IGNORED

-^Cro§Bow^-

save2600

I just got back my A/V modded SVA Intellivision from Jesse. It's amazing. Best Inty picture I've ever seen. He really went the extra mile on my SVA, with a complete recap and some controller maintenance to get it all tip-top. Also demoed the upgrades by video with the new FW Diagnostics Cart, a nice plus.

Jesse has done all of these consoles for me, and they're all incredible:

* Atari 7800 s-video, recap, button replacement, new power mods

* Atari Lynx II McWill Mod

* ColecoVision composite mod, recap, LED add, new power switch, controller repair

* Sears SVA Intellivision composite mod, recap, LED added

* Sega Genesis Model 1 VA6 recap, s-video, FirebrandX audio, 2612/3438 switchable

I took some quick pics and some screenshots of the consoles running on my Toshiba 43" 4K. My iPhone XS Max tends to darken the screen pics just a bit, but I've posted them unaltered to keep them genuine. Let me say that the in-person experience of playing these consoles is second to none.

As always, I highly recommend Jesse for mod work. He puts tremendous passion into everything he does with them and knows his stuff. He's also a really great guy and a valuable member of the AA community!

- Blaine

post-65909-0-25022700-1553720680_thumb.jpg

post-65909-0-29807400-1553720716_thumb.jpg

post-65909-0-67775900-1553720866_thumb.jpg

post-65909-0-82179700-1553720886_thumb.jpg

post-65909-0-10811600-1553720907_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

JESSE IS AWESOME!

He does exceptional work, fixed a CCII for my 7800 when I was unable to see any traces to fix it. He is absolutely talented, and goes over and above

I would recommend Jesse to ANYONE who needs repair / electronic work done.

He is quick, concise, and complete.

Thank you, Jesse, thank you! :)

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I had a composite modded 7800 that I got from ebay and it was really poorly done. I wanted to upgrade so Jesse s-video modded my 7800 and wow what a difference! He truly does go above and beyond what I had expected. I will not hesitate to have Jesse mod more of my consoles in the future. The time, patience, and passion he puts into everything truly is refreshing and I cant speak highly enough of the entire experience.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Just received my 7800 with S-Video/Composite mod and I couldn't be happier. This transaction blew me away. Jesse's level of communication/professionalism went above and beyond what I expected. Anyone needing a system mod or repair needn't look further. Highly recommend :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: Thank you sir.

Additional services completed the following on my 7800:

• Main caps replaced
  • Front panel switches replaced/upgraded
  • Cartridge sleeve corner mod
  • DC-DC Voltage regulator upgrade
  • Like 2

• 2 months later...

I can't imagine ever having a better experience with custom console work.  Cro§Bow's extremely customer-oriented--far past my wildest expectations for customer service.  I even got videos along the way, as my trusty old lynx came out of its various operations.  I'm totally blown away by this.

If any of you have dealt with my grumpy self on this forum for any length of time, you'll note how out of character this kind of praise is for me.  But this really was an exceptionally good experience.

As for the services my lynx received:

BennVenn screen mod

cap kit

power circuitry refresh

That screen makes it like a whole new system for me.  I'm playing games that I maybe never gave much of a chance.  Especially ones with busy backgrounds or low contrast, that were previously kind of a chore to look at on the stock screen.  And my lynx now follows me outside the house again.

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

Jesse modded my 7800 and did an amazing job on it.  Not only did he install the S-Video mod, but also cleaned the whole system out, fixed a flaky power regulator, and cleaned and upgraded my switches.  He sent me emails and pictures on every step of the process and even sent me a final video showing the mod in action.  I've never had customer service like this before, it was amazing.  I can't recommend him enough.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

The Colecovision was my first console as a kid.  I got one this past summer off of eBay after learning all about sites like this and the SGM/Port/Homebrew scene.  After getting jerked around a bit I connected with CrossBow and in no time flat he worked with me to get my unit to him where he did a power switch mod and pause/led power mod in addition to the AV mod.  He looked the entire thing over inside and out and let me know everything every step of the way.  He provides a personalized private YouTube video where he goes over everything and shows your unit working as it is supposed to.  He even cleaned out my controllers when I sent them with the unit by mistake and tested my power brick.  His work is top notch and the customer service is phenomenal! 

I'll definitely use him again and highly recommend him! 

