IGNORED

Need Help, Maybe Found Something Interesting

Niebyx

Guy I hope it is real as much as you do, but odds are it is not, if it is as illusive as you are making it to be. Still when Monday rolls around ill check it and in the 1:million chance this is something insane you all will be the ones who get it. Also on the off chance it is real deal I will post pictures right away and everything else necessary for you guys to do any analysis's needed on it. I'm probably not going to be posting on here till I check it just so I don't get over hyped about helping you guys. Expect a response regardless of if it is real or not, so no one is left clueless. Thanks a lot everyone for being serious and kind.

• Like 2

Guy I hope it is real as much as you do, but odds are it is not, if it is as illusive as you are making it to be. Still when Monday rolls around ill check it and in the 1:million chance this is something insane you all will be the ones who get it. Also on the off chance it is real deal I will post pictures right away and everything else necessary for you guys to do any analysis's needed on it. I'm probably not going to be posting on here till I check it just so I don't get over hyped about helping you guys. Expect a response regardless of if it is real or not, so no one is left clueless. Thanks a lot everyone for being serious and kind.

Thanks for sharing this with us whether it's real or not. It's cool to get excited thinking about the possibility of finding something new. I'm betting on it being the Atari version that just got mixed up with the Intellivision games, but I'm hoping it's an empty Inty proto box at a minimum. If it is, you sir, will get paid. :)

Wasn't that an Atari Hulk box that was made?

May well be.

And I may be getting mixed up with the "Revenge of the Jedi" box that I so desperately want, but can never actually determine if they physically exist.

Spider-Man was a personal favourite on the 2600. I should take a stab at an IntyBASIC version some day. I think the keypad could make for some interesting web-slinging action.

Before we get toooo excited - didn't someone make repro boxes for Hulk, Spider-Man, ie: the unreleased PB games?

This could just be a collector's stuff that ended up in a thrift shop. Happens all the time.

I never heard about repro boxes for these games.

But there were made mock up boxes back in the day.

DSCN3974.jpg

I wonder who is the collector who owns them.

http://www.cyberroach.com/cyromag/14/cge2k26p.htm

That is really cool. Hopefully it turns out to be the Intellivision version. Even if it isn't, there might be enough decent games and a working system to justify buying the lot. If you can, send pics of everything and the experts here can tell you if the whole lot is still worth purchasing even without the Spidey box.

Hello everyone here is a follow up post: I went by the store today and it ended up being open. On the door it says Sunday Open: Sometimes. I went and relooked the box of stuff over and as I expected it was the Atari version. I would like to apologies to you kind people for getting everyone hyped. I didn't realize how much this would impact you guys. I would have really liked it to be real, not for money or fortune, but for you all. As far as the other stuff in the box: An intellivision II system and 2 things that plugged into it for cartridges, cables for it all, the games I can remember: Qbert, advance dungeons and dragons, Popeye, A starwars game (forgot the full name sorry), a few sports games, and some games that said TALK or SPEECH on the front. The system and attachments looked to be in really good shape. Same for the games, they all are complete with the little number pad card. I talked him down to 80 for the whole box. I still haven't purchased it, but he said it had been there for over a week. Let me know if there is anything worth getting for myself or you guys. Again I would like to apologies to you kind people. Thanks again for all the help. Also for the people wondering what the box looked like I snapped a picture with my really bad old ipod touch because I do not have a smart phone (lol), I will attach said picture.

TL:DR I'm stupid and sorry for scaring everyone.

EDIT: Sorry if I sound like an Intellivision idiot, I really don't know a lot about it.

EDIT: He said everything worked also.

EDIT: After further investigation the speech games I mentioned were Intellivoice games.

post-45320-0-91770400-1454877004_thumb.jpg

Edited by Niebyx

Pics would help a bunch....ideally showing the boxed titles and cart labels if no box. Thanks for sharing this with us. Threads like this are like buying Powerball tickets. No one expects to win, but it's fun to dream about what we'd do if we did. BTW, if you see a white labeled cart that says Spiker Super Pro Volleyball, or simply VOLLEYBALL....you won the jackpot ;-)

Pics would help a bunch....ideally showing the boxed titles and cart labels if no box. Thanks for sharing this with us. Threads like this are like buying Powerball tickets. No one expects to win, but it's fun to dream about what we'd do if we did. BTW, if you see a white labeled cart that says Spiker Super Pro Volleyball, or simply VOLLEYBALL....you won the jackpot ;-)

Yeah it would have been awesome. I don't remember a volleyball game but again I wasn't making note of the sports games as they usually do not interest me. Tomorrow Ill go back and try to get pictures of all the games. It's kinda hard for me to take pictures without looking sketchy at this store, but i will try. If I get a picture of the spines of them all, would that help?

Edit: Also remember a Tron game

Edited by Niebyx

Spines should suffice. Definitely pick up a Volleyball game if you see one $$$.

If you ever decide to start collecting/gaming for Intellivision we can help you get set up pretty quick with some decent games.

An Inty II, QBert, Popeye, Pitfall and Intellivoice games should be already worth the 80 bucks. Buy it, start a collection or resell it to some of the guys in this forum. You should get at least the money you invested.

Alrighty, tomorrow Ill go back and probably pick it up. I don't really have 80$ to shell out to start the collection up, as i'm a college student, but Ill try to picture the stuff and if anyone on here is interested we can work something out. Again thanks a lot yall.

Alrighty, tomorrow Ill go back and probably pick it up. I don't really have 80$ to shell out to start the collection up, as i'm a college student, but Ill try to picture the stuff and if anyone on here is interested we can work something out. Again thanks a lot yall.

We could help you value it a lot better with more pics. If you're interested in it for yourself, feel free to pick it up. If you don't really want to spend the money on it, I'd find some buyers here before you drop money on it. There's a chance it might be full of common games that no one wants. Again, more pics would help, but don't feel obligated to keep going back and forth taking creepy pics in a store just to satisfy our curiosity :-D

You should consider picking up a flashback system as an introduction to the Intellivision, you could prob get one for <$30.