IGNORED

CollectorVision as an official Coleco (aka River West Brands) Developper?

retroillucid

Hi guys!

Today I spoke with Chris at River West Brands about the Coleco History Book so we can work something out about the Liscence

BUT, we also discussed about possible partnership between River West Brands and CollectorVision

Chris Is very interested to having us making new games for the ColecoVision System

Wich mean, CollectorVision would become an official ColecoVision developper!

Our games will now be officially liscenced by Coleco themselves

Now, nothing is set in the stone yet, but there's good chances this will become a reality!

I'll keep you guys posted

• Like 12

That is absolutely amazing and really really good news!!! I'm glad that the efforts to continue to support and program for the system is still happening so that those of us can still enjoy the system and also so a new generation of players can play and appreciate what we all love!!

That is absolutely amazing and really really good news!!! I'm glad that the efforts to continue to support and program for the system is still happening so that those of us can still enjoy the system and also so a new generation of players can play and appreciate what we all love!!

The only thing that would make me stop making new ColecoVision games is if i'm not healthy anymore

Until then, the coleco brand is still flowing in my veins

Edited by retroillucid
  • Like 2

Well with what you guys produce, I can say the future is bright with the quality things you guys have produced and I'm a huge fan. My only regret is not being involved with these forums at a much earlier time because I missed out on a lot and am playing catch up lol.

You guys keep up what your doing and I know we will keep purchasing!!!!!

• Like 1

That is really good news. Would things still be released the way they currently are now? Or would they expect a more widespread "distribution" so to speak???

I expect the games are going to be available on River West Brands' website, but also available to some distributors, like GoodDealGames, etc..

And of course, our website (wich is currently in HEAVY works right now) ;)

• Like 1

No and that's one of the reason actually

River West Brands will be able to get us liscences so we can create let's say, a previously unreleased arcade game on CV

Maybe even sequels to some games

So let's say you were interested in doing a game like Bagman or Bomb Jack now. Does being licensed by Coleco actually make the process more involved or easier? And do you now have to get their approval before moving forward?

So let's say you were interested in doing a game like Bagman or Bomb Jack now. Does being licensed by Coleco actually make the process more involved or easier? And do you now have to get their approval before moving forward?

JF and Toby can just do those ones on the Inty instead ;)

• Like 1

Yes, River West is already doing that kind of stuff so that would definitely make things easier to get liscences

No, we don't need their approval, we'll definitely still keep making stuff on our owns

The only thing that would make me stop making new ColecoVision games is if i'm not healthy anymore

Until then, the coleco brand is still flowing in my veins

Come on JF even if you weren't healthy anymore and needed a blood transfusion, you would only ask for Coleco Branded blood :lol: . ColecoVision or Die :evil: :evil: :evil:

No and that's one of the reason actually

River West Brands will be able to get us liscences so we can create let's say, a previously unreleased arcade game on CV

Maybe even sequels to some games

I doubt that. I think River West Brands is company that own Brand just to sell Licenses . following the "Pay to brand" model. They earn money by selling licenses. They don't care about on what you put the brand i think.

you could sell Condom with Colecovision Brand , you just have to pay the license. "With ColecoCondom , have fun with your Joy Stick !" :grin:

The interest of this kind of company , is to sell the more licenses possible. I don't think they will be able to get us licenses for what ever game , unfortunately. :(

I doubt that. I think River West Brands is company that own Brand just to sell Licenses . following the "Pay to brand" model. They earn money by selling licenses. They don't care about on what you put the brand i think.

you could sell Condom with Colecovision Brand , you just have to pay the license. "With ColecoCondom , have fun with your Joy Stick !" :grin:

The interest of this kind of company , is to sell the more licenses possible. I don't think they will be able to get us licenses for what ever game , unfortunately. :(

Maybe you should just talk with someone over at River West Brand before saying this?

Seriously, maybe you should ;)

At least, you should consider it

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

This is awesome news but how are games like Gradius and Donkey Kong licensed? Is it because CV had the rights at one time?

I speak from personal experience with dealing with Nintendo and IP. With a single email they seized my server and my own personal content.