IGNORED

TI-99 - DOCs, Manuals, eBooks, Lost & Found

Schmitzi

I have found a few more Not Polyoptics programs! These were in Extended Basic - and this one, Bankroll, failed to mention it in the documentation, so this is a scan of UK-only documentation. Programs for 2 players just didn't sell here, and there may not be too many copies of this around.

Documentation for the Extended Basic cassette program "Bankroll" by Not Polyoptics - as usual a set of TIF files for you to ocr, pdf or print as you wish. Hi res and clean.

post-47425-0-84979000-1548885307.jpg

s

bankroll_np.zip

• Like 4

because blackbox shared a pair of very hard to find Aardvark software i worked on them and also restored a catalog.

attachicon.gif1.jpg

Aardvark Catalog May'83

happy reading.

Games here:

Quest and Wizards Tower

still thanks Stephen for your nice work on scanning and sharing :)

https://mocagh.org/miscgame/aardvark-83catalog.pdf

Thank you for your work restoring, archiving and sharing the catalog.

Edited by twoodland
  • Like 2

Perhaps my last two Not Polyoptics cassette program documents. Their later Extended Basic programs caused me as a distributor endless problems with stability and playability. These two were offered for sale in the UK for not for very long. I added a lot to the documentation for Tower- so this is a UK only version- but in the end the almost guaranteed lockups made me delete it from the catalog after only a few days.

Tower's "Garbled message" messages were bad enough but when they crashed the program, it had to go. Waldoball I just never understood, and as I could not play it, could not be sure (based on their other offerings at this time) that it was not fatally bugged.

In the UK at least I could never have got away with calling Waldoball "fast paced action" as NP did in their US advert!.

All a pity when their TI Basic programs were really rather good!

So here we have documentation in TIF format for you to ocr, pdf, or print, for WALDOBALL, and the UK only docs for TOWER (Civilian).

s

WALDOBALL_NP.zip

TOWER_NP.zip

• Like 5

The software covered today is in the current YESTERDAYS NEWS -

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/251850-yesterdays-news/page-14?do=findComment&comment=4210739

so here as requested! is the documentation for Command Dos (4A Dos) by Monty Schmidt, published by Ryte Data.

This may not the original documentation but a second issue, but I don't think there is any change. Confusing dating:

The back cover has a date of 1986 and a statement Copyright 1983.

Page five, in the normal font for the document, indicates Copyright 1987

Page three, in a font unique to the document with a hand-drawn © symbol says Copyright 1986.

The document is clean and clear and is presented in TIF format for you to ocr, scan or print as you wish.

command_dos_4a_dos.zip

• Like 6

Two sets of documents for you today:

ENTRAPMENT by Thomas D Johnson - a game I still enjoy playing - from ASD&D. This is from very clean and legible 1982 documentation.. I still have the shipping note- dated 12th July 1983. Sold on disk for Extended Basic, Mini Memory and Editor Assembler. Also available for FG99. Booklet page size was 165mm x 200mm.

WAR ZONE by Quinton Tormanen 1989, distributed by Comprodine- written for Extended Basic, Editor Assembler, TI Writer, and Mini Memory. Note- this is WAR ZONE, not War Zone 2. Scanned from original documentation which used a very small print (80 characters across an A5 page).

As usual supplied as hi res tif files, as clean as I can make them, for you to print, ocr or pdf as you wish.

- note- To avoid undue duplication I am keeping an amalgamated sorted list of on-line documentation for my own reference, would you like me to post it here from time to time? (I can't keep an updated link, I will have to keep reposting from time to time). I am listing documents here and on whtech, ti99iuc, and the Adventure Museum. These are not hot linked due to problems with changing urls but point to where to look.

entrapment_ad_and_d.zip

War_Zone_Comprodine.zip

• Like 4

The list is a really good idea, as it points folks to what is out there at the same time that it identifies what is still missing.

Two lists- the first is a sorted amalgamated list of what is online, and which site has it.

wht can be a hard site to find things in so some entries have a little pointer on where to look. I have omitted some of the poorer quality documents rather than discourage better copying, and some entries have a quality flag on them.

The final two items on the amalgamated list are not sorted in- sorry, must do better.

amalgamatedlist5feb19.pdf

Atariage has a separate list covering the recent additional documents with the actual links to use- these are not formal links but your browser may allow you to highlight text and right click to go to a url, or you can copy and paste to the address bar.

atariagelist.htm

If I have missed anything or you know of another good source, please DM me. Ta.

How often I repost the lists will depend on the number of additional documents- I was thinking of the next one in the first week of March.

A few more odd documents to scan, then I shall move on to the TI manuals, which take forever, there are so many pages with minimal content!

Stephen

• Like 3

There were several disk packages to enlarge what you could do with Extended Basic.

Using a 40 character wide screen was one popular trick.

