IGNORED

TI-99 - DOCs, Manuals, eBooks, Lost & Found

Schmitzi

5 hours ago, Flottmann1 said:

bekomme beim initialisieren Fehler !

I/O Error  07 in 9060  (Classic99)

ID-KONTO.dsk 180 kB · 4 downloads

yep, Oliver made some changes to use it on harddisk (SCS6)

Before changing that back with much work, maybe we can have another looki for the original disk.

See page 1 here:

ID-KONTO-PrintFile.pdf

• Like 1

On 12/9/2019 at 5:51 PM, FarmerPotato said:

This is a set of TI internal documents for the 99/4 Video Tape Recorder Controller. The engineer was Bill Goodwill.

It includes the schematic, drawings, and supporting design, test, and manufacturing documents. Also included are the common Design to Production Product Phaseover guidelines.

The VCR Controller was to share the RS232 sidecar case and power supply. The drawings show its own back panel and cable assemblies. According to the Peripheral/Product Spec, the flex cable to the VCR emerges from the side port, so the VTR must be the last peripheral in a chain. I wonder if this was the origin for the P-Box flex cable?

I found the documents in a single binder, in this order:

VCR Schematic_1
VCR Schematic_2
VCR Schematic_3
VCR Operating, Product and Peripheral Specs
VCR Owners Manual
VCR Two BASIC Programs
VCR Test Spec
Design to Production Product Phaseover
VCR Flex Cable Diagram
VCR Back Panel
VCR Parts List
VCR Pert Chart
VCR Cable Assembly
VCR Relay Requirements

Some BASIC programs are included. One parts list names a 4732 ROM (4K) that could have provided the DSR and BASIC support routines. Another parts list omits it. The Specs and Owners Manual describes a Command Module needed for programming. The Specs mention a DSR and refer to a MISSING VTR Peripheral Software Specification. An empty divider tab was labeled ROM/GROM LIST.

The Test Specs describe a ROM at CRU >1C00.

BASIC statements in the Owner's Manual include:

CALL @VINIT
CALL @VADDR
CALL @VSEND
CALL @VREW
CALL @VSTOP
CALL @VFWD
CALL @VRLON
CALL @VRLOFF

The Test Specs show a lower level interface:

CALL @CRON
CALL @CROFF
CALL @TEST

I don't see how these would be CRU operations, because the addresses don't make sense. >3241 is passed.

Enjoy this find. kl99, please store it in WHTECH or the Cyc where it can be preserved. Let me know if there are any problems with the scans (I scanned the drawings and schematics at higher resolution). 

Design to Production Product Phaseover.PDF 211.03 kB · 29 downloads VCR Back Panel.pdf 1.67 MB · 28 downloads VCR Cable Assembly.PDF 3.73 MB · 27 downloads VCR Flex Cable Diagram.pdf 415.1 kB · 25 downloads VCR Operating, Product and Peripheral Specs.PDF 808.99 kB · 28 downloads VCR Owners Manual.PDF 452.91 kB · 24 downloads VCR Parts List.PDF 2.32 MB · 26 downloads VCR Pert Chart.PDF 155 kB · 26 downloads VCR Relay Requirements.PDF 132.08 kB · 26 downloads VCR Schematic_1.PDF 2.25 MB · 25 downloads VCR Schematic_2.PDF 2.04 MB · 25 downloads VCR Schematic_3.PDF 2.04 MB · 24 downloads VCR Test Spec.PDF 575.63 kB · 27 downloads VCR Two BASIC Programs.pdf 3.22 MB · 27 downloads

Hi,

as the Panasonic NV-8200 VHS Video Recorder was mentioned in the "VCR Owners Manual" here above,

and as I saw this manual while lurking a long time around for it, and finally bought it, I scanned it    ?️‍♀️

Panasonic-National--NV-8200-VHS-Video-Cassette-Recorder--Operating-Instructions-S1180M0-500--OCR.pdf

btw, as it wasn´t available, this also was my very first upload to archive.org now.

I hope, they don´t come and arrest me  ? ?

:grin:

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

I tested with these 3 floppy Disks on a real TI-99 with PEB etc. and created a DATA and an ACCOUNT (KONTO) Disc

for example with Classic99:

insert the ID-DATA Disc into LW-1, the DATA Disc in LW-2 and the Konto Disc in LW-3

run XB

now professional Business People like "Schmitzi"  should be able to work from Home with it (Homeoffice !)  :)

ID-DATA.DSK DATA.dsk KONTO.dsk

Edited by Flottmann1
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

I'm looking for several things.

The Myarc Advanced Basic PDF on ftp.whtech.com under the Geneve folder appears to be corrupted.  Can someone please confirm?  I've tried loading on 3 different computers without success and hopefully someone has a good scan some place.  I've got an original unscanned, but looking for a good scanned version.

Second, I am looking for the software manuals for McCann's software The Printer's Apprentice and The Geometer's Apprentice, both for MDOS.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks.

Thanks for the files everyone.

Not sure if the file on ftp.whtech.com is actually a zip labeled as a PDF, or really a PDF that is corrupted causing the browser to give a bad file description.

I came across my TGA and TPA disks and was trying to figure out some things that weren't obvious.

Beery

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, BeeryMiller said:

Thanks for the files everyone.

Not sure if the file on ftp.whtech.com is actually a zip labeled as a PDF, or really a PDF that is corrupted causing the browser to give a bad file description.

I came across my TGA and TPA disks and was trying to figure out some things that weren't obvious.

Beery

I made it ZIP a minute before just to get it under 50 MB here on AA.

