Schmitzi

TI-99 - DOCs, Manuals, eBooks, Lost & Found

A zip of clean 480dpi  TIF images for you to OCR, PDF, read or print for the documentation for:
PICASSO UTILITIES (Disk) (Dist: Asgard) (Program: Arto Heino) (Manual: Harry Brashear)

I have not been able to locate any disk image of this program- can anyone assist?

It would be useful to include in the documentation some screen grabs of the program in action, scans of some printout, and the mysterious "illustration provided with this manual" of which I know nothing...
I have looked for the disk and instead found the programmer, Arto Heino, still in Sydney, an artist and musician, with no TI99/4A materials left.

What is it???  This disk contained stand alone programs to use with Picasso graphics.
You could use CSGD fonts (/CH) to create big fonts  to add a title into your Picasso graphic - the title could also include one or two CSGD graphics (/GR). You could also export fonts for use in Extended Basic programs, and import fonts from Extended Basic programs.   There is also a high quality page printer which corrects the general lack of blackness when printing with Picasso itself.

To come next- another thick European DLM manual.

Mike- here are the prices that I paid - in UK pounds- in June 1981.  Allowing for inflation you could buy a VERY powerful gaming computer today for this sort of money...  Console 300, Disk Controller 200, Disk drive 400, Memory expansion 300,- carriage charge was under four pounds.   I can't recall how many DM to the pound there as in 1981.

Picasso_Utilities.zip

• Like 1

I just looked up the exchange rate of 1983: 1 GBP ~ 4 DM. I remember that the first console we got was around DM 1100,- in mid 1982.

On 7/20/2020 at 3:55 PM, mizapf said:

I just looked up the exchange rate of 1983: 1 GBP ~ 4 DM. I remember that the first console we got was around DM 1100,- in mid 1982.

that be about $260 dollars in that time. they were going for $150-$175 in 1983 in the US? they eventually dropped to $100 with a free speech. my parents got me my 1st TI99 about that time for ~ $100 from the TI store in Dallas (it was refurbished). It had a free speech & Joysticks thrown in (they could've keep those damn painsticks :)  ). 

Continuing my quest to document programs with no or poor documentation, request for HELP please.

Way back when I received a disk containing a graphics program with file names and text content in French.

The disk was labelled just jbm103, and contained a load program, an assembly program called SCR0 and several XB demo programs.

Example:

5 CALL LOAD(-31890,56,0) :: CALL LOAD(-31964,56,0)
10 NO=4 :: RAYON=80 :: INCL=45 :: SI=SIN(INCL/360*6.2832) :: CI=COS(INCL/360*6.2832) :: HAUTEUR=25 :: CALL LINK("CLEAR")
15 CALL LINK("SCR2")
18 XX=128+RAYON :: YY=96+RAYON*SI
20 FOR T=0 TO 6.3 STEP 6/RAYON :: X=128+RAYON*(COS(T)-CI*SIN(T)) :: Y=96-HAUTEUR*SIN(NO*T)+RAYON*SI*COS(T)
25 CALL LINK("LIGNE",16,YY,XX,Y,X) :: YY=Y :: XX=X :: NEXT T
30 CALL KEY(0,K,S) :: IF S=0 THEN 30 ELSE CALL LINK("SCR1")

If anyone recognises this form of code, the disk name, the code usage- probably from France! Please tell me!

Who wrote this?

Is there any documentation in any language available?  I have the disk and can distribute it but it would be nice to have some authoritative instructions in addition to the sample XB programs.  It would be lovely to know who wrote it... 

Thanks.      s.

Here are clean hi-res (480dpi) scans in TIF format for you to read, print, OCR or pdf for:
 PHM3116 DEMOLITION DIVISION
 in two zip files- quite a large manual at 72 pages.
 (c) 1982 Texas Instruments,  Manual back cover (c) 1983..

Joysticks optional.

The second zip includes the green module label.

This the EU five language version, Eng, DE, I, NL, and F.  The front cover and every other page has two words of French. The inside front cover has two paragraphs of Swedish- anyone from Sweden looking for "Las detta forst" is out of luck.

