IGNORED

PNW - TI-99/4A Fest West 2016 - April 30th

Omega-TI

After I burned the cartridge, I tested it a few times, from a cold start and it always seems to come at the full menu, so I think whoever wins it will be happy. Now if the GROM header does that on a warm reset, I agree it would be nice!

I have posted a GROM file here that you can try:

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/243766-bin-repository-images-for-burning-cartridges/page-6?do=findComment&comment=3452932

• Like 2

Does anyone going to Fest West have an extra one of these?

s-l1600.jpg

<< THIS AUCTION >> has them cheap, but I don't need six of them.

I don't have any extra, but I really like the ones with the metal housing better. They are much more solid and don't feel as flimsy.

Like this: http://www.ebay.com/itm/2PCS-5-Pin-Male-Midi-Din-Plugs-Connectors-For-Mic-Speakers-Amplifier-Metal-/401045400564?hash=item5d602b2bf4:g:nroAAOSwBLlVLK1-

• Like 1

Is it OK to bring stuff to trade (or give away)? I don't have much...but would love to bring home something I don't have (or with an emptier box to make my wife happy).

Sure! That's half the fun! :) Bring your goodies, bring some money, because you just know somebody will have something that you "just gotta have!"

The only thing I'm not encouraging is people bringing their TI's. There is just not enough room for nearly two dozen people (so far) to set up their systems. Besides, there are not enough electrical outlets.

• Like 1

I'll be sending Omega a DIY surprise prize for the Fest as well. . .something very appropriate to a Fest West. :)

Statements like that make me curious about the history of the term Fest West. This thread mentioned a few prior venues. I've seen some historical mention of Fest West and Tucson.

When I was in high school, I came down from the Seattle area to go to a TI gathering in Portland, OR. I don't remember if that was called a Fest West. Later I think the Queen Anne computer group in Seattle held a 'swap meet'. Now I'm rummaging around in parts of my brain that have been happily idle for decades... I picked up a CC-40 at that Seattle event, and a Gram Karte. That CC-40 was my first 'PDA' if you will. Anyway... Those probably happened somewhere between 1986-89.

I wonder if anyone has significant histories around previous 'Fest West' they'd like to share?

-M@

Statements like that make me curious about the history of the term Fest West. This thread mentioned a few prior venues. I've seen some historical mention of Fest West and Tucson.

When I was in high school, I came down from the Seattle area to go to a TI gathering in Portland, OR. I don't remember if that was called a Fest West. Later I think the Queen Anne computer group in Seattle held a 'swap meet'. Now I'm rummaging around in parts of my brain that have been happily idle for decades... I picked up a CC-40 at that Seattle event, and a Gram Karte. That CC-40 was my first 'PDA' if you will. Anyway... Those probably happened somewhere between 1986-89.

I wonder if anyone has significant histories around previous 'Fest West' they'd like to share?

-M@

Went to fest west in 86 at the Shrine Auditorium in Los Angeles http://atariage.com/forums/topic/247870-we-dont-need-no-stinkin-badgers/?do=findComment&comment=3414932

Greg

I have an old out-dated and pretty much worthless laptop that never gets any use anymore, but I was thinking, would anyone be interested in chatting to random attendees at Fest West on April 30th? I could bring it and set it up for attendees to chat with folks that cannot make it. I was thinking of the SHIFT 838 CHAT site.

We could host a TI chat on the myti99.com website, with people participating on their consoles, those with the necessary stuff to run Stuart's web browser. His multi-line version should be out by then.