IGNORED

TI-99 - DOCs, Manuals, eBooks, Lost & Found

Schmitzi

A UK magazine for you to read, ocr, print, PDF and add to the whtech archive... due to its size posted in two parts - here is part two:    PARCO MAGAZINE  V1 N4    (part two)

The listings for the programs:  "Statistical Graphics" (continued from part one) by Sam Nash (TIB); "Telephone Timer" by Clive Tucker (XB); Sonar by Alan Jones (XB+JS); "Treasures of Xerox" by Christopher Rock (TIB). 
An article on the use of a TI99/4a in UK Maritime Rescue; an introduction to assembly- an assembly CALL CLEAR; reviews of Tunnels of Doom module; Oldies but Goodies Games 1 cassette;  Basic: Using DEF; Book Review: Programming Basic with the TI Home Computer.

PARCO_V1_N4_1985_PT2.zip

• Like 5

Two zip files today each containing clean hi res scan tif images of TI99/4a user group magazines for you to read, print, OCR or PDF.  They are not in the wht archive so if someone would like to add them there....  
==========
MSP99 NEWSLETTER v10 n5 JUNE 1987:
There was an earlier V10 N5 (to follow!)  dated May 1987.  This is the second V10 n5 with all new content dated June 1987.
Contents- a note about older (!) consoles supplying over voltage on the +5V line causing problems with the ExBas module (preferred voltage 5.1, found 5.4) ; Using speech with the TE2 module (Craig Dunn); Speech in TI Basic using MiniMemory or XB+32k (Stephen Shaw after Neil Lawson); CALL SAY and CALL SPGET (ExtBas) (anon); TI Writer Formatter for 255 char wide lines (Tom Fairbairn); fixing DM1000 v3.5 to use DD disks with CorComp disk controllers; faster DATA by adding a final dummy data; 
======
TI-LINES (UK) v1 n10 Jan 1985:

Book review of Ira McComics book on assembly language; TI Writer "Control U" codes; even deeper delving into CALL H of PRK Enhanced Basic.

enjoy- bb

msp99_v10_n5(2)_June87.zip ti-lines(uk)_V1_n10_Jan85.zip

• Like 5

Two zip files today each containing clean hi res scan tif images of TI99/4a user group magazines for you to read, print, OCR or PDF.  They are not in the wht archive so if someone would like to add them there....  
 ==========
MSP99 NEWSLETTER v10 n5 May 1987:

There was a later  v10 n5 (see above) dated June 1987.  Here we have the first  v10 n5 with quite different content to June. .  NB the inside front cover uses the smallest font I have seen so make sure you maintain at least 600 dpi for a PDF or when printing. The scan here IS legible.
 Contents-    Coding to use a console modified with a load interrupt switch; a new Easter Calculation program which works (unlike the one published in April); More on using TI Writer formatter;  a note on Extended Basic Pre-scan (!@P-); short format docs on using the program MAX-RLE. 
 ======

TI-LINES (UK) v1 n11 Feb 1985:

An assembly program for mini-memory by Gary Harding to place a clock on screen- more of a LBLA demo as the TI interrupts prevent an accurate clock! (assumes European console); 
Even more info on the Enhanced (PRK) Basic CALL H command. Setting aside memory with CALL P and then setting up a form with CALL H - then using CALL S to save the form, which can then be loaded with the PRK module itself...; (To use TI Basic to insert Data you will have to wait for CALL G coverage or use the PRK data input...)

enjoy- bb

msp99 v10_n5_May87.zip ti-lines(uk)_V1_n11_Feb85.zip

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

One magazine as a zip of clean hi res TIF images- read, print, ocr or pdf as you wish:
Central Ohio Ninety-Niners (CONNI)

Spirit of 99 v5 n7 July 1987.
A4 size, white paper, two staples.

TI Disk Format (the actual bytes on the floppy, the Volume Information Block and the File Descriptor Records)- summary.; 
Tips from the Tigercub 41; Changelog for DM1000 v3.5; listing "Oracle" by Jim Swedlow;
Word Hunt creation program by Jack Sughrue (tiny print, scanned at very high res, please print at hi-res!);
TI key codes; the hidden commands of PRK (Enhanced Basic)-summary two and a half pages;  a tiny review of "Useable Disk Cataloger" v2.3 by Harry Brashear;  
listings omitted from previous newsletters (Jim Swedlow XB06 from May87 and XB05 from April 87): Loadmaker v1.1 and Disk Menu v 1.2.; reprint of 1st anniversary editorial from 1983.

enjoy   bb

conni_spirit of 99_v5_n7_Jul87.zip

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

TI-LINES (UK) v1 n12 Mar 1985: from Peter Brooks in Oxford, UK.  
A rather thin magazine and thin content this time, but it keeps the run complete.  Not a good quality print as the photocopier Peter used had been "maintained" just before (badly). 20 pages of the thoughts of Peter (mostly TI related!), which explains some of the problems that he faced. A gentle reminder that Peter repeated rumours of rumours as factual  - some of what he wrote in terms of news is not to be taken too seriously. The technical side is usually most informative.

