IGNORED

IDE Plus 2.0 - the newestl edition available very soon

Simius

Hm, perhaps I have misformulated this. I do not know such a coder, I thought that you, guys, already have a candidate, like FJC, who, as ProWizard puts it, would love to cooperate. So I should have said: IF someone, who knows how the menu should work, codes it up, then etc.

That was what I understood. That is why I was talking about the 2nd coder. I find it good news that you did this suggestion. I already asked FJC to think about it!

• 2 months later...

May be interested in one down the line depending on finances. I'm a broke EET student at the moment. When might a run of these be completed?

The Rev. D I have is still working great. I'd love to stick that one on my 130XE and use the new version on my XL.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi there simius.

Sorry for some kind of offtopic but Konrad advice me to contact you...

I have old version of IDEPlus 2.0 and I'm lucky with it but it seems that it's batteru/accu dead.

I tried to exchange it in simple manner but it seems that it's impossible.

It sits there too firmly.

Is there a way to replace battery in old IDEPlus 2.0?

Thanks in advance :)

The time has come. Final price is $79. Shipping cost for 1-2pcs is $10. Plastic box for DIY casing included. To choose from black and white. Additional one +$2.

See current status and report the inaccuracies. Please also let me know if somebody want to withdraw. Soon I'll send you PM with info about payment. If you have any question, don't hesistate to ask. :)

PS. Sorry for the typo in the title of thread.

Hi Simius-

Does "E" differ in function from the Rev D? Or is it just smaller with fewer components?

I see three momentary switches on the board. Are these functional now, or for things that might be added later.

You mentioned "testing is underway" but I can find no reports of the results. Works with Rapidus?

Could you or one of your testers provide a few more details, please.

Thanks,

Larry

@Larry

Tactile switches with LEDs and NV memories replaces the slide switches. There are some differences in the memory map - control registers now are readable/writeable. Device number is set by software with the same protection method as in Antonia 4MB. There is also a 1-channel, precision PWM-mode Covox.

Works with Rapidus.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Received my Rev E today, well packed and in fine shape.

I can get to the menu screen and change/save settings, but using the same CF card from my Rev D, it won't boot (just black screen). Presume something else needs to be set. (?) My system has power to the PBI, and since I get the menu, then can power be an issue to the IDE? Ill look back through this thread, but I don't remember any additional user info.

Checked back through the thread, but see no added info. Must be the settings of the tactile switches. SDX keeps turning itself back on regardless of the menu screen. Can't even get it to boot with SIO.

-Larry

The time has come. Final price is $79. Shipping cost for 1-2pcs is $10. Plastic box for DIY casing included. To choose from black and white. Additional one +$2.

See current status and report the inaccuracies. Please also let me know if somebody want to withdraw. Soon I'll send you PM with info about payment. If you have any question, don't hesistate to ask. :)

PS. Sorry for the typo in the title of thread.

I guess I'm a johnny come lately. :(

Is there one for a XL with a black case left?

Thanks for the diagram.

Should E work OK when powered from PBI as does the Rev D?

I get no LEDs of any type. It behaves as if it is not powered. Bad cable connection? Can the low profile 50-pin connector be removed as with a normal 50-pin connector? It evidently is very tight, and I don't want to break the pcb getting it off.

Well, here's the deal... It evidently will not work with my Ultimate 1MB. I suspect that would be important to a lot of folks. I swapped computers to a 600XL with Antonia in it, and it took right off. Green (SDX=ON) LED comes on, and boots fine.

In the 800XL with U1MB, C and D work great powered from PBI.

In the same 800XL, E will not power up.

Mystery solved.

-Larry

Thanks, Roy. It was set at "7" in the Ultimate. I'm still running the original Candle bios, and IIRC, 7 actually is 0. (?) Anyhow, I changed it to 1 then 3 then 5 and it still is black screened.

Do you have one of these yet, and does it work with your Ultimate?

I did some further testing, and works great with stock memory XL's and XE's (with the included adapter).

-Larry

I'm still running the original Candle bios, and IIRC, 7 actually is 0. (?) Anyhow, I changed it to 1 then 3 then 5 and it still is black screened.

In Candle's BIOS, the visible PBI IDs of 1, 3, 5, and 7 are actually 0, 2, 4, and 6.

The hang might be caused by having SDX enabled in U1MB and IDE Plus (choose one or the other), although I'm clutching at straws. The original BIOS also did some aggressive clearing of the CCTL region which is rectified in the new BIOS (but I'm not sure if that's relevant here), so if all else fails it might be worth trying an update.

• Like 3

Hi Jon-

Rev E doesn't want to work with your new bios, either. I re-flashed the Ultimate bios and tinkered with the settings to get my Rev D to boot properly. Then I attached the Rev E with the same CF card, and... nothing. Black screen.

Anyway, I gave it my best shot.

-Larry