IGNORED

Another Poll - How many TI-99/4A consoles do you own?

Omega-TI

TI-99/4A Consoles  

40 members have voted

1. 1. How many TI-99/4A consoles do you own?

• Only one console
    • Two consoles
    • Three consoles
    • Four consoles
    • Five consoles
    • Six consoles
    • Seven consoles
    • Eight consoles
    • Nine consoles
    • Ten consoles
    • Eleven consoles
    • Twelve consoles
    • Thirteen consoles
    • Fourteen consoles
    • Fifteen consoles
    • Sixteen or more consoles but less than twenty.
    • Twenty or more consoles but less than twenty-five
    • Twenty-five or more consoles
    • An obscene amount of consoles

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

I CAN STOP ANY TIME!

Sure we all could theoretically, but you know it is always good to get a backup in case something gets broken. But what if that backup does not work anymore? So better have a backup for the backup, and so on... I guess there is a whole health industry earning money with mental guys like us. :-D

• Like 4

I guess I have between 40 and 50 of them right now, possibly more (I haven't counted them i a long time)--but they are also a mix of US, European PAL, and Argentine consoles. I have several different 99/4s in there too. . .

Wow, if you have pictures of your museum that would help me a lot, I could show it to my wife and convince her how lucky she is, as I have only 4 consoles. :-D

• Like 2

I presently have 7. I got my first one in the early 90s for $2 at a flea market. Of the countless hundreds of systems in my collection, the TI-99/4a has been one of the cheaper/easier systems to get over the years.

I even scored a TI-99/4 on eBay several years back, but it got "lost" in the mail and I haven't been able to track down a decent one since.

I have six at present, in varying degrees of condition. I never intended to have six, I would have been quite happy with one main console and one backup-but, sometimes a 4a with "accessories" comes up on Ebay and you end up buying another console just to get hold of the other bits and pieces being sold with the computer.

That is my excuse anyway. ;)

• Like 3

All I can say is I now have proof I am not alone. :-) Pretty much everything that has be written here, I have done. Early on in my collection phase I made a promise to myself that whatever computers I get, must have a floppy drive. A mandate so to speak. I waited till a 4a with PEB showed up on Kijiji. I have to say, it is becoming one of my favourite computers. So, like so many of you, you have to get a back up in case something happens. I needed one as a few of the keys never worked on mine. Then, you find a great deal on some games, but it comes with the console, so now there is the backup for the backup. Then you notice one day while kijiji browsing that a guy 5 mins from you have a beige 4a for next to nothing, so you figure what the heck, might as well give it a good home. :-)

The sad part of all of this is, that I have seemed to screwed up my sons mind with the backup practice. "Hey dad, don't you have that computer already? Yeah, I need this as a backup in case it stops working". So, while shopping at Walmart: "Hey dad. can you buy this ninja turtle for me? Why, I thought you already have that one. Yeah I do, but it is my favourite and I need a backup in case I lose it or it becomes broken". My wife turns to me and said "see what you started". OOPPPSSS!

Edited by Space Centurion
  • Like 4

Well, at least you know your kid listens to you and learns. :)

You mean everyone does not get a backup for their backups backup backup?

Ya know, justification is a logical thing, as these things get older and more rare, the prices go up. You are just hedging against rising costs of classic hardware and insuring that you have 'adequate' spare parts on hand...... right? ;)

• Like 3