IGNORED

Unfinished Games

PacManPlus

Hello All:

Here are some unfinished games that will most likely stay that way unless someone can pick up the ball and run with it. Some will compile, and some will not (i.e. ReZolve - as I was in the middle of re-writing the Display Lists when I lost interest). If anyone wants to finish these, please be my guest.

Enjoy!

Bob

Battlezone.zip

Clean Sweep.zip

Defender.zip

Ms Pac-Man Twin.zip

Rezolve.zip

• Like 15

Do what you want, you're under no obligation to anyone. I'm enjoying your games and look forward to whatever you might do next.

I think everyone will agree with me when I say that good things are good and bad things are bad. The sky is usually blue and water is wet most of the time. :D

• Like 2

Does this mean you're retiring? :(

Oh, I don't know. I'm kind of burnt on this. Just haven't felt like doing it for a while. For quite a few years, I was putting out about 2 games a year.

Also, I have to be careful how I put things; I find that if I say anything, certain people accuse me / us of "exist in your bubble and ignoring the obvious cycle", like they think they know anything at all about me :roll:, so I tend to not post anything of my intentions one way or the other.

Sorry about Defender and ReZolve, guys - I usually don't like to let people down.

Bob

Edited by PacManPlus
  • Sad 1

Sorry about Defender and ReZolve, guys - I usually don't like to let people down.

Bob

You have nothing to be sorry about. You have single handedly done more for the 7800 that Atari ever did. You can be quite proud of the work you have done in such a short amount of time. You have a lot of fans here.

edit: I should add that it is extremely cool and unselfish of you to share the source code for your games.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

edit: I should add that it is extremely cool and unselfish of you to share the source code for your games.

Future post from someone:

"But you didn't convert the source code to work with 7800basic! You're a monster! A lazy monster!"

• Like 3

Thanks guys :)

@Dauber - yes, I had started porting that at one point... It was going to be a surprise. :sad:

@Inky - Thank you :) It was fun working with Alan McNeil on that.

@tep392 - Thank you ;) I try to contribute to the community in whatever way I can. The *only* reason why I might not give source code at any point would be fear of someone saying, "look at the way he did this - so inefficient... horrible code!" :) (I know, I'm weird that way) ;)

I'm not saying I'm going anywhere, or not. I just kind of lost my enthusiasm for now. I hope it's temporary.

• Like 2

Will cookies help? I will send you cookies!

I fully understand the sensation of burnout... I guess my real sense of loss is that there is literally no one in our community that can fill your shoes. I really wish that there was something I can offer to get your enthusiasm going again.

• Like 1

Oh, I don't know. I'm kind of burnt on this. Just haven't felt like doing it for a while. For quite a few years, I was putting out about 2 games a year.

Also, I have to be careful how I put things; I find that if I say anything, certain people accuse me / us of "exist in your bubble and ignoring the obvious cycle", like they think they know anything at all about me :roll:, so I tend to not post anything of my intentions one way or the other.

Bob

You let no one down Bob, where would we be without you? Thank you for all you do!

• Thanks 1

Bob

Bob - your generosity definitely has us all spoiled - myself included. Thank you for your hard work. I understand what life is like when you need to recharge.

Best wishes!

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Thank you Bob! What a guy. The best there ever was. He'll be back, he'll get the itch again after a while. This gives other developers a unique insight on how Bob operates, and his techniques going into what he does, looking at those 5 unfinished games. Perhaps some could pick up where Bob left off. Kudos to Bob for releasing those codes. Well Bob, at least you have decent weather down there, I'm in an ice storm in Northern VT, 2 days ago it was -30 up here. Not like when I saw you in Austin. Enjoy the weather, give some heady microbrews a good 6 month whack, and hope to see you back when you are feeling it.

Best,

Thursday83