IGNORED

Adamem/SDL OS X v1.9

Geoff Oltmans

Hey guys... I'm looking for a few willing testers for this version of Adamem/SDL. So far only the OS X version, but Raspberry Pi and Win32 versions will be coming soon.

This adds:

Support for two joysticks. All real ColecoVision controllers are supported with the use of the Ultimate PC Interface, including Driving controller, Roller Controller, and Super Action Controller. Any USB joysticks can be supported however, and each button remapped via adamem.joy file.

Fix for lock up issue when running emulator for ~30 minutes

Added 720p and 1080p video modes

Fixes for GUI interface

Some sound emulation improvements

ROM images can be loaded and emulator started by clicking ROM image in finder (you must start game by doing a Game Reset)

Installer package

...a few other things...

Let me know if you have trouble.

Adamem_1.9.dmg.zip

• Like 2

Oops. As soon as I launch the installed program, my mouse goes crazy and is confined to an invisible section about 1 inch squared, just off the lower-right hand corner of the emulator window. Alt-Tab to another app, and the mouse is fine.

I should explain that... that is by design currently. I had to do that in order to support the spinner/roller controller emulation. Ideally I'd prefer not to but for now it'll have to do until I (or someone else) can figure out another solution. It will do this until you pause the emulator or as you say, command-tab to another app. To pause the emulator, use command-. (period) and then you can get to the menus.

Here's a copy of the documentation...

The GUI is a work in progress. Some of the options do not take effect immediately, but saving the changes will write out a new config in {home]/Library/Application Support/Adamem for the next time you start the emulator. Any of the normal command line switches that are mentioned in the documentation will work with the OS X version as options in the config file, but you will have to hand-edit these for now (also note that the changes will be overwritten if you go back to the preferences menu and apply those changes). Same for the joystick mapping file, which is located in the same directory (if it exists). The format of this file is explained in the documentation and you can change it how you see fit.

adamem.txt

Edited by Geoff Oltmans

• 3 years later...
On 12/23/2019 at 4:38 PM, telengard said:

Were the other platforms (other than Mac) ever released with these updates?

Not yet. I ran into issues with the Windows compiler and got sidetracked on other more interesting stuff at the time. Santa brought me a new Windows 10 laptop though, so I'm raring to give it another go. Finally, 2020 may be the first "official" release. ;)

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Geoff Oltmans said:

Not yet. I ran into issues with the Windows compiler and got sidetracked on other more interesting stuff at the time. Santa brought me a new Windows 10 laptop though, so I'm raring to give it another go. Finally, 2020 may be the first "official" release. ;)

It didn't bug me much at the time that it was Mac only, but when I finally took the rose-colored glasses off and saw what shite Mojave was, I am now 80% back in Windows land (still have one laptop and one iMac at the shop).  I look forward to you getting the bugs worked out  :)