IGNORED

PNW - TI-99/4A Fest West 2016 - April 30th

Omega-TI

Looking forward to the meeting. For "presentations", is there going to be a projector or anything like that, or will the group be small enough that we just gather around individual computers if we want to show off our latest software project? Just wanting to know if I need to try to dig out a VGA, DVI, or HDMI adapter for my laptop.

I'm hoping to, if I can finish it in time, show off a project I've been developing for the past several weeks. I probably will have to show it off on an emulator as I'm behind a bit behind schedule, but if I get lucky, I might be able to show it off on an actual machine (console with NanoPEB and F18A).

I want to keep the project a "surprise" for now, so no hints about what it is. Want to "unveil" it at Fest West.

• Like 6

For "presentations", is there going to be a projector or anything like that

No projector, sorry. It could not hurt to bring an adapter 'just in case'. Honestly I don't know what kind of connections their big screen TV has, or if they would even let us hook up to it. I would play it on the safe side and assume no.

Are you planning on arriving at the beginning? The plan is to space out the presentations a little so people can talk and ask questions afterwards, mingle & chat, trade or buy some goodies to take home and just have some fun. The only things set in stone are the start time, lunch time, drawings & prizes time and ending time.

Hello to All of you who the owner CC-40 Compact computer.

Mine seems to broken ??

I did fully charged my rechargeable 4 batteries.

The display pops up weird in solid square blocks in about 12 blocks across the screen. Not the whole screen.

I need to know if ANYONE WHO KNEW how to repair CC-40 ?

YES , It was used to be working great in about 4 months ago !

Edited by Caterpiggle

Have you opened it up? Checked for power voltages? I can bring a internal power supply and possibly a vdp. It usually is one of those.

I have not opened it up. I will bring it just in case someone has time to look at it inside. I try to salvage everything especially in good shape.

Looking forward to the meeting. For "presentations", is there going to be a projector or anything like that, or will the group be small enough that we just gather around individual computers if we want to show off our latest software project? Just wanting to know if I need to try to dig out a VGA, DVI, or HDMI adapter for my laptop.

I'm hoping to, if I can finish it in time, show off a project I've been developing for the past several weeks. I probably will have to show it off on an emulator as I'm behind a bit behind schedule, but if I get lucky, I might be able to show it off on an actual machine (console with NanoPEB and F18A).

I want to keep the project a "surprise" for now, so no hints about what it is. Want to "unveil" it at Fest West.

I'll be bringing a stock TI-99 4/A, PEB, Smallish TV screen, and a Lantronix ethernet bridge on my own cellmodem for Internet access. Anyone can use this for their demos if they want to, that way not everyone has to lug a system along with them. I'll also bring along my projector in case there's a suitable place to use it.

I look forward to seeing everyone's demos!

• Like 3

I would like to know more about the history of these meetups. How many TI 99 West Fests have happened? Annual meetup? What was the first year that they happened? I am so happy that I get to attend part of this meetup.

Many, I went to one in 1986 in CA.. they have died out over the last 10 years probably due to lack of organization/interest.. But that has very much changed the last few years.

We had an impromptu one last year in Portland at the Sheri's diner near the airport :) good times were had and Kevan decided we should have more so we are.. http://atariage.com/forums/topic/217259-ot-p%C9%90%C7%9D%C9%B9%C9%A5%CA%87-%C6%83uid%C9%AFnp-;/?p=3334497

Greg

Edited by arcadeshopper

(it's Golden Week here, I'm off with the family doing family things in the middle of nowhere, and my cell phone reception is spotty. This may be the last you hear from me until the end of next week)

Omega, favor please: please drink (or have someone drink) one Mickey's Big Mouth (if they still exist), one Olympia beige can (if they still exist), and one Red Hook IPA. Can't get those here, and sometimes I miss them.

(and, yes, video of a drive around Centralia would be depressing as hell. Cue "Pink Houses".)