IGNORED

Show us your ColecoVision & ADAM set up!

The Evener

You have an ADAM, but how do you have it set up? And where?

For the past 25 years (with a brief appearance five years ago before returning to its container), the ADAM has largely been out of site. I began by collecting classic video game consoles and computers beginning in the late 1980s with the idea of having many of them available for play in a "games room" down the road. Fast forward to 2010, and I was able to stake out an 8 1/2" x 13 " basement room. The first thing I set up was the ADAM, but after I began to acquire some classic arcade machines a couple of months later, I had to move the table and the ADAM out.

Last week, I decided that the ADAM had to come out again, featuring the same gear I had in 1987 -- Commodore 1702 monitor, disk drive, ADAMLink modem, and SmartWriter (hidden underneath due to space). The "desk" is now an arcade cocktail. It's snug, but it works!

post-31178-0-50928200-1453782920_thumb.jpg

Edited by Colecomeister

Wow, that is an impressive setup! Thanks for bringing the ADAM Computer back out. That poor computer was much maligned when it came out and yes it had production issues. I also heard it just about sunk Coleco Industries.

Back in the day we were impressed that you could get so much for the money (whoo hoo Dot Matrix quality printer & computer). Dang the printer was loud. My friend & I also mistakenly thought it was going to be compatible with the Apple IIe. I think it's because they talked about the BASIC that was on board/included being similar to the one in Apple computers. There was a super cool flyer I clipped from a magazine that I had hanging on the wall that my friend and I would always eyeball. We both finally could afford it when it went on clearance.

I enjoyed mine the 2 or 3 years that I had it. Eventually, the printer began to sound like a machine gun when it turned on & the tape drive started erasing tapes. So cool you have the disk drive too. Thanks for posting! Coleco ADAM forever! :)

Hole-y crap, that is fantastic! Talk about video game/computer nirvana -- I want to touch all the boxes! :)

I spied the rare ADAM plus ColecoVision package -- I came across a thread about that in my searches -- very nice grab!

I also just saw the "Show Us Your Collections" thread -- don't mean to duplicate, but let's consider this a showing among friends before you head over to the big stage!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...