IGNORED

TI-99 - DOCs, Manuals, eBooks, Lost & Found

Schmitzi

Here is a clean copy in super hi res 600dpi TIF images, zipped together, for you to read, print (use 1200dpi!), OCR (best of luck) or PDF (do not compress!) of the 36 page manual for:

SUPERSPACE I / SUPERSPACE II from DataBiotTics Inc
(c)1986, designed by Edgar Dohmann.
Also in the ZIP file is a scan of the module label for SUPERSPACE II.

Although headed for SUPERSPACE II the manual also covers the SUPERSPACE I module- the only difference is that II had 32k of bank switched ram while SUPERSPACE I had just the 8k ram.

The module included the Editor Assembler module GROM, and required a separate 32k ram plus a disk system.
The manual includes a pcb layout and partial parts list. The module includes a battery - a  Lithium BR2325.  I daren't think what condition the battery in my module is in...

The scans are from an original manual from DataBioTics, which contained a lot of white paper and tiny tiny print in lo res, so I have used 600dpi scans for you to appreciate it!

The module was supplied with four diskettes, including a cartridge vacuum/loader which operated only for modules with 8k ROM ONLY, no GROM,  and could transfer module ROM to disk and then reload the files from disk to Superspace-  but you will need extra hardware ("cartridge expander")  to allow you to switch modules without resetting the console.

The disks contained utility programs including editor (revised TI Writer editor), with Assembly format option eg no word wrap), formatter. You had to copy files from the EDITOR disk supplied to an EDIT disk you have formatted. Also supplied was Art Green's Macro Assembler.  Clint Pulley's c99 may only have been supplied with Superspace II.

Instructions were supplied to add a header to your assembly program so that it appeared on the SUPERSPACE start up menu.
For an assembly program to use the bank switched ram of the SUPERSPACE II the assembly program had to include the bank switching method used (CRU bit pattern in >0800). 

superspacethumb.jpg

superspace.zip

• Like 8

• 2 weeks later...

A zipped collection of clean hi res TIF 480dpi images of the 48 page manual (1037109-135) for:
TERMINAL EMULATOR II  PHM 3035
for you to read, ocr, pdf or print.
Manual (c)TI 1981 but my module labels are marked (c)1980 and (c) 1982

The zip file has some extras!
1. My manual is rubber stamped voiding the printed warranty- the zip has a scan of the page plus the same page with the rubber stamped message carefully removed.  Your choice.
2. This manual text was for the 99/4A- so specially for TI99/4 owners a two page addendum regarding the keys to use.
3. Not one but TWO module labels- the black one and an odd pinkish one.

TE2_thumb.jpg

TE2.zip

• Like 5

A zipped collection of clean hi res TIF 600 dpi images of the 56 page manual (033C1580HC) in English, German, French and Italian, printed in Holland.
"WIRED REMOTE CONTROLLERS"  PHP 1100
(c)TI 1982
The English and Italian text gives the contact addresses for TI in England and Italy.
The illustrations differ for each language, the differences are in the original print and I have not edited anything out. In French and Italian the console is textured but the French lacks the button labels. The English and German pictures are identical except for label language.

Planning ahead I have some really thick manuals so there may be a couple of weeks in between- coming up...
Disk Memory System PHP1800 1980  60 pages
Weight Control and Nutrition PHM 3021     1980. Orange cover, TI99/4 version. (I'll add my own addendum with TI99/4a keys!) - 84 pages.
TURBO PASC 99 from  LL Conner.  66 pages (spiral bound)- early edition with sticky labels on several pages with corrections: the manual was purchased from Conner in this condition!  Plus unpublished programs to handle data using STREAM, and one  to read/write where the number of items is not known also using STREAM. 
then if I get there- on to the 5 language EU manuals of 72 pages each for the DLM Arcademic modules.

remote_eu_thumb.jpg

Remote_EU_(GB DE FR IT).zip

• Like 5

2 hours ago, MikeV said:

A bifocal friendly version of the CC Disk manual. Has an excellent walk-through on file formats. Unfortunately, some assembly will be required. The program - Enhanced PDF works quite well for that purpose.

A first shot with my tool. Just let me know if any objection, I can play around.

CorComp-9900-Disk-Controller-manual--scanned-by-MikeV.pdf

• Like 4

27 minutes ago, mizapf said:

The challenge is to find a single line that does the job: ;-)

for zipfile in ~/Downloads/CorComp\ Disk\ ControllerP*; do unzip "$zipfile"; done; convert *_?.png *_??.png controller.pdf; rm *.png

I drag the PNG´s to my tool and click OK  ;) 
for a linux command line, I would need some hours :grin:

Actually, I had to work around a small problem, because the pages below 10 only have a single digit, so a "convert *.png controller.pdf" messed up the order. So I "split the wildcard" as *_?.png (name with a single character after the underscore, then the .png) and *_??.png (name with two characters after the unterscore and before the .png).

There is a solution to everything. (Well, mostly.)

