IGNORED

IDE Plus 2.0 - the newestl edition available very soon

Simius

My Rev E came in the mail today and I also get nothing but a black screen. With my 130XE and Ultimate 1 Mb and also 130XE with 256k upgrade. No lights nothing on screen.

OKay now working with the 130XE 256k upgrade I just plugged and pulled several times and twisted the battery and now works.

Putting SDX449 into it.

Okay so now I can not remember how I got SDX449 flash to this REV'E' IDE plus. I seem to remember using an atr with a flashing program and the rom in the atr also. I can not find the atr and Uflash is asking for information about the rom that I do not know.

If any has this information to share. I would appreciate it.

I've had no luck flashing the Rev e, either. Tried to re-flash with 4.48 and now it won't go into SDX at all. It completed the flash successfully. It does boot fine with MyDos on the CF card.

So I'm interested in this also if you find any revelations. The previous versions had a stand-alone flasher ATR. Have you ever successfully used Uflash on this version?

-Larry

• Like 1

I've had no luck flashing the Rev e, either. Tried to re-flash with 4.48 and now it won't go into SDX at all. It completed the flash successfully. It does boot fine with MyDos on the CF card.

So I'm interested in this also if you find any revelations. The previous versions had a stand-alone flasher ATR. Have you ever successfully used Uflash on this version?

-Larry

I found the IDEPLUS file in and older folder I once used as a PCLINK folder. And so I stuck this file into and ATR and added the newer SDX449 ideplus.rom from the download site. I will PM you a copy of the bootable ATR.

Hi Konrad-

I went to the SDX Project site and downloaded the SDX 4.48 -- "IDE Plus 2.0 interface." So this is for up through "D" and not for E? There is nothing for IDEPlus other than what I just mentioned.

What is the correct one called, and where is it located? Didn't see anything at your page, either. Or am I misunderstanding what you said?

-Larry

Larry,

the flasher for the 4.48 should be able to flash all revisions up to (and including) E/F. I only say that any older flasher (e.g. the one distributed with the SDX 4.46 or SDX 4.47 flashing ATRs or older ones) may be unable to flash the SDX ROMs in the IDE+ rev. E/F. The reason is that the new revisions are different (hardware-wise) than the older revisions A, B, C, D. The E/F revision only gets flashed flawlessly using the SDX 4.48 flasher because that flasher is aware of the rev. E/F hardware, and is able to detect is and use it. So it is rather critical to use the current flasher released with a fairly recent version of the SDX (in this case, 4.48).

Edited by drac030
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 years later...
On 8/31/2016 at 7:23 AM, Simius said:

Sorry, if my english isn't clear enough. It's not my first language nor even the second. :)

With or without Antonia, it doesn't matter. Moreover, I found the solution and it will possible to doing it without a diode (ie. direct), after reprogramming of CPLD.

Simius, is this new CPLD available so that you don't have to hold down Option on an XL machine?

10 hours ago, Simius said:

It seems to me that in rev.F it was from the beginning. Note that "without a diode" doesn't mean without anything, but with a direct connection (RD5 to the pin39 PBI).

IDEPlusF.zip 2.8 kB · 4 downloads

I don't think this is for the chip in my device. When I do auto detect it displays a EPM7192S

When I load this pof it shows as EPM7192SQ160.  I flashed it anyway and it did not work correctly. The date/time on the config screen showed garbage and would lock up eventually. 

I  visually inspected the chip and it says EPM7192SQC160-10N

36 minutes ago, Simius said:

I see, that the PLL (ICS570 - 8-pin IC next to the JTAG connector) is set as x8 multiplier. For this firmware it has to be x16. Cut out pin6 of the ICS570 and short pins 1 and 2.

F.thumb.jpg.a4cfa614e63c03bf2cc8014b75383be0.jpg

I did as you said, now it's completly dead. I reprogrammed it but still no luck. Doesn't even go to the config screen anymore. I notice mine has a capacitor on pin 5 and your doesn't. Yours also appears to have pin 3 cut?

9 minutes ago, Simius said:

I'm affraid, you don't recognize the pin numbers correctly. Pin1 is here:

F.thumb.jpg.30b48a5bb53a0fa5ad79a6fa98edd848.jpg

That's why I pasted the picture so that you don't make a mistake. 

Yes, I understand that’s pin 1, and I shorted it like your picture has to pin 2, and I cut pin 6.

3 minutes ago, flashjazzcat said:

But you said Simius' picture showed pin 3 cut earlier??? You realise that's pin 6?

To make sure I have it right, I was assuming the pins were, starting on the top left, with the dot and going down, 1,2,3,4 and starting on the top right, 5,6,7,8.

from that I said it looked like pin 3 was cut.