IGNORED

Anyone have a PDF of the MacADAM manual?

LoTonah

The disk image available in the Adam software archive on Joe B's site contains the entire manual in SmartWriter format files that you can display in Virtual Adam by mounting the disk image, but don't Boot, and then clicking on the appropriate files that are displayed in the right-side catalog listing. There are three files IIRC that make up the manual and when you click on them, they will be brought up in Notepad so just do a little cut and pasting to join all 3 files and then print to a PDF.

BTW, I should know seeing as I typed that big mofo into SmartWriter back in the 90s!

Here, I took it upon myself to PDF the docs.

macadam docs.pdf

The disk image available in the Adam software archive on Joe B's site contains the entire manual in SmartWriter format files that you can display in Virtual Adam by mounting the disk image, but don't Boot, and then clicking on the appropriate files that are displayed in the right-side catalog listing. There are three files IIRC that make up the manual and when you click on them, they will be brought up in Notepad so just do a little cut and pasting to join all 3 files and then print to a PDF.

BTW, I should know seeing as I typed that big mofo into SmartWriter back in the 90s!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

No problem...also, although the doc files are viewable the way NIAD described, there is an even better method if you are using Virtual ADAM to see SmartWriter files.

Mount the disk in the virtual disk drive

Check the option to "Boot WP"

Load the doc files off the disk into SmartWriter and "PRINT" them

Exit out of SmartWriter back to the Virtual ADAM screen and click on the printer.

Now you will see a directory of the files you just "printed" printed to properly formatted text files.

Just click on them or load them into your favorite word processor.

Yes, thank you, jblenkle!

• Like 1

• 4 years later...