IGNORED

Unfinished Games

PacManPlus

I'm not saying I'm going anywhere, or not. I just kind of lost my enthusiasm for now. I hope it's temporary.

I've lost mine more times than I can count. ;) Sometimes it takes longer to come back than others. But usually it will resurface after awhile. The thing is, if you're not into it, don't force it out of a sense of obligation. That just makes it worse. I find if I go off and find other things to do, I eventually get drawn back into the hobby because something cool will happen that I want to be a part of.

I hope you'll find your enthusiasm again, and if not, something else to be enthusiastic for. You're an amazing talent, Bob. You've single-handedly resurrected any interest I had long ago lost in the 7800. (You could always program some 2600 games. ;) )

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

I'm not saying I'm going anywhere, or not. I just kind of lost my enthusiasm for now. I hope it's temporary.

Know how that goes, been that way with 2600 coding for a while now. I was teaching myself Swift* when cd-w asked me for DPC+ help with his 128-pixel breakthrough. I'll most likely resume my Swift training once I wrap up the demo.

* the playground is awesome

• Like 1

How much did you have to pay George Romero?

I think I'm missing something. The 'Night of the Living Dead' is in the public domain?

"Copyright status

Night of the Living Dead entered the public domain in the United States because the original theatrical distributor, the Walter Reade Organization, neglected to place a copyright indication on the prints. In 1968, United States copyright law required a proper notice for a work to maintain a copyright.[128] Image Ten displayed such a notice on the title frames of the film beneath the original title, Night of the Flesh Eaters. The distributor removed the statement when it changed the title.[38][129]

Because of its public domain status, the film is sold on home video by many distributors. As of 2012, Amazon.com lists copies of Night of the Living Dead numbering 52 on VHS, 181 on DVD, and nine on Blu-ray.[130] The original film is available to view or download free on Internet sites, such as Internet Archive, Hulu, and YouTube.[131][132][133] As of February 11, 2015, it is the Internet Archive's most-downloaded film, with over two million downloads.[134] It is also one of the first movies known to be distributed on the Internet.[135]"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Night_of_the_Living_Dead

List of films in the public domain in the United States:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_films_in_the_public_domain_in_the_United_States

• Like 1

If it would be helpful, I had prepared the title screen and some intro images for Bob's ReZolve.

I have used the 160B mode, 13 colors or 25 colors with both palettes (background color included).

attachicon.gif7800 Rezolve_title screen_zoom.PNG attachicon.gif7800 Rezolve_intro image 1_zoom.PNG attachicon.gif7800 Rezolve_intro image 2_zoom.PNG

attachicon.gif7800 Rezolve_intro image 4_zoom.PNG attachicon.gif7800 Rezolve_intro image 3_zoom.PNG attachicon.gif7800 Rezolve_title screen_intro image_.PNG

OMG _ those are sooo amazing! If those were ever in a 7800 game (let alone rezolve which I was really looking forward too), I might die of intense excitement

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

I know the feeling on getting burned out on a hobby. Some of the crap you've dealt with from a few people here probably didn't help much.

But seriously, thanks for sharing your stuff with the community. One of your games is the only homebrew I've ever bought. :D Your stuff rivals any of the official releases easily.

• Like 1

• 2 years later...
  • 1 year later...
On 2/8/2016 at 5:29 AM, PacManPlus said:

Hello All:

Here are some unfinished games that will most likely stay that way unless someone can pick up the ball and run with it. Some will compile, and some will not (i.e. ReZolve - as I was in the middle of re-writing the Display Lists when I lost interest). If anyone wants to finish these, please be my guest.

Enjoy!

Bob

Battlezone.zip 228.21 kB · 350 downloads

Clean Sweep.zip 392.55 kB · 314 downloads

Defender.zip 362.41 kB · 371 downloads

Ms Pac-Man Twin.zip 425.19 kB · 279 downloads

Rezolve.zip 425.58 kB · 555 downloads

Hey I'm brand new to this forum.  It's awesome.  Is there anyone that can continue working on the Ms Pac-Man Twin?  What an amazing game!

I actually stopped working on Ms. Pac-Man Twin because there was no more information about it.  It's a very rare arcade game and it hasn't been dumped yet.  The work I did was just from the videos and pictures that I've seen.  Once there is more info on it (like a rom dump or more complete information about game play), I can then finish it.

• Like 5

• 1 year later...
On 4/11/2020 at 4:37 PM, PacManPlus said:

I actually stopped working on Ms. Pac-Man Twin because there was no more information about it.  It's a very rare arcade game and it hasn't been dumped yet.  The work I did was just from the videos and pictures that I've seen.  Once there is more info on it (like a rom dump or more complete information about game play), I can then finish it.

It was already dumped

Edited by elseniorx1989
  • Like 1