IGNORED

TI-99 - DOCs, Manuals, eBooks, Lost & Found

Schmitzi

Documentation for two more modules, in zipped TIF format images, clean hi res 480dpi for you to read, ocr, print or pdf.

MOONSWEEPER from PHM 3224 IMAGIC - 1983 - programmed by Smith/Western Games Design Group, documentation Dennis Lamb

BURGERTIME PHM 3233 - from DATA EAST USA 1983

post-47425-0-68487200-1559761945.jpgpost-47425-0-20135900-1559761935.jpgpost-47425-0-70336300-1559762283.png

enjoy

moonsweeper.zip

burgertime.zip

Edited by blackbox
  • Like 3

DOCUMENTATION LISTS- MANUALS ON ATARIAGE and elsewhere on the 'Net

Here are updated lists as at 6th June 2019:

First are manuals held here on Atariage, with a link to the post holding the document- this is a simple text list:

omegalist.txt

And an amalgamated list of manuals both here and elsewhere on the 'Net, ignoring some lower quality ones to encourage higher quality posts to replace them. This is a six page PDF document:

softwaremanualsamalgJun19.pdf

regards

• Like 1

Documentation for two modules in zipped tif format, clean and hi res 480dpi to print, read, ocr or pdf.

STAR TREK (Strategic Operations Simulator) PHM3225 SEGA

Interesting module conversion of an arcade machine. The cover logo with "Star Trek Strategic Operations Centre" in yellow with the smaller type on a black background matches the upright arcade cabinet but is a departure from the TI norm of having the smaller type in white. You won't see it in the scan but there is some evidence the artwork started out with the small type in the normal white.

More interesting perhaps is a feature of the module- my copy will only work with Joystick Number 2 so if you have a single joystick make sure it is plugged in as Joystick 2.

MUNCHMOBILE PHM3146 SNK Electronics

Another excellent arcade conversion. The original SNK machine was called JOYFUL ROAD, The game was licensed for US Video Arcade Game maker CENTURI of Florida and sold as MUNCH MOBILE (two separate words). TI then released the game and claimed a trademark on MUNCHMOBILE (just the one word!).

Learning to control the cars "hands" can be tricky, and dropping litter into the bins takes skill. Level two adds traffic lights and junctions...

The arcade machine used a Z80 at 3.75Mhz so the TI was a good match, although the restriction to 16 colours was a difficulty- the arcade machine used 256 colours.

My manual is tattered and this is something of a recreation but 99% authentic! I had to put this in now as MUNCH MOBILE has just this month been released by SNK for modern Windows machines! Admittedly you buy their anniversary product and then have to download the free extra Munch Mobile...

Anyway, enjoy. s

post-47425-0-36374700-1560358858.pngpost-47425-0-69577700-1560358877.png

startrek.zip

munchmobile.zip

Edited by blackbox
  • Like 5

• 5 weeks later...

Sorry, I am having problems with the new software...  however

1 Many thanks to Albert for changing the server to allow me in - no compromises have been made, Atariage still has a Grade A security report.

2. Above is the documentation for FATHOM in the usual zipped hi res tif format for you to pdf read ocr or print as you wish.

Best wishes    s

• Like 7

Hi res 480dpi documentation for MICROSURGEON, PHM3220 from Imagic.
A zipped file with tif images for you to read, ocr, print or pdf as you wish.
This was a port from an Intellivision game, by the original programmer Rick Levine.

Added to the Intellivision version- higher resolution graphics, a view of the hospital room, speech including "Paging Doctor Levine".
Possibly a small graphic somewhere composed of lower case letters ck under lower case letters ri, but I never live long enough to find them- I find this game very challenging.

Is this the ONLY official TI games manual containing a colour illustration inside?
Enjoy- s

msthumb.jpg

mstiscreen.jpg

microsurgeon.zip

Edited by blackbox
  • Like 6

Activity is slowing down in this hot weather!  Down to a pile of educational module documents now- quite a lot, and they weren't/aren/t very popular it seems. Also some are on the thick side.

Many serious educational firms were involved with the TI modules, and their efforts were not always well targeted as few parents read the manuals or sat down with their children.

We start the slog with DIVISION 1,  PHM3049 - 1982, (C) Scott Foresman and Co.

div_1_thumb.jpg

div1scrn.jpg

Division_1.zip

• Like 4

Hi res manual scan for INTEGERS  (PHM3094) written by Milliken - part of the "Milliken Math Sequences" and therefore also called Integers Sequence.

As usual clean hi res (480dpi) tif files for you to ocr, pdf, read or print - or read!