Central Ohio Ninety-Niners (CONNI)  Spirit of 99 v5 n9 Sep 1987.

20 A4 pages, contents include: Short review of Centipede module; For Gram Kracker owners, a 5 page article on editing TI Basic to add CALL XB and Extended Basic to add CALL BC.
Tips from the Tigercub 42 by Jim Peterson; a handy 5 page "get started here" guide to TI Writer by Dick Altman;

enjoy -bb

conni_spirit of 99_v5_n9_Sep87.zip tilines_uk_v1_n12_March85.zip

• Like 4

Just one larger UK TI magazine today- I expect to post a larger magazine at each weekend now.
Here for you to read, pdf, ocr or print is a zip file of hi res TIF images.
Today we have:
PARCO 99/4A magazine V1 N5 1985 (there was no cover date).
A4 size, white paper, two staples.
Published by a retailer based in Honiton, Devon.
Contents: Using SOUND by Paul Templar- using DATA statements; 
encoded help with the adventure Return to Pirates Island from Ian Goodall; 
listings for: Basicball by R A Batts-two player game; Mission to Myclon by Sam Nash; TI Word by Richard Owen (yes a word processor in XB). The two games do not seem to be in the TI Gamebase...
Two small graphics demo programs by Graham Farncombe and Stephen Meadows; a Mini-Memory assembly sort routine by M J Lucken with Basic program to use it;  reviews of two graphics programs, GRAPHX (MiniMem or EdAs or ExBas all plus 32k)  and A-R-T-I-S-T (NB NOT TI-Artist) which just needs the Mini-Mem.
Two type in graphic programs- Monkey Graphics by M Rout and Painting by J M Aminian.
Reviews of Dig Dug module, Congo Bongo module, disk labels Data Wipers, and the book "Getting Started" by Stephen Shaw.
Phew. That's a lot of content.

parco magazine_v1_n5_1985.zip

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Here's an item most of you probably didn't know existed, a TI-99/4 sales brochure for the Japanese market. It seems that everyone will recognize the monitor, since it matches the later ones sold in the US, but it was also the original 99/4 monitor in Japan (with all of the controls' text in Japanese). I know these monitors exist, as I actually have one in my collection. So far as I have been able to determine, it was also the only component specific to the Japanese market.

I do know that @ti99iucwas looking for this brochure recently, and as I saw it when I was looking for a different manual earlier today, I figured I should scan it in while I was thinking about it. :)

Japanese-99_4-Brochure.pdf

• Like 5

5 hours ago, Ksarul said:

[...] I do know that @ti99iuc was looking for this brochure recently, and as I saw it when I was looking for a different manual earlier today, I figured I should scan it in while I was thinking about it. :)

Thanks Jim! 
Absolutely yes! I was looking at least a Scan of it, many thanks :)

I seen that this pdf is really a much compressed, maybe have you the single pages files maybe with a minor compression?
Also in the PDF the last page (4 - 5 in the picture below) is cropped compared to the others (it has a different measures)

image.png.fe394e746c0eb959de63f16ba7c52646.png 

I understand that the brochure has 8 folding sides (that ones cropped, we can obtain 8 single pages), can you help me to understand how the pages appears in the order, please?
I just tried to guess the page number order but if you can confirm or correct please ? 
It is a bit hard for me to understand this without have the brochure in my hands.

I would like to create a dedicated page like this:
https://www.ti99iuc.it/web/index.php?pageid=database_cerca&archivioid=324#.YT3O7J0zaUk

thanks for your time and help :)

Edited by ti99iuc
  • Like 1

The first two pages are the four outside panels of the brochure and the last two pages are the four inside panels. Each group of four panels is on one side of the paper when completely unfolded. The scans you have here are the original output, as the scanning software for my printer sucks somewhat. I had it set to sense the page content to ensure I got the right size output, as the panel size is a bit nonstandard--and the last two inside panels had a bunch of white space at the bottom that it cropped. No content is missing.

I did finally find a setting that lets me increase the resolution a bit (from 200 dpi to 300 dpi), so I'll test that later today.

• Like 2

Thanks for the additional infos on the brochure. At least now I know how to rebuild the cropped page as it was in origin. 

You should power off all the auto/self settings so to have always the entire page also if it is present some empty space. At least the original layout of the page will not lost. 

As the resolution 300dpi could be also better yes. The remaining problem could be anyway the high compression saving the pdf. 

Probably saving single pages in TIF and not the pdf could help to have better quality if you can. 

Thanks Jim ?

• Like 1

One magazine as a zip of clean hi res TIF images- read, print, ocr or pdf as you wish:
from Peter Brooks, Oxford TI-LINES v1 n13 April 1985.

