wanax

Platman, conversion from Amiga to C64....and A8.

Ciao Andrea.

Can't wait to see your latest work for A8.

• Like 1

Reminds me of Rockman and another very similar (to Rockman) game that's all in grayscale (can't remember the name of it right now). Looks like fun...

Edited by MrFish

Thank you Andrea and thank you to José for the graphics. And thank you again to José if you encouraged Andrea over to the A8.

• Like 2

Thank you Andrea and thank you to José for the graphics. And thank you again to José if you encouraged Andrea over to the A8.

You're welcome, I hope will like begins a new adventure for me!

• Like 1

Reminds me of Rockman and another very similar (to Rockman) game that's all in grayscale (can't remember the name of it right now). Looks like fun...

You meant Mr. Proper (still in preview state, and probably it will remain...).

Fun project, best wishes! :)

I wonder if it's possible to get the fluffiness of that tune using POKEY. Any chance to get a package for RMT ?

You meant Mr. Proper (still in preview state, and probably it will remain...).

Yeah, that's the one. The reason I didn't find it is because I didn't look in my "Beta" games folder. Pretty similar.

I wonder if it's possible to get the fluffiness of that tune using POKEY. Any chance to get a package for RMT ?

The music is the same for the two version...

Good to hear that the conversion is going well Andrea :thumbsup:

Yes :)

Now I am free of commitments (Rocky Memphis aside), I can devote myself at this :thumbsup:

• Like 1

Yes :)

Now I am free of commitments (Rocky Memphis aside), I can devote myself at this :thumbsup:

I've seen your Rocky Memphis game on YouTube in the past, it's a lovely looking game. I didn't realise that you were the coder until now.

Lovely looking and sounding game, thank you so much for the work and a big thank you to Jose for the graphics and persuading an Atari port...

Looking forward to this...

Although we two had some talkings on the past mostly regarding my mockups of Rocky Memphis here it was Wanax that send me a p.m. to show the C64 version and said he was interested on also do an A8 version.

I have to admit that at first I was really not sure that an A8 version could be done and that I could ever get anything for the game screens in 2:1 ratio instead of the Saul Cross C64 1:1 coloured gfxs and hi-res sprites.

But in a few days I was happy to found a way and taking the main idea could built all the gfxs. The sprites of the ghosts be in nice 2PMGs multicolour 3colours each and many different will also look good. In the end it will be a game that shows it is an A8 game (colours, more screen lines,...) similar, in some ways, to the Amiga version.

Still a long way ahead but is beeing fun :) and who knows what other surprises and news can come in the future...

Edited by José Pereira

Between one nappy and another,I have time for to programming... ;-)

If I manage to do well with Platman I would like continue in this direction (RM). But in the meantime I show the sprites of ghosts...

post-38121-0-45746300-1455662791_thumb.png

• Like 3

Hey there! I give you a little update :-)

The conversion is goins well, only one little "problem"...are the sprites! I'm used to those of C64 are more flexible for me :-)

In any case I am enjoying! I enclose the tiles (meta-tiles) map that I use for C64, perhaps I'll use it for this conversion. The second png is the result on the Atari..

José: sooner or later I answer your questions ;-) :-D

post-38121-0-81494600-1458065086_thumb.png

post-38121-0-40133000-1458067463_thumb.png

Edited by wanax
  • Like 6