TheYet-E

5200 Carry case with original Box

I know these are rare items...curious what they might be worth approximately or if anyone has seen one for sale at auction or online?

Thanks!

Nice. Do you have access to a scanner? If yes, could you scan the box?

Allan

I will try to find a big scanner to get a good scan...the scanner I have is WAY too small. :)

• Like 4

They are rare. Plus a lot of them were converted into carrying cases for the Atari STs by various Atari dealers in the late 80s. Mine being one of 'em. Hey, I was young, I didn't have a 5200 back then, and it really caught my eye back at the 1989 World of Atari convention at the Disneyland Hotel so don't judge me! :)

Edited by Lynxpro

Would be cool if someone repro'd the silver decal , or better still made one out of aluminum and etched or engraved the logo on it.

I've seen few carrying cases that don't have sticker lifting issues.

I admit it is a cool thing but how practical would this be? Did kids actually move their 5200 from place to place? Did anyone really take their 2600 to their friend's house to play?

As I was in H.S. at the time,and not a gamer like my younger sibling, I do remember kids taking their systems from house to house, all be not common place.

Just about everyone had a 2600, but 5200, C64 and some of the other systems not so much.

If you don't have an original box today the case is the next best thing... I wish I had another and boxed at that. :)

I was lucky enough to find two of them at the same time both machines now reside in them. I never saw them in the wild before and I'll never see him in the wild again I'm sure