A5 white paper, two staples, 60 pages.  There were a number of errors which for convenience I have noted on the relevant pages.   Contents included:

A note that the TI printer port was for the Epson sub-set of Centronics and some printers needed an amendment: Centronics supplied a small circuit fix in this issue using a Fairchild 9602;  
from Ottawa a five page spread on the data held on a TI disk in Sector 0;
from Saskatoon info on the disk File Descriptor Block and the Index in Disk Sector 1 (3 pages);
Yet more (7 pages + 2 more pages later) on Enhanced Basic- when the Stats or PRK modules are inserted- this time the CALL G command with a little bit of CALL L and  CALL H
From Viv Comley, the 99/4A PAL Video output with circuit diagrams , what comes out, and how to use analog RGB with a Microvitec monitor (7 pages);
Listing- Doodle by Richard Owen';  Two page advert from Arcade Hardware; List of "useful" CALL LOADs and PEEKs.
From Rocky Mountain- how to take a particular style of PEB apart;
From Allen Burt more tips on using TI writer (3 pages); 
From Saskatoon how programs are stored in the computer (6 pages)

That should be enough.  Next week on to v1 n14 (yes 14 months in the year as the first two issues were free).  I have to do a lot of retyping as the print  quality is rather poor.
Enjoy.

bb

ti-lines(uk)_v1_n13_Apr85.zip

• Like 6

On 9/12/2021 at 4:55 PM, Ksarul said:

My only options were PDF and JPG with this software. Here is a set as 300 dpi JPG files, in the order they appear on each side of the brochure page note that they are folded to keep pages 2 and 3 as the outside, visible pages after folding.

Japanese TI-99_4 Brochure.zip 2.66 MB · 13 downloads

And here's a cropped/scaled PDF, in the page order given, for those who prefer that:

Japanese-Brochure.pdf

• Like 5

from Peter Brooks, Oxford TI-LINES v1 n14 May 1985.

A5 white paper, two staples, 44 pages. 
Contents included:
Quite a few corrections to n13, which I included in the scan of n13 above.
Changing Editor Assembler EDIT1 default colours ;
from D G Hewitt a four page article on using the joystick port as an interface for 8 bit data input with suggested latch circuit;
A one page brief summary of TI disk sectors 0 to 33 contents;
Enhanced Basic (TI Basic when PRK is inserted)- details of CALL L and CALL S;
From 9t9 user group- fitting a LOAD interrupt switch;
A generic article on disks and disk drives;
Correction to TI Forth disk screens 58 and 59 if they are headed with a 1982 date;
How to clean a console keyboard (NB does not apply to all the various keyboards that TI fitted);
More information on TI Writer FindString and ReplaceString and PrintFile

A bit late this week, I am struggling with some of the harder magazines now- next is TI Home Tidings v2n2 which has so little ink on some pages I have to retype...

ti-lines(uk)_v1_n14_May85.zip

• Like 6

TIHOME TIdings V2 N2 April 1982 

A4 white paper, printed on both sides, single staple at top left. 47 pages.

This one has caused me severe problems as many pages had variable ink cover and some were very short of ink, there was almost nothing to scan....  in the end I decided to choose to make the CONTENT available, then if someone wanted a uniform well presented magazine they had the material to work with....  I could not ignore the issue as it is an early fairly historic magazine as part of a long run.

Contents include:
Group membership (covering all the UK!) now 180.
Turning floppies into flippies (note: do not do this, it reduces the disk life greatly as many groups and users have now discovered...)
Long article from Peter Brooks- this was the one with little ink, leading in some cases to a choice of a cleaned scan or a retype of the page, and in some cases, only a retype...
-split keyboard down key not true 0; implementing a Basic INOR , EXOR, AND;
Plotting with 96 x 128 resolution; an initial theoretical description of a 3d printer; book review "Everything you want to know about personal computers";
High resolution plotting routines- including the first from Stephen Shaw  "Freeform Art" and "Etch a Sketch", and Triangles;
Initial supplies of ExBas v110 starting to arrive; 
Rambles by Stephen Shaw- creating sounds below 110Hz; 99/4 found in major "dealer"- and in a museum; Review of issue 4 of 99er Magazine; using a program line "IF YES THEN..." and "IF NOT J THEN...";  BOOTS not stocking TI99/4A (TI announced they were); 
Correction to Computer and Video Games magazine listing  of Speed Race (in Gamebase)- written for the 4 it required amendment for the 4A- for convenience scan of C&VG  is in the zip together with an amended full listing;
Review of tape software from "Workforce" in Luton (any copies still survive??); Cost of buying programs from the USA vs TI's UK prices; Review of Programming Aids 3;  More early thoughts on the Personal Record Keeping module effects on TI Basic; Review of Play by Mail game Starlord; Simple Hex to Decimal conversion program (3 liner); 
How Basic programs are stored in the computer- tokens, memory locations. What happens when you edit one line. Variables in memory.

Plenty here I didn't want to omit.   The next issue of TIdings was much better printed but next up will be more from the Parco Magazine.

tihome tidings v2 n2 Apr82.zip

• Like 4