IGNORED

Need Help, Maybe Found Something Interesting

Niebyx

Hello I am new to AtariAge, but I found no better place to post this. As a preface I know next to nothing about Intellivision games, but I may have found something interesting, Ill cut to the chase. Today I was at my local thrift store and saw a box of 15-20 complete in box Intellivision games and what appeared to be a console in good shape marked for 100$. I went through the box to make note of some of the games to look up because I was interested as I've been collecting older game related things recently. The games I remember were Qbert, Night Stalker, a Star Wars game, and Spider-Man. When I got home I started looking up the games I made note of and something caught my interest. It came to my attention that Spider-Man for the Intellivision was an unreleased title. Does anyone know anything about this game for the Intellivision, NOT the Atari? I had a hard time finding anything about it besides the picture I attached. Also the picture I attached is exactly what the game looked like in the store. Thank you to anyone who can help me.

TL:DR found an unreleased game complete in box at a thrift store....maybe? HELP

post-45320-0-89676800-1454807346_thumb.png

Hello I am new to AtariAge, but I found no better place to post this. As a preface I know next to nothing about Intellivision games, but I may have found something interesting, Ill cut to the chase. Today I was at my local thrift store and saw a box of 15-20 complete in box Intellivision games and what appeared to be a console in good shape marked for 100$. I went through the box to make note of some of the games to look up because I was interested as I've been collecting older game related things recently. The games I remember were Qbert, Night Stalker, a Star Wars game, and Spider-Man. When I got home I started looking up the games I made note of and something caught my interest. It came to my attention that Spider-Man for the Intellivision was an unreleased title. Does anyone know anything about this game for the Intellivision, NOT the Atari? I had a hard time finding anything about it besides the picture I attached. Also the picture I attached is exactly what the game looked like in the store. Thank you to anyone who can help me.

TL:DR found an unreleased game complete in box at a thrift store....maybe? HELP

please buy if its really is for intellivision and takes pics please? Pics of box cart shell and the cart pins on the inside for analysis. If its real it is worth far more than anything you are gonna pay for it there. You need to compare the cart pins to a mattel cart to verify it has the same amount of pins.

The picture I attached is exactly what was in the box, I'm going back tomorrow to re-inspect. I don't really want to shed out 100$ until i know a little more about it. Can you or anyone you know clue me in? I could maybe ask if they would sell just that game for 10-20$. If I get it tomorrow I will post pictures of the box art/cart inside and out. Thank you very much for the information.

Sir Jay, I took a peek inside a few of the games,when I was in there and they all seemed to be in there. Also all the games and system were in good condition. It looked like it was taken care of.

verify the box says intellivision on it. The box alone is worth far more than $100 if it really is for intellivision.

verify the box says intellivision on it. The box alone is worth far more than $100 if it really is for intellivision.

I just realized tomorrow is Sunday and the store is closed, but come Monday mid day I will update. Please let anyone know that may have any more info about it. Could it have been distributed in any way? Like I said I know nothing. Thank you Pimpmaul69 for getting back so fast. Let hope for the best.

The store has a good return policy and I know the people inside pretty well, as I am a regular. I totally forgot about the fact I could return it if I have any problems. Still I will not purchase the box of stuff unless it's for sure the Intellivision version.

Also is there any information about just the box existing or anything?

For sure I'm going back Monday morning 100%. If it is the box and the game for Intellivision what type of find would this be? I know nothing about the Intellivision or released/unreleased games.

I will keep everyone updated. Honestly the way you all are reacting odds are it's Atari, but I find it weird for 1 Atari game to be with 20 or so other Intellivision games with an Intellisivion system all boxed.

As others have said, if even that box alone is real and for Intellivision you'll have more than $100 coming your way. ;)

Just check to make sure it's not for Colecovision or Atari and that they haven't mixed it up. Take as many pics as possible and expect a large offer from me if its real. :)

As others have said, if even that box alone is real and for Intellivision you'll have more than $100 coming your way. ;)

Just check to make sure it's not for Colecovision or Atari and that they haven't mixed it up. Take as many pics as possible and expect a large offer from me if its real. :)

The people in this thread will be the first to hear/see anything given the slim chance it's for the Intellivision. :)

Before we get toooo excited - didn't someone make repro boxes for Hulk, Spider-Man, ie: the unreleased PB games?

This could just be a collector's stuff that ended up in a thrift shop. Happens all the time.

That is why I wanted as much information possible. Would my location help determine the possibility of this? Also if I get there and it is Intellivision would it be worth the risk in the case of it being a repro?

That is why I wanted as much information possible. Would my location help determine the possibility of this? Also if I get there and it is Intellivision would it be worth the risk in the case of it being a repro?

What am I thinking, if it is a repro ill return it.

People mailed these things all over the place, so no.

I'm pretty sure someone here would back the risk, just to see what it is.

Edit: my money's on it being the 2600 version, but if it IS that color of box, then probably a repro. You mostly just need to check the cart inside. If you somehow found an actual CIB of an unreleased game - that's mindboggling. Unreleased stuff almost always shows up as prototypes.

and then i need the cart shipped to me for rom "archival" purposes. ;)

People mailed these things all over the place, so no.

I'm pretty sure someone here would back the risk, just to see what it is.

Edit: my money's on it being the 2600 version, but if it IS that color of box, then probably a repro. You mostly just need to check the cart inside. If you somehow found an actual CIB of an unreleased game - that's mindboggling. Unreleased stuff almost always shows up as prototypes.

Never heard of repro boxes for the "lost" PB games. But I missed a solid block of years in the mid-20-aughts through early 10s.

It would be fun if it was all real or copy. Worth the money...the folks here will take care of you. It it is an Intellivision game the ROM needs to get dumped for the community as well. Exciting find.

It will all belong to CMART soon.

let's consider the possibility there's actually a real Intellivision cart in that box... we should change the 125 club, the Cmart's Original 125 Checklist, the Parker Brother's page on Intellivisionlives and on intvfunhouse... oh my... it would be a revolution!!!

In any case, an empty original Spider-Man box for Intellivision would be a wonderful find. I'm eager to see pics

It would be fun if it was all real or copy. Worth the money...the folks here will take care of you. It it is an Intellivision game the ROM needs to get dumped for the community as well. Exciting find.

It will all belong to CMART soon.

im here for that rom dumping the community needs if its real. :)