IGNORED

LDW Super 2000

Just managed to locate one of these on ebay...but seller has no power supply

form what i can gather the LDW2000 is the European equivalent of the LDW CA2001 LDW CA2002

- and all being Indus GT clones?

some questions i'm hoping someone might know the answer to:-

wtf is going on with the PSU connector? would the second image refer to view from rear of drive or from PSU plug?

also - what PSU can be used with this drive?

post-39567-0-63811300-1454607238_thumb.jpgpost-39567-0-97001400-1454607246.gifpost-39567-0-48014200-1454607254_thumb.jpg

any help, appreciated

The Indus GT uses the same power supply as the Atari 5200. It is a round barrel connector, NOT the same as the 4 pin connector above.

It uses 9.3 or 9.5 volt DC. The drive in your picture uses two different AC voltages.

Look here for Indus power supply. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Atari-5200-power-supply-also-works-w-Indus-GT-disk-drive-WORKS-GUARANTEED-2-/401057090516

• Like 1

What does the internal PS in the drive look like? What are its outputs to the drive's motherboard? You may be able to remove the internal supply and use an external DC supply with the proper outputs.

Also, that PS you are looking for is just a transformer. Check out the electronic supply houses for transformers with the proper voltage outputs.

• 4 years later...

*necrobump* (for future reference)

Find a PSU for an external 3.5" HDD. It will have 5v DC and 12v DC output but aim for suitable amps too.

i found one in my PSU drawer and it works great! you just have to match up the connector and make a fascia (but a 3d printer easily solves that)

my mod required removal of the bridge rectifier parts and 2x voltage regulators. the input wires go to the switch as originally designed, power is then taken from the unused VR pins via the original filter caps before being delivered to the logic PCB.

its a shame the drive suffered a bad choice of power supply specs and connector but a nice feature is that the switch grounds out any residual current when turned off.

I have been asked for more details about the LDW DC PSU mod so i thought i would add it here for the benefit of any future enquiries.

1. Remove the 2x rectifiers (RB5 & RB12) and the 2x voltage regulators (RG5 & RG12).

289369605_LDWDCmod1.thumb.jpg.9e3b1577f0a310bf1b724f1d3cad57f6.jpg

2. Make 2x PCB cuts marked by the pink lines in the image.

3. Add 2x wires as shown in the diagram from just above the cuts to the output pins of where the voltage regulators used to be.

(I have colour-coded both wires to show where to solder them - red asterisk is the 5v, yellow asterisk is the 12v.)

1662582353_LDWDCmod2.thumb.jpg.8b5a2b62b57f554baf91eadc23cbfc1c.jpg

4. Attach your DC-in wires at these points the in order to keep the power switch functionality. Red is 5v, yellow is 12v and black is GND.

Thats it!