Edited by Donny Swanny
adding additional details
  • Like 1

Jesse is the man. Then again, if you've been on AA for a bit, you should already know that! He's purchased some A8 carts and manuals from me a couple times now, and also gave me some fantastic *video* guidance on how to put together the aftermarket Jaguar cartridge trays. Talk about above and beyond. The. Man. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I had a ColecoVision console that wasn't producing audio, and I sent it to Cro§Bow for service and he quickly identified and resolved the issue.  I was provided with a very detailed analysis of the the problem and given options to resolve the problem.  After performing the repair Cro§Bow showed me a thorough demonstration of the repaired console and went over the methods used to verify that all was in working order.  The console also got a needed cleaning and is nice & presentable now.  I highly recommend contacting him for vintage video game console repair and I will not hesitate to take avaiil of his services for any future repair needs that i have.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Jesse agreed to update the MMC reader on my Cuttle Cart 2 to an SDC reader for me, and he did an OUTSTANDING job. I couldn't be more thrilled. Beautiful work, excellent communication. He made sure I understood everything that was involved, and cheerfully answered any questions I had. He even sent me a video of the finished product in action before mailing it back. I can't recommend him enough.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

I received my LYNX II earlier this week and can't say enough about Jesse's work and professionalism.  He completed the following on my LYNX:

• McWill LCD mod
  • New capacitors
  • New power components including MOSFET
  • Replaced the speaker with one from Best Electronics
  • Replaced Screen Lens

Jesse even bathed the plastics (removed what appeared to be paint specs).  He really treats each item like it's his own.  I don't know that I'll catch up to @blainelocklair but I fully intend to continue to send my consoles to Jesse. My LYNX and 7800 look and work great! - Thanks!

<Edit> IMO the McWill LCD is incredible.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Every once in a great while you'll come across someone that blows your expectations completely out of the water and back around the globe, leaving you awestruck. From start to finish with modding my Atari Lynx using the newer BennVenn LCD, Jesse diligently kept me updated during the entire process. His communication is stellar and handy modwork is the best anyone can expect. Hands down one of the most amazing customer-service experiences of my entire life.

Loving my newly modded Lynx! All the best to you kind Sir, you're an invaluable asset to the Atari community.

Thank you.

mk1.thumb.jpeg.f69eb66685dfc98058be8c4bb706b6f5.jpeg

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

I just received my Lynx II back from Jesse.  Wow!  What customer service!  Jesse is not only an extremely talented hardware technician but also a superb communicator and all around awesome guy.  I can't say enough about his communication through the repair process.  Video of the repair in progress and another one of functionality after the fact.  You can really tell he cares about the games, his work and his customers.

I sent my Lynx to Jesse for installation of a McWill LCD kit and new speaker from Best Electronics.  Jesse started out by examining the Lynx for any potential issues that may arise after modification. He recommended refreshing the power supply circuit and some other capacitors.  I wanted to ensure the longevity of the unit and proper operation of the new electronics so I agreed to have them done.  Great work!  The new screen is beautiful and the new speaker is so loud now!  I am so happy with how the Lynx turned out.

Jesse also repaired a Jaguar that needed a new power regulator chip.  As he was replacing the chip, he noticed a capacitor leaking onto the board.  He replaced that and another filtering capacitor next to it.  He then proceeded to test the Jag and found that it had no sound.  Jesse recommended a fix for that and performed it.  The Jag works great now.  I couldn't be happier!

The bottom line is that I would recommend Jesse to perform brain surgery on my eldest child (ok, maybe not that) as his attention to detail, communication and caring is exemplary.  Thank you Jesse.  You have a customer forever!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Jesse has done it again!  This time I sent him two Game Gears to have the caps replaced on and one to have a McWill screen installed. 

The first unit was a Majesco GG and I just wanted it to be recapped since between the last time I used it and now, the sound and video had both failed.  I also sent him a cap kit for a VA5 board.  To his surprise and mine, there was a VA1 twin asic board inside!  Well, Jesse used as many caps as he could from the kit I sent him but ultimately had to purchase a few more to finish the job.  When he finished recapping it, he found that there was an odd bar of color over the right hand third of the screen.  For sure the screen was bad and now I remembered why I put that one in a box and forgot about it for years.  The only good solution to this disaster was to replace that screen with a new McWill which Jesse had to acquire for me.   It turned out great!  Now my Frankensteins' Monster is playable again.  Thanks for bringing him back from the dead!

