IGNORED

BOS800+ CODEBUSTERS 85

orpheuswaking

I recently pulled apart a dead 800 in the hopes of resurrecting it. When I pulled the ROM card it has a piggy back board with three EPROMS. Sadly I was unable to fix the 800 itself (Swapped all chips with a donor and still nothing). I then slotted the ROM card in a working 800 and this came up

post-6732-0-84263700-1454089840_thumb.jpeg

There is a switch on the board but I get the same screen regardless of what side it is switched to.

Does anyone have any idea of what it is/does? I can't locate anything online

Edited by orpheuswaking

It will boot to DOS. Not sure how to dump it though, if someone can assist.

here is the board

post-6732-0-75933600-1454285997_thumb.jpg post-6732-0-83456600-1454286003_thumb.jpg

When I removed the piggyback board I noticed that it sits in the left row of the socket for A401 and the right row of A403, the other rows are left empty.

• Like 1

Looks like a XLBOSS version for Atari 800, well the name also points to something like that.

Would be interested indeed.

It looks like the board replaces the ROMS in the Atari 800 so the Eproms do contain the original code and new code I guess then the switch would allow you to choose each mode atleast that what's I suspect seeing this picture cannot think of other use for the switch.