(I dont know how much is allowed)

I'm looking for several things.

The Myarc Advanced Basic PDF on ftp.whtech.com under the Geneve folder appears to be corrupted.  Can someone please confirm?  I've tried loading on 3 different computers without success and hopefully someone has a good scan some place.  I've got an original unscanned, but looking for a good scanned version.

Second, I am looking for the software manuals for McCann's software The Printer's Apprentice and The Geometer's Apprentice, both for MDOS.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks.
Opens fine here.. win 10 Adobe reader dc

Sent from my LM-V600 using Tapatalk

TIF images to read, print, ocr or pdf....

A zip file containing hi res images scanned from the manual for:
INVOICE MANAGEMENT  PHD5027.  1980.

NOTE: The 1982 program package for Britain and Germany contained differing programs requiring a different manual. THIS manual is for the 1980 USA disk. (1980 version = Y or N for Sales Tax; 1982 version = 5 rates of VAT) .The instructions are not compatible. The GB 1982 issue has turquoise disk labels and the 1982 GB disk omits the program WRITE.

Requires either Personal Record Keeping OR Statistics modules. The disk programs are written in TI Enhanced Basic (eg with one of those modules plugged in) by Janet Srimushnam. Data can be converted to and from PRK/Stats format   "The Invoice package is designed to work with the Inventory Management package"..  Thermal printer or RS232 printer optional. 

All the programs use CALL A and CALL D, and the CONVERT programs of course use the  CALL G, CALL H, CALL S subprograms.

Listing these programs is a great way to learn what to do to marry TI Basic programs and the Stats/PRK modules for data management.  The user is encouraged to personalise the Basic program called "PRINT".

Inoice Management allows the user to select the proportion of stock and customer records- for example 10 stock items + 558 customer records.  Or 800 stock items with 400 customer files - you enter the number of stock items and the computer tells you how many customers records you may have.
 There was a European manual for DE/GB in 1982 (PHD5027/GE) and a separate DE disk (Rechnungsstellung) in German.  The G/E 1982 disk used different disk files to the 1980 disk, requiring differing instructions. THIS manual is for the USA disk of 1980 (Basic programs dated March 1982).

If your disk has the Basic program "WRITE" it is the one this manual refers to.

Programs on the disk: CONVERT1; CONVERT2;  INIT; PRINT; WRITE; DELETE;  UPDATE and data file CUSTOMER used by CONVERT1 ;
Files created on disk for the program to use: COND is methods and terms of payment; CUST is cutomer data; STOCK is stock items.

Programs CONVERT1 and CONVERT2 require the use of CALL P(8000).

There is a separate document available on the extra PRK/Stats BASIC calls (see "http://ftp.whtech.com/datasheets and manuals/Official TI addenda and data sheets/BASIC CALLs in PRK & Statistics modules.pdf").

The number of sales of this diskette may be indicated by Dutch and UK user groups "discovering" the extra calls four years later and spending a lot of time investigating them when a look at the programs on this disk would have revealed if not all, then at least a great deal.

Here is also a  DSK file to download.

Coming next- Millers Graphics DisKAssembler Version 1- yes it is already on Atariage as part of a PDF package containing also V2, but the V1 part is a PDF scanned at two pages per PDF  page which is not to my preference- and I also de-skew the worst skewed pages as well as using a high dpi and some cleanup....  after that I have some quite obscure Scholastic educational manuals.  Diskassembler is a DISASSEMBLER not a disk based assembler...

invoicemgtthumb.jpg

InvoiceMgt.dsk InvoiceMgt.zip

• Like 6

• 2 weeks later...

A zip containing clean high res TIF images  of the manual for
Millers Graphics DISkASSEMBLER
which is NOT an assembler, it is a two-pass DISassembler....

You can OCR, PDF, read or print as you wish.  The zip includes the important Addendum amending the instructions re RORG and a correction to the initial MiniMemory load location.
Also included is the required function strip.

Next up will be some educational modules from Scholastic.  

Does anyone have manuals that are not yet on atariage but they lack the time or inclination to scan them? I'm running out here so if anyone would like to send some on loan please message me.   Note that I am in England when considering postage costs- sending a 500 page A4 binder from the USA wouldn't be great- unless I can keep it and not send it back!! Otherwise  I will pay the cost of returning manuals to you.  I am not the fastest scanner so do message me first so we can agree what is to be sent and when!  Would you like to see scans of TI programs or articles from UK commercial magazines?

diskassembMGthumb.jpg

Disakassembler_MillersV1.zip

• Like 4

Scans of the TI materials from the various UK magazines would definitely be a good thing, as a lot of that material isn't available online.

I only have a small number of UK magazine issues. Most of my European magazine collection consists of items from Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Holland, Belgium, France, and Italy.

• Like 1

@Ksarul I am scanning lot of them, someone is already published on the ti99iuc DB others I need to clean and publish, just need lot of time after scans-
Anyway I decided to scan only the TI99 releated pages and including the Front/Back cover and index of the magazine at least.
for the moment I am covering these: 
https://www.ti99iuc.it/web/index.php?testo=&pageid=database_cerca&db_categoria=documents&db_tipologia=magazines&db_costruttore=*&db_linguaggio=*&db_lingua=*&db_anno=*&db_sviluppatore=*&db_editore=*&db_sistema=*&db_formato=*&db_submit=Esegui+ricerca...

But also working on all Home Computer Weekly with the help of David J. Smith, almost completed all issues only missing about 10.

Edited by ti99iuc
  • Like 2