Linux users like me do not think in terms of tools but in terms of shell commands. :-D

• Haha 1

1. Euro Warranty- located:
   I have a number of manuals scanned here with a rubber stamp voiding the warranty pages. I have now located the document referred to in the rubber stamp text, on Ciro's lovely website at http://www.ti99iuc.it/web/index.php?pageid=database_cerca&archivioid=173
     Ciro has document 1103002-1.  Does anyone have -2, -3, -4 or higher to add to the collection?

2. Query- Weight Control and Nutrition Module:
This will be my next foray into scanning. This is a mammoth 84 page book, with 37 pages of recipes and dubious nutritional information regarding the recipes.  Would you like me to scan the lot for historical completeness, which will take quite some time, or should I omit the recipes and nutritional info about them?
Typically the recipes are for very large families- serves 6, 8, 10 or 12 is normal. The nutritional info is based upon a "standard" cooking oil, yogurt, instant gravy etc which can vary enormously. They also use "processed cheese" and "American cheese" - cheeses can vary very much in saturated fat content.  You can even buy cheese with stanols added.  The recipes are obviously using US measures (cups) and temperatures (degrees F).
Your comments are welcome (or to avoid taking space in the forum just drop me a short DM)- when I get to page 36 in a week or so I will take a look to see if anyone has expressed a wish!.

• Like 3

A zipped collection of 480dpi clean hi res TIF images for you to read, print, OCR or PDF for
Texas Instruments Home Computer Accessory:
DISK MEMORY SYSTEM.
This is the early manual for the stand alone disk controller PHP1800, the Disk Manager Module PHM3019 and one or more free standing disk drives PHP1850.

Sixty pages full of information you need if you are setting up your old kit or have purchased some second hand- vital operating information, what to do when you have one disk drive or more than one, removing the resistor pack from the drive and using the "adaptor card".  Lots worth reading and rereading.
Two bonus scans included in the zip file- the Disk Manager module label and both sides of the pcb adaptor card.

[Take a look at the module on the cover- it is a Household Budget Module- which seems to have been used in all the early publicity material!!]

diskmemthumb.jpg

DiskSystemPHP1800.zip

Edited by blackbox
add a trivia item
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, blackbox said:

1. Euro Warranty- located:
   [...]     Ciro has document 1103002-1.  Does anyone have -2, -3, -4 or higher to add to the collection?

Stephen i have some more to scan too, found these ones:
numcodes.png.a1c85bb4305bafdf7353f558dd4bbac7.png

1 hour ago, blackbox said:

2. Query- Weight Control and Nutrition Module:
[...] -Would you like me to scan the lot for historical completeness, which will take quite some time, or should I omit the recipes and nutritional info about them?- [...]

well, if you ask me,yes ?

BTW, thanks for all your help in these nice scans man :)

• Like 1

21 hours ago, MikeV said:

I forgot what the name of that label maker program was.  IIRC I heavily modified a version of that program BITD.  I may even still have the modified program and some original graphics I made for it.

Thanks to the splendid work of MikeV there are many new titles added to the documentation lists, so time to post updates-

The Txt list is in alphabetic order and gives the direct URLs to documentation held here on Atariage.
The pdf is a list of documentation I have found across the web with an indication of where to find it. Currently over 450 titles.

The pdf  lacks the latest Republic Software manuals on ti99iuc (sorry! - they will be in the next list issue).

omegalist.txt softwaremanualsamalgaApril2020.pdf

• Like 3

1 hour ago, INVISIBLE said:

I forgot what the name of that label maker program was.  IIRC I heavily modified a version of that program BITD.  I may even still have the modified program and some original graphics I made for it.

It was a very useful program back when more printers "understood TI". Does your modified version have a work-around for that? It is probably just me, but I can only get an emulator to print very basic items, e.g. a program listing.

26 minutes ago, blackbox said:

The pdf is a list of documentation I have found across the web with an indication of where to find it. Currently over 450 titles.

The pdf  lacks the latest Republic Software manuals on ti99iuc (sorry! - they will be in the next list issue).

omegalist.txt 34.49 kB · 2 downloads softwaremanualsamalgaApril2020.pdf 110.46 kB · 2 downloads

A few more are on the way, but some assembly will be necessary to not get that error message. (Thank you by the way for inspiring the work around!)

3 hours ago, MikeV said:

It was a very useful program back when more printers "understood TI". Does your modified version have a work-around for that? It is probably just me, but I can only get an emulator to print very basic items, e.g. a program listing.

I've used it in the past for testing with the HDX with mixed results.  It doesn't play well from the TIPI but I'll try to dig it out this weekend and throw it on the HxC drive to see how it operates with the TIPI/PI.PIO.

4 hours ago, INVISIBLE said:

I've used it in the past for testing with the HDX with mixed results.  It doesn't play well from the TIPI but I'll try to dig it out this weekend and throw it on the HxC drive to see how it operates with the TIPI/PI.PIO.

I experimented with Fred's print spooler (HDX?) -to brothers printer - with mixed results as well. It is particular about settings and fixed fonts, but then the old TI compatible printers were as well. Thanks for reminding me - the nanopeb has a serial port which might work as well (I guess TIPI is newer and better?)