IGNORED

Possibilities & Ideas.

Retrospect

Hello all.

I write with the idea of a TI99 modified with internal 32K RAM, on the 16-BIT bus instead of the 8.

My question : Is it then possible, to have a stand-alone 32K console with just a cassette recorder, and have the ability to load/save assembly onto cassette ?

This would mean a lot to people who buy a modded console but don't want to fuss with CF7 cards or a PEB. I would think , order a 32K console from someone willing to do it on the 16-bit bus, (marc hull maybe?) ... and then see matthew haggarty about getting hold of an F18A. It would be a piece of cake for someone to convert a lot of disks to WAV and then produce a tape.

Hope this is possible!

Yes, there is this tool from Tonny Brouwer (NL), for Basic. Globeron made a live-demonstration on my system.

This tool works in the way you mentioned, loading the wanted proggy from disk, and "converting"/saving it further onto tape.

Later, you can use the tools 2nd part to "OLD"&Run this "Assembly" from tape. For me, this was amazing.

I have it somewhere around, but I am sure Globeron will answer soon :)

And, I think I read about another tool, doing the same.

I will dig a bit, but I think other guys here will know much more.

Edit:

The other tool, maybe it was "Hyper-Loader Turbo-Tape (CS1)" ?

I don´t know about the author or anything else, and I hope I don´t confuse that with something other :)

Edited by schmitzi
  • Like 1

We have this discussion in another thread on AA and with other programmers to see how to make the 1200baud files (basiccode) into wav format. we can load assembly code via cassette tapes. Yesterday I videoed my old tapes as I had access to it worked without any problem but need to upload it here.

• Like 2

Yes, there is this tool from Tonny Brouwer (NL), for Basic. Globeron made a live-demonstration on my system.

This tool works in the way you mentioned, loading the wanted proggy from disk, and "converting"/saving it further onto tape.

Later, you can use the tools 2nd part to "OLD"&Run this "Assembly" from tape. For me, this was amazing.

I have it somewhere around, but I am sure Globeron will answer soon :)

And, I think I read about another tool, doing the same.

I will dig a bit, but I think other guys here will know much more.

Edit:

The other tool, maybe it was "Hyper-Loader Turbo-Tape (CS1)" ?

I don´t know about the author or anything else, and I hope I don´t confuse that with something other :)

Hi there!

Bumped into my own name while googling, so thought I'd join the discussion. Wow, you're talking about stuff that happened 25 years ago!

I vaguely remember creating something like this. The way it worked (if I remember correctly) is that you could relocate a basic program in memory to create a bit of "no-mans-land" in the high memory area. You can hide the assembly program there, and it will be saved to tape along with the basic program. Then all you need is a bit of code that relocates that binary to the start location (usually 0xa000?) and you're good to go.

So cool to read that people are still active with this!!

• Like 2