Schmitzi

TI-99 - DOCs, Manuals, eBooks, Lost & Found

Here is a large zip file with the documentation for
SCHOLASTIC SPELLING LEVEL SIX     PHM3062.
REQUIRES SPEECH SYNTHESISER.
Aimed at US Grades 5 to 8, UK grades 6-9, rest of world ages 10 to 14.

Read, print, OCR (difficult!) or PDF as you wish.

The zip contains hi res (400dpi) clean scans of the 48 page A4 manual, the folder insert, and the new style green cartridge label.  The manual is on high acid newsprint and mine is quite yellowed needing much cleanup. The print is to the exact edge of the paper which may cause difficulty if you wish to print on a printer that doesn't allow that.

An odd piece of software not at all useful in the UK, with unexplained phonetic characters, an ancient "joined up writing" script my parents may have been taught (not me or my son)- the q and g are written identically. 
Some odd words.  The vocabulary is described as "high usage".  US spellings include catalog, neighborhood, realize, recognize, liter, no space in applesauce.   When did I last use the word raincoat? flashlight? beverage?  Gasoline is a US word. 
Nonetheless- more of these oddly archaic and regional manuals to follow...

spelling6_thumb.jpg

SpellingLevel6.zip

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

Here is a large zip file with the documentation for
SCHOLASTIC SPELLING LEVEL FIVE     PHM3061.
REQUIRES SPEECH SYNTHESISER.
Aimed at US Grades 4 to 7, UK grades 5-8, rest of world ages 9 to 13 - but the Level 5 indicates US Grade 5.

Read, print, OCR (difficult!) or PDF as you wish.

The zip contains hi res (400dpi) clean scans of the 48 page A4 manual (the smaller print answers pages are at 480dpi), the folder insert, and the new style green cartridge label. 

The manual is on high acid newsprint and mine is quite a dark yellow, brittle and powdering... magic tape can only do so much.   Repair work has also been carried out digitally with cut and paste and paint!  Clean up has included removing my sons felt-tip answers...  The print is to the exact edge of the paper which may cause difficulty if you wish to print on a printer that doesn't allow that.

spelling5_thumb.jpg

SpellingLevel5.zip

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1