Query- has anyone identified the paper type TI used? It is thicker than standard printer paper (which I notice has now reduced from 80gsm to 75gsm or even 70gsm  in our suppliers...). I'm guessing it is possibly a 120 gsm paper?  The card covers are probably 200gsm semi gloss?

This is a 1982 module marked as for Grade 5 to 8 (UK year 6 to 9, or other countries ages 10 to 14). 32 levels starting with choosing which is greatest or least of a positive number or a negative number, which is greatest/ least between two negative numbers etc. Includes adding two negative numbers, subtracting a negative number from a negative number, order of operations, multiply and divide...  main subject seems to be negative numbers.

However I protest the manual wording. I have no memory of ever having heard before or ever using or ever needing to use the words "subtrahend" and "minuend". Whoever wrote this liked to label everything! These words should not be in the manual at all!   In a computer age INTEGER is ok to use (only one R folks!) although I seem to recall the phrase "whole numbers".

intthumb.jpg

integersscrn.png

integers_milliken.zip

• Like 4

Actually, I remember both minuend and subtrahend from grade school. I guess it really depended on the school back then whether you would have used the terms or not. Schools now barely understand the concept of math at all, so the detailed technical words in our language that support it often disappear completely from the textbooks (something Turtles and I talk about a lot--differences between when I went to school and what he's learning now).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Doch, I remember these words from school. In German:

Summe = Summand + Summand

Differenz = Minuend - Subtrahend

Produkt = Faktor * Faktor

Quotient = Dividend / Divisor

Everything from Latin origin, so pretty similar in other languages

Minuend = the one to be made smaller (Latin minus = smaller, minuere = making smaller, -nd = Gerund = thing that is subject to some action)

Subtrahend = the one to be taken away (subtrahere, sub = down, away from, trahere = drag, pull (with PPP tractum = dragged, tractor = the dragger, tractio = the dragging))

People keep saying that Latin learning makes no sense. I did enjoy it.

• Like 1

Documentation for PHM3003 Beginning Grammar- 1978/1979
By Texas Instruments Learning Center

Hi res zip with 480dpi tif images for you to read, ocr, pdf or print.

In common with many older modules the text refers only to TI99/4 keys to use with a quick reference guide inside the front cover indicating the TI99/4A keys to use.

beggramscrn.jpg

begin_grammar.zip

Edited by blackbox
spelling
  • Like 4

Yes--knowing some Latin is very useful in a lot of ways. Turtles had to take a course this year that taught him a lot of the Latin prefixes, suffixes, and roots as used in the English language. Oddly enough, they called the course Caesar's English, which put him in the line of fire for a lot of jokes from the other students. . .

• Haha 1

Clean hi res 480dpi tif images in a zip of the manual for Scott Foresman's READING ROUNDUP, TI Module PHM3047. The module was also sold as SF30118.

Use the images to read, prepare a pdf, OCR or print out.  This module was sold as suitable for grades 3 to 5, UK year 4 to 6, rest of world ages 8 to 11.  
This module covers Figures of Speech, idioms, and using context to understand meanings.

readroundupth.jpg

readingroundup.zip

• Like 5

Here are zipped clean hi res tif images scanned at 480dpi for you to read, print, ocr or pdf.
for:
NUMBER MAGIC PHM 3004.  1979
Texas Instruments Learning Centre.
6k of software.
"For children ages 6 and up"- some educational systems might consider earlier ages.

An older manual -  so all text from page 2 refers only to TI99/4 keys- please use the "quick reference guide" inside the front cover for the keys to use with the TI-99/4a.

Simple add, subtract, multiply, divide tests.  It is possible to temporarily add up to ten problems of your own in the form 5-3=?
NOTE: Next up (in next 7 days)  will be the European manual for this module, in six languages.  Due to small print I will use 600dpi scans  for that, but the manual will have to be split into two parts due to size.

nummagicusthumb.jpg

NumberMagicUS.zip

• Like 3

Is there an interest in the module labels?  I have been posting the manuals and not adding the module label (where I have the module).

Query-  Shall I add the labels when I have them in good condition?  A sample download is in this posting, for Number Magic (Black Label). Some of mine are in very poor condition, the labels just peeled away...

Do you find it of value for me to add the small images of the manual covers in the posts and/or the screen grabs as I have been doing recently?   Making good progress with the European Number Magic.

After that it will be "Pre School Early Learning Fun" and "Early Learning Fun" - I note the illustrations inside differ a little although the text is very nearly identical.  eg Screen illustrations show a capital letter for one manual but a lower case letter for the other manual.

nummagiclabelpng.zip

• Like 4