IGNORED

Altirra Emulator Question - Saving to an ATR File

atari_400

Hi there,

Sorry if this is a newbie question, but I did a quick search and could not find a solution to my problem.

I am sure I am overlooking something simple.

I have a question regarding Altirra and the correct method for saving something back to an ATR file.

For example, I have an ATR image of Synassembler and mounted it to D1:

I can boot the disk in Altirra and can create code in the assembler just as if I were at a real Atari (thanks Altirra !!)

However, what I am having a problem with is saving my work back to the ATR.

If I save I can see the file in the directory after running "DIR". However my files appears to be only "virtually" saved and not saved within the actual ATR file itself.

I have the disk parameter in Altirra set to R/W, but after I save a file that setting changes to VirtRW (probably Virtual Read Write).

If this is possible can anybody please point me in the right direction to write my file back to the ATR itself ?

Thanks in advance.

Edited by atari_400

This can happen if the emulator has trouble writing back to the original .ATR file. As Kyle22 notes, one way this can happen is if the file is marked as read-only. Typically, when this occurs, the drive indicator will also start blinking to indicate that auto-save has failed and that the disk has been remounted virtual read/write to preserve the changes in-memory. You can explicitly re-save the file to the same .ATR or to a different .ATR through the triangle menu on the drive in the Disk Drives dialog.

• Like 1

Yep - file was set to Read Only.

After that I can write to the ATR at will.

Knew it was something simple and I was looking at the wrong end of the problem :-)

In fact I now have the ATR in my dropbox with Altirra installed on my home and work PCs.

Now I can access and work on the file from either machine (but obviously not at the same time).

Thanks !

• Like 1