IGNORED

Edladdin Colecovision Controller Kickstarter now LIVE!

edladdin

• 1 month later...

Done. You are #33.

Hi Ed,

I think there was a basic level CV controller with 4/8 stick, keypad, and the SAC buttons. I'd like to go on the waiting list for that, although I don't remember what it is called. Any update on when/if those will be rolling out?

• Like 1

Hi Ed,

I think there was a basic level CV controller with 4/8 stick, keypad, and the SAC buttons. I'd like to go on the waiting list for that, although I don't remember what it is called. Any update on when/if those will be rolling out?

Hi Swami!

Thanks for your interest. Yes, that's the Super CV. I've added your name to the list.

I was hoping to tackle the Coleco waiting list before Christmas since that's an obvious thing, but it's looking more like January. We are in the middle of building a run of 35 amplifiers and four systems for the BETAR sound therapy side of the business, and that's proving to be a monumental task.

In January that project will be complete and we will be able to knock a big hole out of the waiting list. My plan is to go through the list and fulfill all the Super CV requests, as that controller is much easier and less time consuming to build, then go back through and serve all the Super Arcade Controller Plus orders.

After the waiting list is complete, both controllers will become available in the AtariAge and Edladdin stores.

Definitely grateful for everyone's patience! Everything seems to take forever.

Best wishes everyone!

Ed

post-40253-0-73165300-1512542211_thumb.jpg

post-40253-0-26530400-1512542222_thumb.jpg

post-40253-0-14941300-1512542250_thumb.jpg

post-40253-0-11373300-1512542262_thumb.jpg

post-40253-0-48566400-1512542432_thumb.jpg

post-40253-0-53599200-1512542445_thumb.jpg

post-40253-0-70583200-1512542605_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Any chance this could be upgraded to a payphone style keypad to match the arcade toughness?

Sure! I'll be happy to provide keypad pinout information for the Easy CV I/O board and the Seagull CV controller board for anyone that wants to replace the stock dome switch membrane keypad with one of their own.

P.S. Can you make mine left handed? Buttons on the left, stick on the right, please?

Ouch... That's tough because the cases and all the holes are pre-stamped in the configuration you see. The round holes are not such a big deal, but I don't have a good way to cut the slot for the keypad's ribbon cable.

Ouch... That's tough because the cases and all the holes are pre-stamped in the configuration you see. The round holes are not such a big deal, but I don't have a good way to cut the slot for the keypad's ribbon cable.

Not sure where the slot in question is, but I take your word on it. Will left-handed be offerred when it becomes available for general sale, like the Super 7800?

Not sure where the slot in question is, but I take your word on it. Will left-handed be offerred when it becomes available for general sale, like the Super 7800?

As you might imagine, the slot is under the keypad, so the keypad's ribbon cable can enter the case.

I'm very sorry to say, there are not currently plans to make a left-handed model. There are large minimum runs to have these cases made and the left handed configuration is WAY less popular than the regular version. We've only had requests for 6 LH Super 78s since 2014. I dont have enough cash to spare to have a run of left hand cases made to fill orders for only a couple per year.

As it is, I am making plans now to change the Super 78 layout from having a left or right, instead putting the stick in the center and a pair of buttons on BOTH sides. This is groundwork for the upcoming Super 52, which also have an ambidextrous stick/button arrangement. And another keypad slot to deal with.

post-40253-0-90901400-1512600397_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

As you might imagine, the slot is under the keypad, so the keypad's ribbon cable can enter the case.

I'm very sorry to say, there are not currently plans to make a left-handed model. There are large minimum runs to have these cases made and the left handed configuration is WAY less popular than the regular version. We've only had requests for 6 LH Super 78s since 2014. I dont have enough cash to spare to have a run of left hand cases made to fill orders for only a couple per year.

As it is, I am making plans now to change the Super 78 layout from having a left or right, instead putting the stick in the center and a pair of buttons on BOTH sides. This is groundwork for the upcoming Super 52, which also have an ambidextrous stick/button arrangement. And another keypad slot to deal with.

Okay. I'll take one of the first Super CV's pictured with the multi-colored buttons and colorful keypad. Thanks for all the information so quickly.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi edladdin,

I love my Super 78 and am very interested in a Super CV. However, I am new to the forum and am way late in the game to inquire, but wanted to know if these controllers were gonna be available for everyone purchase via the Atariage store in the future? If not, do you have any room to add me to your list?

Thank you

@edladdin in reading some of the more recent posts for the Super CV is there a way to have a 4/8 way switch like the all-play 78's or is this unit only available with the octagonal restrictor plate like the super 78.

Thanks!

I had him put a 4/8 way bottom switching stick for a ten dollar upcharge on mine . Then when I got it a friend took the bottom off and cut this hole for easy switching . Although maybe he could do a hinge or some other way but this is how I did mine .

post-30396-0-42063000-1513960500_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

I had him put a 4/8 way bottom switching stick for a ten dollar upcharge on mine . Then when I got it a friend took the bottom off and cut this hole for easy switching . Although maybe he could do a hinge or some other way but this is how I did mine .

Ooh - I like the sound of this.

@Ed - what is the specific make/model of stick that you used for this upgrade?

Hi Ed,

I had a couple questions about the Seagull CV:

1. Are you taking orders for these?

2. Does pin 7 on the 7800 port have the +5V VCC that can power some adapters/devices like the actual 7800?

Thanks!