The second GG that I sent to Jesse was just a standard VA1 single asic unit.  This one turned out to be a little easier than the Majesco.  I wanted it recapped, McWill installed, VGA out and new glass lens installed.  This one went to plan and I couldn't be happier with it.  It looks and runs flawlessly.

During the middle of all this Game Gear madness, the Lynx that I had sent him previously to modify was acting a little fluky.  The graphics were corrupted and the sound was very distorted.  I Immediately contacted Jesse and he told me to ship it to him right away for a checkup.  He took the time to take it apart and check his previous work to make sure everything was ok, which of course it was.  He then put it on his bench power supply and ran it for a few hours to make sure everything was operating properly for the long term.  I am almost embarrassed to say this but, as it turns out, it was just dying batteries causing the problem.  Jesse was able to reproduce it by lowering the voltage from his bench power supply.  *sigh*

Just a few notes about Jesses' standards and process:

First is that he is very particular about routing wires correctly and neatly.  You can tell he takes pride in the cleanliness and neatness of his repairs.  Second is that he is sure to properly heat shrink and insulate connections, not leaving things bare.  Third is that Jesse cleans the cases of the units he works on.  He doesn't just send back a dirty looking piece of hardware with new capacitors, finger print smudges and workmanship marks all over it.  He takes the time to clean the hardware.  Fourth is again his communication with the customer.  This is exemplary and would be a great model for any business to follow.  He is very transparent with everything he does and keeps you informed through the whole process.

Jesses' standards are aligned with mine as far as the pride of workmanship.  I really appreciate that.  Thank you Jesse, you have me gaming again!

• Like 1

@joeatari1 Thank you so much for your review and comments! I'm just glad your Lynx wasn't actually a serious issue. Enjoy the new life both of your GGs have along with that Lynx and don't be surprised if I check in on them from time to time to see how things are going and what games your playing!

On 1/30/2020 at 10:22 PM, Clint Thompson said:

Every once in a great while you'll come across someone that blows your expectations completely out of the water and back around the globe, leaving you awestruck. From start to finish with modding my Atari Lynx using the newer BennVenn LCD, Jesse diligently kept me updated during the entire process. His communication is stellar and handy modwork is the best anyone can expect. Hands down one of the most amazing customer-service experiences of my entire life.

Loving my newly modded Lynx! All the best to you kind Sir, you're an invaluable asset to the Atari community.

Thank you.

mk1.thumb.jpeg.f69eb66685dfc98058be8c4bb706b6f5.jpeg

Someone did Mortal Kombat for Lynx?

• 3 weeks later...

I had him do a video mod as well as diagnostic and recommend refurb replacements on an old 7800 system I had acquired. I am very pleased with his work! He communicated thoroughly throughout the process, and gave me an amazing level of detail on what was being suggested or done, and why. Excellent work, excellent communication, and reasonable pricing. I would recommend his work to anyone. 

• 1 month later...

I bought Jesse's Atari 5200 that he posted here. I am very happy with the obvious love and care and craftsmanship that he put into restoring this 5200 back to life. Communication before, during, and after the purchase have been fantastic. I think I've found my go-to Atari technician and engineer for any future needs.

IMG_0988.jpeg

Edited by socrates63
  • Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Jesse installed a UAV mod in my 7800 earlier in the summer.  I had picked up the unit a month or so prior as a spare with the intent of possibly modding it so I didn't know the history of the console.  Upon receiving and inspecting it, Jesse noted some prior shoddy repair work on the cartridge port.  The bottom leads weren't trimmed, tape had been placed over them to prevent a short, the height wasn't correct and the voltage regulator was reinstalled facing the wrong direction and without paste.  Jesse corrected these issues, installed the mod and put the machine through its paces, keeping me informed of his progress every step of the way.

More than a month in and I'm pleased to report that the system is operating flawlessly. Both the picture quality and audio are excellent.  The UAV looks just great via S-Video through my Retrotink 2x Pro setup. It's a vast improvement over my LHE modded 7800 and has replaced that unit and my 2600 in the living room.  I appreciated Jesse's communication updates, attention to detail and thoughtful approach throughout this process.  I hope to work with him again  - perhaps modding my 2-port 5200 or rehabbing the LHE 7800 - in the future.  Highly recommended!

Arlen

AVJacks_Ext_Detail.jpg