IGNORED

Petition for Air Strike to be finished and released

• 6 months later...

A completed, polished Air Strike is definitely on my list of wanted games. If it takes a while to get there, that's 100% OK with me. :)

How many existing, classic-era protos haven't been given the CIB treatment at this point? Air Strike, Hypnotic Lights, Grid Shock, Space Shuttle, Blowout, Quest...any others? I'm only counting games with significant gameplay that aren't just compilations of other existing games.

Also: has there been any sign of the Wall Street game for ECS?

A completed, polished Air Strike is definitely on my list of wanted games. If it takes a while to get there, that's 100% OK with me. :)

How many existing, classic-era protos haven't been given the CIB treatment at this point? Air Strike, Hypnotic Lights, Grid Shock, Space Shuttle, Blowout, Quest...any others? I'm only counting games with significant gameplay that aren't just compilations of other existing games.

Also: has there been any sign of the Wall Street game for ECS?

Blow Out has been just released by Rev

I thought I showed the rough art/concept sketches for this before. Did I not?

attachicon.gifair strike concept 1.jpg

attachicon.gifair strike concept 2.jpg

attachicon.gifair strike concept 3.jpg

attachicon.gifair strike concept 4.png

And some finished box art too.

attachicon.gifair strike art bullets.jpg

attachicon.gifair strike logo.png

attachicon.gifair strike art textures.jpg

Yes, you have posted those before.

-dZ.

I have not touched the game since June of 2015. Try this ROM if you like.

attachicon.gifairstrk2.ROM

I am not sure what more I want to do with it. It does need more work.

That's pretty good thanks. I like how the original Air Strike fixed the controls from Triple Action; up to dive and down to climb. But the turning radius is too big compared to Triple Action. Also stalling at the top of the screen is a little frustrating since the terrain gives you less space to fly.

The enemy copters are a good adversary. If the ground artillery started shooting occasionally at some point, that would provide another challenge. As the score goes up, maybe even a guided missile comes into play that has to be shot down

Right now, except for explosions, all the aircraft and targets are the same color. It would be nice visually if the hero were maybe blue or red and targets mostly greens, yellow, tan, gray, black.

Is an occasional cloud possible, as in biplanes?

It's a nice update that's already a playable game now, which is reason enough to be excited about it :thumbsup: