IGNORED

Platman, conversion from Amiga to C64....and A8.

wanax

Pokey or maybe better dli interrupt only if you want multiplex soft sprites. You can also write your own software sprites procedure, I saw your sprites move only left/right or up/down. Best way is use both, multiplexing with soft sprites. You must write it in assembler, your code is like Action not assembler.

• 1 year later...

Is this project still alive?

I wonder if people realize, how much more Atariblast is advanced , compared to other stuff. It's like a "new generation of hardware" has been used.

People run always into a gap on "nothingness" , when they believe, what could be done.

Things only can be finished, if the coder knows about the real limits.

Not everyone is a Paul Lay.

• Like 2

Its not dead until the fat lady sings, or something like that...Like many coders he's probably got numerous irons in the fire and life only allows so much time to do it all..

I'll see if I can catch up with him and maybe get an update of things..

Its a lovely game by him, love to see an Atari port..

Looking at his CSDB info I can see he stopped work on C64 stuff in 2016 to do other stuff and as of July 2017 was back doing C64 stuff, since then he's had a game (or more) released commercially so I imagine he's rather busy...

I'll update as I find out..

Edited by Mclaneinc
  • Like 1

That was quick, Wanax just came back to me and the good news is the project for the Atari isn't dead BUT there's two machine projects (non Atari) he's still working on..

So thumbs up for the project but some time to go...

Thanks Wanax...

Edited by Mclaneinc
  • Like 7

Great to read that the project is not dead because I think it can be achieved even with the limitations of the p/m-graphics (compared to C64-sprites). I mean, most of the times there is only a single ghost in each scanline.

But one question remains: Did wanax continue to code on platman a8 or has the project been on hold for the last two years.

Yeah! No news but you can always see all the screens (loading, in-game (animation objects only on 1st screen) and game-over") that Wanax posted some time ago (press the 'fire button' to go the next untill the last one): platman.xex

But you can also imagine Pac's movement (by now just a little bit left & right) only on a gif :grin::

post-6517-0-43066300-1535335676.gif

And also a proposal I did to him after he decided to do a 2nd Platman for C64 that instead of beeing Platman Worlds it would be called Platman Plus on A8 and have 1st level original then would change map and back walls gfxs for each of the others (here with same platform/walls and food tiles as in original level but maybe I'll create others for each of the news levels).

Here's the loading screen (saying it'll be in 2019 ;)):

post-6517-0-55624300-1535337617.png

And some levels appearance:

post-6517-0-92999000-1535336015.pngpost-6517-0-17920700-1535336024.pngpost-6517-0-52882400-1535335927.pngpost-6517-0-95259400-1535335936.png

:P

:thumbsup:

Edited by José Pereira
  • Like 6

Things may be moving again, not saying they are but me and wanax had another nice chat..

He's still very busy and he has a current commercial game he's still working on but projects sometimes can change their working order, the coders the boss :)

He's a friendly guy and working hard....You never know ;) That's all I'll say...There's two things I hear from coders, one is time, never enough of it and the other is change in priorities, what was impossible becomes possible and then it can swap in the blink of an eye...Mix those together and its a tough old hobby / job...

Paul..

Edited by Mclaneinc
  • Like 3

• 2 years later...