IGNORED

What game are you most looking forward to in 2016?

Tickled_Pink

For me? This. :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5GBVMGXXFMw

Mirror's Edge was never a big hit but it's the Bladerunner of games. Something that didn't really get noticed when it was released but has developed a cult following. AFAIK there was never going to be another game until fans demanded it. I enjoyed the first one (still have it for the 360) and this one looks pretty damned good.

I'm just hoping it has more scope for side missions and exploration than the original, which was a pretty short game.

• Like 1

I have Mighty No. 9 reserved for the Wii U and it is due out February 9th. It is made and developed by Keiji Infuane who developed the Mega Man Series and is based off of it. I grew up and enjoyed the original Mega Man and Mega Man X series games. It is a 2D platformer with 3D animation and artwork. I am really anxious to play it.

• Like 2

I only have one must-have game for 2016, and it's No Man's Sky. The gameplay, the open-ended, free-form design, and the retro color palette really appeal to me. I am also interested in Cuphead, Crackdown 3, open-world Zelda, Starfox U, and anything new with Star Wars attached to it. I'm sure other cool things will come along, so I'm not going to pre-order anything or lock myself down beforehand. Except for No Man's Sky, I want that for certain.

Obligatory trailer video, just like you guys are posting:

• Like 1

Japanese stuff. Persona 5 and Final Fantasy 15 are both supposed to hit this year. I don't keep consoles plugged in anymore really but I've still got my launch PS4 so I'll probably hook it up to my 1080p monitor for awhile to play through each one.

• Like 1

I have Mighty No. 9 reserved for the Wii U and it is due out February 9th. It is made and developed by Keiji Infuane who developed the Mega Man Series and is based off of it. I grew up and enjoyed the original Mega Man and Mega Man X series games. It is a 2D platformer with 3D animation and artwork. I am really anxious to play it.

That actually makes me want to go out and buy a Wii U. Not for me but for my 13 year old and granddaughter. Daughter hasn't shown any interest in PC or Xbone gaming but has owned a DS of some type since she was 3 (I remember asking about the DS here before I bought a couple that Christmas in 2005 or 2006). Found her 3DS the other day but can't find the charger.

Granddaughter has a tablet, even though she's just 2! She knows how to navigate through YouTube once we search for what she wants. She even grabs my controller off me when I play Star Wars Battlefront, although the other players are probably thinking I'm drunk when they see a Tie Fighter flying around in circles. She's a gamer in the making.

Anyway, this is the type of game that younger kids can get into. Very colourful. Makes it a shame the Wii U hasn't been more successful.

Episode 1 Racer, Need for Speed II SE, Virtua Fighter, Death Track Racing, WipEout, Last Bronx, Rogue Squadron, Re-Volt, Xwing vs Tie Fighter, and several more.

Probably not what you mean though...

Well, in that case, I'm looking forward to whatever games they show off for the NX.

Edited by MotoRacer

I guess Deus Ex: Mankind Divided should be out this year.

I'd be a bit more excited about it if they had a new main character, but I'll probably buy the game either at or shortly after launch.

It also doesn't feel like there's been enough time since the last one--but I know that's not the case.

More sneaking around is always a good thing.

Edited by Reaperman

Torment: Tides of Numenera

Original Sin 2

Underworld Ascendant

Expeditions Viking

Kingdom Come: Deliverance

Seven Dragon Saga

Don't know if Knights of the Chalice 2, Grimoire: Heralds of the Winged Exemplar will be this year

Thats a great list....I'm on the beta access for Torment but don't have the time to mess with it.

Underworld can't get here quick enough.

• Like 1

Doom

Final Fantasy VII Remake

World of Warcraft Legion Expansion (I end up playing for a month or two then quitting out of boredom. Hoping a new class keeps me a little bit longer like Mists did)

Twilight Princess HD

Alice Dreams Tournament

Divinity: Original Sin 2

Yooka-Laylee

Toe Jam & Earl: Back in the Groove

Battle Chasers: Nightwar

Sydney Hunter and the Caverns of Death

I'm sure I forgot a bunch. I've been playing Omega Labrynth and the new Yakuza Japanese PS4 release lately. 2016 is going to be a pretty big year for gaming. I highly doubt the NX will be a thing this year but stranger things have happened.

X-Com 2 is the only game I'm looking forward to really and it comes out in a few days. I don't really play any strategy games, but I love the old and new X-Com games.

I'm mildly interested in the new Doom. I would probably be more excited for it if Brutal Doom didn't exist. I'm concerned that the enemies look too similar in the video and the same executions were being pulled off. It won't be out for awhile so I'm going to hold off any judgements until then. I'd like it to have some of the horror of Doom 3 without the whole monster in the closet behind you thing because that got old real fast.

Edited by xenomorpher