IGNORED

This will begin to put things right...

CyranoJ

Or, it might not....

Very, very early stage of this one (But several hours of work)

I just got *something* on the screen and wanted to share (Because I'm grinning here)

post-11520-0-07057800-1452945438_thumb.pngpost-11520-0-51710900-1452945450_thumb.png

*edit - fixed up the RND function - starfield works, and got a bit further:

post-11520-0-86197300-1452946779_thumb.pngpost-11520-0-44180700-1452946786_thumb.pngpost-11520-0-79696700-1452946792_thumb.png

Edited by CyranoJ
  • Like 17

Nice, looking forward to this. I can't say often enough how cool it that you are doing this. The ST was my first own machine and I have a lot of incredible memories with it. (And now that my ST disappeared under very questionable circumstances, this is a great way to play the games ...)

• Like 6

It was a bit bugged on different TOS versions, but now it's running with no TOS ;)

Binary, atarimania link, youtube in the sticky mega thread.

Note: It crashes when you run out of shield. So, there is no try, only do.

Edited by CyranoJ
  • Like 7

Looks good. I hate to be a debbie downer but the ST version's audio via the YM2149 is pretty abysmal. Is there any way the Jaguar DSP can emulate the POKEY effectively, or in this case, Quad POKEY? If so, you could slap in the arcade original music and sfx and remove the ST audio. Of course, the sampled voices are fine and negate the need to emulate the TI speech synthesis chip from the arcade original.

Nice, looking forward to this. I can't say often enough how cool it that you are doing this. The ST was my first own machine and I have a lot of incredible memories with it. (And now that my ST disappeared under very questionable circumstances, this is a great way to play the games ...)

That whole message sounds exactly like me!

First machine ST, and I've no idea where it ended up. Certainly not with me, even though I have most the games!

Looks good. I hate to be a debbie downer but the ST version's audio via the YM2149 is pretty abysmal. Is there any way the Jaguar DSP can emulate the POKEY effectively, or in this case, Quad POKEY? If so, you could slap in the arcade original music and sfx and remove the ST audio. Of course, the sampled voices are fine and negate the need to emulate the TI speech synthesis chip from the arcade original.

Hey now I really appreciate the enthusiasm, but I am only one person doing these in my own time as and when I feel like it :) I will try and do the best I can in the free time I have is all I will give as an answer. However, some titles are personal favourites and will get a lot more time invested in them (Gauntlet 2, IK+, Joust, R-Type) - and this might just make that list!

• Like 3

Hey now I really appreciate the enthusiasm, but I am only one person doing these in my own time as and when I feel like it :) I will try and do the best I can in the free time I have is all I will give as an answer. However, some titles are personal favourites and will get a lot more time invested in them (Gauntlet 2, IK+, Joust, R-Type) - and this might just make that list!

I just watched a Youtube vid of the Amiga version and it seems Domark sampled the blaster fire and explosions from the film. The theme music as generated by the PAULA is also abysmal. Domark may have done great with the visuals but left a lot to be desired with the music. Quad POKEY > PAULA! :)

And I'm not even going to talk about Domark's port of Atari's Return of the Jedi arcade game. What were they thinking or smoking?