IGNORED

TI-99 - DOCs, Manuals, eBooks, Lost & Found

Schmitzi

I've seen that document before--I may even have one or two of them. Reading it, it looks like a translation of the flyers TI provided their retailers to hand out to customers considering a system purchase. Look carefully at the ArtikelGruppe entry--it looks like it was added later, as it is darker and in a very different font.

• Like 1

ah ok, thanks @Ksarul. The fact that you have only two of them and i haven't any, can confirm that it is not so common to find anyway. For me was also the first time i saw it in an auction.
I haven't found any of these document scanned somewhere so I done my best to preserve it :)

The Consideration regarding the translated document is also interesting, anyway not an official TI translation, right?

Remaining instead the curiosity on what ArtikelGruppe is, if course it is like a stamp added later, but it also has a code number and i don't understand if ArtikelGruppe is the name of a Company or whatelse.

I never heard of a Company "Artikelgruppe" and I doubt that you can register a company in Germany with that name; it is an unspecific term simply meaning "article/item group".

The German flyer looked familiar to me. Do you need a scan? The only issue is that I punched holes in it to store it in a binder.

flyer_german.jpg

Edited by mizapf
  • Like 3

Thanks Michael, I would like to understand who created and distributed this type of document in the 80s. 
The code next to the name ArtikelGruppe seems to indicate something like an organized catalogued documents, perhaps not only for the TI99 but also for other systems?! i suppose.
I don't think it is an official document by TI, but neither is it an improvised document though. Could be nice to know more details if someone knows :)

As the Lernen document you pictured, I already scanned at 600dpi (as also the German TI BASIC user guide manual), just need to find time for editing and clean it. This time you can save your time ? but i appreciate, thanks ;)

Edited by ti99iuc
  • Like 1

Here are clean hi-res (480dpi) scans in TIF format for you to read, print, OCR or pdf for:
 TI ARTIST PLUS!  (Disk program from Inscebot)
There are other scans on the 'net, but the tiny print in blue ink on textured grey paper resulted in something not very pretty despite many hours work by sparkdummer three years ago...

The manual has pages numbered up to 38 - but actually has 64 pages.  The program had not been finished when the manual was printed so Disk 1 has a readme file to take in - for convenience I have added this text just after the graphic page (not numbered) that starts the Print Section.  This is the clearest form.  I also copied it into the inside front cover but reducing it slightly lost detail. I have additionally added text to the most affected manual pages in case you refer straight to them.

Nice big zip file plus the three .dsk files (v9t9 format, works with my MESS etc).

Next up- as Halloween approaches will be something for All Hallows, then I'm back to the graphics programs where the program moved faster than the manual- first with The Printers Apprentice, large chunks of the program were rewitten after the manual was printed. I will change the manual to include the Supplement.  Sadly TPA was supplied on a disk that would not copy with the Disk Manager Module- you had to use a program that would copy a Forth disk.  

And after that (quite some time after...) a graphics program from Dataforce (DAB)- does anyone have a disk with a program on it called DABII-MX80 or BUILDBOOT??? I have docs for both DAB and DAB II (and hand drawn keyboard layout for DAB II) but no disk to hand for DAB II (which was an unfinished beta).

TIAplusthumb.jpg

TIAPLUS1.dsk TIAPLUS2.dsk TIAPLUS3.dsk TIArtistPlus.zip

• Like 6

Thanks for looking Sparkdummer- those disks are DAB (eg 1) - the file on the v2 was called

- in full- DABII-MX80.

DAB II was not really released so it is going to be a hard find.  It was sent to anyone who purchased and then registered their purchase of DAB V1.   Cheers.   s 

Edited by blackbox

Apologies.   The eyes don't see so good (AMD) and the fingers go all over...  sometimes the keyboard isn't depressed enough to register a key (having to stay indoors all the time perhaps.....) -   a disadvantage of advanced vintage.   Ah well, thats the way it goes.....  touch typing will only take you so far.  I can't even get a bus these days...  (ahem).     Have a nice day!   and apologies again, you are held in the greatest respect.  s

• Like 3

Todays offering is a seasonal one, although locally our shops are skipping October and November and going straight to December 25th....

A little zip file containing the clean hi res scanned manual in TIF format for you to read, pdf, print or ocr for...
Ken Gilliland's Disk of Horrors  (Notung Software- really three disks!).

This little package included some text- three tales and a short history of pulp horror magazines, a slideshow, an animation and some music.  And you could reuse the TI Artist font, instances and pictures.

Within the ZIP is:
  The Manual- as originally printed with those lovely MX80 print outs... salmon pink card cover and white paper pages, black ink.
  Three .dsk files
  Three pictures of the disk labels
  And a sheet of several of the pictures in native resolution, which is a bit better than the MX80 images!    I could have redone the manual with all new hi resolution images but kept those to a separate sheet and left the manual in all its glory.