Hi!

No, the Seagull CV turned out to be a money loser due to the huge amount of time required to build one. We filled the orders/pledges captured during the Kickstarter campaign, but we dont have plans to make any more at this time.

Thank you,

Ed

Hi Ed,

Thanks for offering something so fun for all to enjoy!

Since the overlay is such a big thing with the Colecovision, is there an option to use them with the latest Super CV models? I would like to be added to the wait list please for one with the minimalist option with solid red knob and colored buttons.

For clarification, the latest Super CV controller operates with most Super Game Module games?

Thanks!

John M

Edited by rga321

Hi Ed,

Thanks for offering something so fun for all to enjoy!

Since the overlay is such a big thing with the Colecovision, is there an option to use them with the latest Super CV models? I would like to be added to the wait list please for one with the minimalist option with solid red knob and colored buttons.

For clarification, the latest Super CV controller operates with most Super Game Module games?

Thanks!

John M

Hi John!

The Super CV is a functional replica of a vintage Super Action Controller, less the thumbwheel, so it should behave very well with every game.

I'm in the waitlist right now for the coming batch of SGMs, so I have not personally tested any of those games. But Willie Culver has an SGM and a Super CV and said the controller performed flawlessly with all the SGM games that he tried.

There is no way to attach the overlays directly to the controller. I have thought it should be possible to have a little plastic frame 3D printed that could be attached to both existing and new controllers going forward. Attach the frame to the case over the keypad and slide the overlays in the slot. The keypad is a perfect size match for the original CV controller, so it should work. But I have spent zero time actually working on that. So much to do...

Very happy to add you to the waitlist, which is done.

Building and shipping off the giant Kickstarter spreadsheet was a monumental hassle, so for the waitlist I'm planning to start alerting people on the list as their number comes up, then let each go to the online store and place their order there. Only waitlist orders will be processed until everyone has had an opportunity to step up. That will be the easiest way to capture payment, individual choices for decoration style and colors, and while auto-generating individual packing lists for each client. Likewise, the ability to calculate and pay postage as part of the order.

The Super CV will be It will be $159.00 when it goes live.

Thank you for your interest!

Ed

post-40253-0-31727100-1515097830_thumb.jpg

post-40253-0-19242100-1515097844_thumb.jpg

Hi John!

The Super CV is a functional replica of a vintage Super Action Controller, less the thumbwheel, so it should behave very well with every game.

I'm in the waitlist right now for the coming batch of SGMs, so I have not personally tested any of those games. But Willie Culver has an SGM and a Super CV and said the controller performed flawlessly with all the SGM games that he tried.

There is no way to attach the overlays directly to the controller. I have thought it should be possible to have a little plastic frame 3D printed that could be attached to both existing and new controllers going forward. Attach the frame to the case over the keypad and slide the overlays in the slot. The keypad is a perfect size match for the original CV controller, so it should work. But I have spent zero time actually working on that. So much to do...

Very happy to add you to the waitlist, which is done.

Building and shipping off the giant Kickstarter spreadsheet was a monumental hassle, so for the waitlist I'm planning to start alerting people on the list as their number comes up, then let each go to the online store and place their order there. Only waitlist orders will be processed until everyone has had an opportunity to step up. That will be the easiest way to capture payment, individual choices for decoration style and colors, and while auto-generating individual packing lists for each client. Likewise, the ability to calculate and pay postage as part of the order.

The Super CV will be It will be $159.00 when it goes live.

Thank you for your interest!

Ed

Ed,

Thank you , for me, this is all great news and I think that is a good price, please put me down for Qty. 2.

What is your conservative guess, in regards to wait time, for someone being added to the wait list today?

Best Regards,

John

Ed,

Thank you , for me, this is all great news and I think that is a good price, please put me down for Qty. 2.

What is your conservative guess, in regards to wait time, for someone being added to the wait list today?

Best Regards,

John

Conservative guess would be Thanksgiving of this year.

Ha ha, thats a joke, hopefully. Seriously? The big items on my plate right now are this amplifier build, a sales trip later this month, and a sales trip in February. Once those are clear, we should be able to make some serious headway on the waiting list. I'd be guessing as to when your number will come up. Besides the factors I can actually control, I don't know how many of the previous folks on the list will actually place an order versus decline. So I don't know if I really need to build 34 controllers before I get to your pair, or what % will melt away.

I'll keep everyone posted!

Best wishes,

Ed

Haha Ed, you Turkey!...Thanksgiving LOL Looking forward to this.

Best Regards,

John

Conservative guess would be Thanksgiving of this year.

Ha ha, thats a joke, hopefully. Seriously? The big items on my plate right now are this amplifier build, a sales trip later this month, and a sales trip in February. Once those are clear, we should be able to make some serious headway on the waiting list. I'd be guessing as to when your number will come up. Besides the factors I can actually control, I don't know how many of the previous folks on the list will actually place an order versus decline. So I don't know if I really need to build 34 controllers before I get to your pair, or what % will melt away.

I'll keep everyone posted!

Best wishes,

Ed

I have the Super Arcade + Controller for the CV and it is amazing. I also have an SGM and an Ultimate SD cartridge, let me know if there is any game that someone wants me to check out with the controller. It has worked flawlessly with all of the games that I have tried so far.

Wow, that's great! Thanks for posting.