Division with answers from 0 to 9. For US school grades 3 to 11, approx age 8 to 17.  I don't think any 17 years olds are going to struggle with quickly sorting out 28 divided by 4.  At the upper age ranges this is a very  simple speed game.

---jbm103 mystery solved, the source code is in a French magazine called 99 Magazine.  jbm=Jean-Bernard Morelle. Source code by Alexandre Mortilla, possibly using code by Jean Marin.

---Next up- SUPERBUG II by Edgar Dohlman.  I have manuals for V1 and V2, but I guess V2 is the one folks will want. The disk is fairly easy to find but I can post that if required.

demolitiondivthumb.jpg

DemolitionDivisionPt1.zip DemolitionDivisionPt2.zip

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Kool!:cool:

BTW, is that a tri-color, Quantum Tunneling Beam?:o
They don't even use those on Star Trek!:ponder:

Looks like it can do a lot of damage.8)
I hate it when that happens.:grin:

• Haha 2

Time for updated sorted lists of the documentation that is available for TI99/4a software and hardware - and where to find it.  It if isn't on the list and you have the documentation- consider scanning (or lending the document to a scanner!).

The low res or hard to read scans have been omitted to encourage better scans!

As always if you know of documents I have failed to list or even better, good sources, do let me know.

First is a text document which lists the documents here on atariage, together with the URL where you can find the document.  These are documents mostly in pdf format or  in  zipped tif format.

The other document is a searchable sorted pdf which lists the documents I have found all over the net, in fully sorted order, with an indication of where to find them- but not usually the full URL. 

Enjoy.  s

omegalist.txt softwaremanualsamalgJuly20.pdf

• Like 1

19 hours ago, blackbox said:

Here are clean hi-res (480dpi) scans in TIF format for you to read, print, OCR or pdf for:
 PHM3116 DEMOLITION DIVISION

This edutainment cartridge could have well triggered our "Federal Review Board for Media Harmful to Minors" (BPjM) to put it on their index because "the game rewards violence and does not offer alternative actions for resolving the situation". :-D

A heads-up for a post on another thread which you may have missed-  if you hop along and visit:

https://atariage.com/forums/topic/309792-got-these-games-for-download/?do=findComment&comment=4601483

you will find hloberg has posted a zip file  containing some fine pdf scans of the following:
3D Bowling
Bomb Squad (ASD&D)
Fun House (ASD&D)
Interceptor (Republic)
Khe Sanh (Not Polyoptics)
Kong (Extended SW)
Laser Shield (ASD&D)
Meteor Shower (ASD&D)
Panzer Strike
Par Fore
Quest for the Key
Ring Destroyer
Stone Age (ASD&D)
TI Asteroids (FFF)
TI Avalon Hill Galaxy
Up Periscope (Pewterware)
Volcano Fortress (Asgard)

ALSO tiu99iuc has a super NEW game called FRUITEE to be found at:
http://www.ti99iuc.it/web/index.php?pageid=database_cerca&archivioid=332
The relevance of this post is that the documentation is inside the zip at the bottom of the ti99iuc linked page.  This excellent new game runs nicely in Extended Basic. There is also a 32k bin file- it does not play nicely with my ancient MESS and I haven't tried it yet with fg99 for which it will require the 32k ram. Beautiful game from David J Smith (many thanks!).

• Like 2

In the sombre days of 1983/4 Texas Instruments released to users and placed in the public domain a program they called Superbug, a debugging tool.  Somewhat buggy (oh dear) and plenty of room for polishing and extending.

Edgar Dohlman produced Superbug II, with errors corrected and extra facilities.  It was well received and work progressed to produce SUPERBUG II VERSION 2 with more corrections and more facilities.

This debugger requires a disk system and 32k ram and could be loaded with Mini Memory, Extended Basic, Editor Assembler, compatible with SuperSpace and a version to load into >6000. Can use the interrupt switch of the widget or otherwise fitted to a console.

It can (the docs say!) load an EA3 file and then SAVE an EA5 file. The disk file is fairly well distributed and findable.

Now here is the MANUAL for version 2, due to the tiny print I have scanned this one at 600 dpi and it is in a zip of TIF files for you to read, pdf, ocr or print.

SuperbugII_V2_thumb.jpg

SuperBug_II_V2.zip

• Like 6