There was "Enhanced Display Package" from Paragon, which I have and the docs for which may appear here in a while, and then there was this one:

DISPLAY ENHANCEMENT PACKAGE from Oak Tree Systems, On disk for Editor Assembler, Mini Memory or Extended Basic. Yes, the extensions could be used in TI Basic as well!

Enhancements included selection of 28 or 40 column mode, and the necessary commands to use 40 column mode as all the usual commands had to be repeated eg CALL VCHAR became CALL LINK("VCHAR"...) and so on. It was also possible to set up several pages of display and quickly switch from one to another.

This is the UK documentation, in good hi res TIF format for you to ocr, pdf or print as you wish.

regards

Stephen

Display_Enhancement_Package_Oak_Tree.zip

• Like 4

Two sets of documents today for very different programs.

First is "Disk Data Base" from Asgard, 1986. Scanned from original printed documentation. The printed font was really too small. I bought this, looked at it, thought it too small for my disk collection - and the time to learn what it was, how to use it, and create a database just didn't give me enough benefit-.... but a clever program anyway. Works best with three disk drives (!!!) and is a pain with a single disk drive. A SSSD disk can handle just 2500 entries (file names) while a DSDD disk can hold 12500 entries. Sorting is in blocks of just 250 file names. Extended Basic load. Did anyone purchase AND use this?

post-47425-0-34121900-1549794493.jpg

Second is the UK documentation for a cassette program from Not Polyoptics, Laser Tank - I added a paragraph on the scoring mechanism. A one player extended basic game. Very few copies sold- a magazine reviewer gave it just 3 out of 5 stars but didn't make a negative comment.

post-47425-0-09840400-1549794504.png

As previously, hi res TIF images for you to ocr, pdf or print as you wish.

disk_database_asgard.zip

lasertank_np.zip

• Like 4

Two documents for you today.

MUNCHMAN 2 (Triton/Philips) Module and FG99 - after I had scanned this manual I discovered a link on the forum to a manual pdf for this game on 99er.net- under another thread! I'm posting this here anyway. My page 1 is somewhat worked on and my page 2 quite a bit sharper than the pdf.

BUCK ROGERS Planet of Zoom (SEGA) module for TI99 - known in Japan as ZOOM 909 has nothing to do with Buck Rogers apart from the name... the game was an ancestor of SEGAs Space Hunter and Nintendo's Star Fox- neither of them for the TI. This is the documentation with the colourful cover. There seems to be variants in the .bin files available for this game so your version may differ from the manual.

If you know of any online documentation not listed in my lists posted earlier or you add any to another thread, could you DM me! I will repost my lists in this thread from time to time. Now I'm off to look at 99er net and see what else there is over there....

Stephen

munchman2.zip

Buck Rogers.zip

• Like 4

A really rare one today- anyone else buy this?

Documentation for SOUND EXPERIMENT 1 by DATA FORCE - better known for Kippy's Nightmare and Bang Bang Sub. Released on cassette for Mini Memory. In hi res tif format for you to ocr, pdf or print as you wish.

This is not so much a program to use as a set of routines to experiment with- would have been better with the source code, but we didn't get that.

The original documentation was photocopied on one side of A4 paper, 4 pages. A card cover was stapled to one corner.and the whole was folded in half.

post-47425-0-56520000-1550081222.png

stephen

sound_experiment_data_force.zip

• Like 2

Wow this is kool :) Never saw that before.

The CALL LINK("ON1/OFF1"), wouldn´t it be perfect to control something ?

For switching a relais or whatever ?

Who has eaten the disk tape ? :-D

The tape has gone to that big wrinkly vinegar smelling acetate heaven.... alas. Yep, great for on/off operations (you can do that in Basic with the Advertizer module...). For "amazing hifi" think of a square wave 0v/1v at fairly low frequency, speech was not readily understood.

• Like 2

Getting on to the long slog of TI manuals now, but first a last rarity-

Documentation for GIANT ARTIST POSTERS written in c99 by Paul Coleman and distributed by Comprodine in 1989. The documentation is a little short (how do you load what with what for example!) and the original was not as clear as we like, but here it is as best as I can get it in hi-res TIF for for you to ocr, pdf or print as you wish.

The disk loads with Extended Basic, works with TI Artist Vn 2 images saved as full screen (24x32) _I (instance) files, requires an Epson compatible printer, and can print an "instance" up to 24x size.. These instance files are created using the Artist option "Enhancement" then "Slides" options then "save an instance" - these files may occupy 75 sectors. Printing a 64 inch by 100 inch picture will take of the order of three hours, and probably exhaust your ribbon and you will have 80 pages to stick together...

Just the documentation here......

stephen

Giant_Artist_Posters.zip

• Like 5

With reference to the Sound Experiment 1 above (http://atariage.com/forums/topic/248687-ti-99-docs-manuals-ebooks-lost-found/page-10?do=findComment&comment=4219271), you can find the code on disk (with expanded docs - retyped) courtesy of Sparkdrummer at

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/288302-sound-digitizing/page-1?do=findComment&comment=4220895