IGNORED

Season 5 - The New HSC - Week 2 = Donkey Kong

S.BAZ

Prepare to vanish from the face of the earth for a week. Possibly two or three, depending on if you already know your way around or not. That game is incredibly addictive.

It was part of a HumbleBundle for $1, and I like it so far. an adaquate sequel to the old DOS version. The problem with owning so many games (or the roms), is that I don't really feel a huge desire to play anything in particular. back when I paid $2 to rent an NES game for a weekend, I played the game to death (I suppose I also had much more free time with zero responsibilities)

I don't think it will cut into my HSC time too much.

• Like 1

I think the fireballs (i've been calling them "jitterbugs" -- fitting with the 'bugs' reference) can only cross gaps when jittering.

added my pic & partial video. still playing Donkey Kong but getting stuffed. i did have a 200k+ run yesterday though.

**bonus available**

let's play a homebrew Donkey Kong for bonus pts.

(thanks CapitanClassic for the idea!)

I think the fireballs (i've been calling them "jitterbugs" -- fitting with the 'bugs' reference) can only cross gaps when jittering.

added my pic & partial video. still playing Donkey Kong but getting stuffed. i did have a 200k+ run yesterday though.

**bonus available**

let's play a homebrew Donkey Kong for bonus pts.

(thanks CapitanClassic for the idea!)

I've had them slide across the gaps when they aren't in that jitter mode. But it is more prevalent when they are in that temporary mode.

• Like 1

BONUS - Donkey Kong VCS - 51,000

have your cam ready because when game ends you have only SECONDS to take a pic!!! Note: My game actually ended at 51,500 but didn't have time to snap the shot! I was taking pictures periodically after last man to have SOMETHING in photo

post-27266-0-93275400-1454111754_thumb.jpg

Edited by voodoo_chilly

Well, I'm done. I finally managed to break 100,000 and I'm satisfied. The rivets level fireballs are so tedious, I can't play it anymore. Final score: 104,700.

I got 17,900 on the other one, however looking at other people's images, I think I played the wrong game. Didn't realize there are a couple of different DK homebrews.

post-37527-0-46130000-1454132002_thumb.jpg

post-37527-0-21697000-1454132293_thumb.jpg

• Like 1