Enjoy.

disk_of_horrors_thumb.jpg

Disk_of_Horrors.zip

• Like 4

Here in clean 480dpi tif images all zipped up for you  - to read, ocr, pdf or print - is THE PRINTERS APPRENTICE Version 2.00.

Another manual for a graphics program.  Half of the scans are from the thick supplement for version 2, so no claims for historic authenticity.   The original manual had no internal graphics, which could have been quite useful...

"Descendant" means "child" with the meaning that PASTE is the child of EDIT (sample only- not in this program.) - try to visualise a drop down menu...

Disk based, by Mike McCann, the disk was FORTH formatted so had to be SSSD and you could not use the usual FILE copy but had to use track or sector copiers. McCann produced the Avanti-99 Forth Card.

The manual pages were an odd size, 180mm wide by 217mm tall- for the scans I have cut off the acres of white border.

printersapprenticethumb.jpg

PrintersApprentice.zip

• Like 5

Towards the end of my first run with the TI, I wanted this program (when I would have used it).  At the time I was using a combination of other programs, which worked, so I never ended up buying it.  Anyway, being a worthy program, I decided to make a PDF of it in case anyone wants to use it.  

From the advertising BITD I remember a blue and white cover with a printing press.  I would have prefered to add that as the cover.  I also took the liberty of replacing the last page with a yellow one to match the front cover when printed.

The Printer's Apprentice.pdf

• Like 2

The blue and white cover with the old-school printing press on it was the manual for Asgard's Press program. The functional version of the program was never completed by Charles Earl. The TPA manual scanned here matches mine.

The Avanti99 never made it into production, as the Forth processor on which it relied was cancelled before Mike could get more than a couple of sample chips. He also produced a couple of other programs: The Geometer's Apprentice and HQ Stacks. He passed the software rights for all of his programs to Dee Turner (TR Software) in the mid-nineties, who kept them available until about 2005 when he sold off his TI and Geneve equipment.

• Like 2

A couple of zip files for you today, each containing clean hi res TIF images of documentation for disk based graphics programs from Dataforce.

First is DRAW-A-BIT and I have added a DSK file below for you together with a PRINT-A-BIT DSK file- both are covered in the documentation.

Second is the documentation for an unreleased DRAW A BIT II, the software may be extinct and the documentation is probably Extremely Rare.  I also have a hand drawn key board map for it which I have scanned.  I have no idea who drew the sketch, it wasn't me. Alas I can't supply a disk file for this one.

enjoy= s

DRAWABIT.dsk Drawabit_V1.zip PRNTABIT.dsk Draw_a_bit_v2.zip

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Time to update the lists.  

Here are two lists of what documentation you can find online.

First there is a PDF which combines the manuals offered on several web sites, including this one- including a few duplicates with differing versions, there are some 543 items listed here.    
Being pointed to atariage is not a great deal of help as the forum search is not great- you could use the special search box on my website, or here is a text list of all I can find on atariage, including direct links to the actual entry.  Again including some duplicates, for this list I count 330 entries.

Both of the lists are in alphabetic order.   In most cases I have dropped "The" from titles.

softwaremanualsamalgOct20.pdf omegalist.txt

• Like 2

A zip of 480dpi clean TIF images of the docs for the disk based program from Notung Software:
Disk of the Ancient Ones by Ken Gilliland.
The package was four disks containing: Historical Overview (text), Scenes from the Ages (images), The Labyrinth of Minos game, and a Hieroglyph Translator. For use in your own projects the disks contain a font for TI Artist Plus!, a border for TI Artist plus!, some slides (_S files) for TI Artist Plus! and several instances and pictures. The translator requires a joystick and a printer.

The ZIP file contains:
20 tif images of the manual at 480dpi
A scan of a disk label
Disk directories
A sheet of native resolution images- the manual images were produced on an MX80 printer.

The manual was originally created using TPA MDOS on a Geneve 9640.

ancientonesthumb.jpg

ancientones.zip

• Like 3

4 hours ago, blackbox said:

A zip of 480dpi clean TIF images of the docs for the disk based program from Notung Software:
Disk of the Ancient Ones by Ken Gilliland.
The package was four disks containing: Historical Overview (text), Scenes from the Ages (images), The Labyrinth of Minos game, and a Hieroglyph Translator. For use in your own projects the disks contain a font for TI Artist Plus!, a border for TI Artist plus!, some slides (_S files) for TI Artist Plus! and several instances and pictures. The translator requires a joystick and a printer.

The ZIP file contains:
20 tif images of the manual at 480dpi
A scan of a disk label
Disk directories
A sheet of native resolution images- the manual images were produced on an MX80 printer.

The manual was originally created using TPA MDOS on a Geneve 9640.

ancientonesthumb.jpg

ancientones.zip 9.64 MB · 4 downloads

Emperor Ken's artwork is always interesting and fresh. . .many thanks for preserving the manual.