IGNORED

-^Cro§Bow^-

save2600

• 7 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Jesse modded my spare 7800 with the UAV board. He not only modded the 7800, but took extra time to fix additional problems he found with the console. He communicated during the entire procedure, and answered any questions I had (and I had a lot). I'm thrilled with the end result, and would gladly recommend his services to anyone that needs their 7800 modded. Thanks Jesse!

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...

I had done a really weak attempt at a Soundby video mod on my 7800. It sorta worked, not really. I was going to rip it up and start over, but then I decided to find someone competent to do the work for me. I ended up sending it to Crossbow, who installed one of Bryan's UAVs in it, and he also did a bunch of other work on it.

I got it back a couple days ago, and wow, it's nice. It's like brand new again. I'm very happy with it. Here's what Crossbow did for me:

1) He installed the UAV, which gives me an S-Video output, a Composite video output, and a Composite audio output. He sent me a photograph of the install, and the install looks really clean. The video quality is terrific, too.

2) At my request, he replaced all four of the switches. He used higher grade switches than what was in the from the factory. They should last a long, long time.

3) He replaced the major caps on the board.

4) He replaced a different particular cap that I had previously replaced myself. Mine seemed to work ok, but Crossbow replaced it with the component that matches the original.

5) He replaced the power regulator. It now runs really cool. I can't feel any heat coming off of it at all.

6) He ran a full set of diagnostics and found that the TIA was bad, causing paddles to be nonfunctional and the player2 second fire button to not work. Crossbow went out of his way to find a replacement TIA, and he got it fixed up.

7) Crossbow cleaned the unit really well. Somehow the 30 years of scuff marks disappeared. It looks like new, except for some pre-existing dents in the metal faceplate.

And he did it fast with great communication. He kept me updated every day as he was working on it. Needless to say, I am very happy with Crossbow's work. If anyone needs any sort of work on their 7800 (sounds like he does most other consoles as well), I would definitely recommend Crossbow. He's thorough and fair. Not to mention quick and affordable, too.

Thanks, Crossbow!

Steve

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Installed a UAV mod in my 7800, and the entire process was 100% perfect. Great communication, updates throughout the install, and the end result looks amazing, both cosmetically and regarding the new video output. If we had a rating system, I'd have to give A+ or 5 start or whatever top marks would be.

• Like 1

Installed a UAV mod in my 7800, and the entire process was 100% perfect. Great communication, updates throughout the install, and the end result looks amazing, both cosmetically and regarding the new video output. If we had a rating system, I'd have to give A+ or 5 start or whatever top marks would be.

Thank you, it is greatly appreciated! I do hope that 7800 provides many more years of continued service and enjoyment for you and your family!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Jess just installed the McWill mod into my Atari Lynx II. It looks amazing. He did exceptional quality work at an honest price. He also did a few extra maintenance steps to the Lynx to future proof it a bit (it had already been capped and power modded). Only took a week plus shipping time, very reasonable. His communication throughout the process was consistent and professional. I felt like I had more than a service from him - I feel like I made a new friend at AtariAge. That should tell you everything you need to know about how you will be treated when you do business with Jess. I recommend him 100%.

By the way, my Lynx and McWill mod will be in an upcoming video on his YouTube channel. Check out his channel from time to time to see the mod as it was done.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_HoOM485ibil-cmoG5qGTw/featured

Thumbs up for Jess! Great guy and great services.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Jesse took care of my 7800 to add S-video to it. Very professional, kept me up to date all along, The job looks and works perfect.

He even made a video for me showing how it worked and how the progress went. Never had an experience like this with something I had repaired or modded.

Thanks Jesse !

If your looking for a 7800 to be modded… He should be on your list to contact.

Edited by TheCoolDave
  • Like 1

Playing a bit of catch up today.

Jesse also just finished modding my ColecoVision. Recapped and installed A/V mod, along with fixing up some erratic controller behavior. This thing rocks! It's never looked or played better, even when it would have been new!

Jesse is a great guy to work with and takes immaculate care of his customers and their consoles. He truly is a great part of the AA community.

Blaine

• Like 1

Jesse modded my 7800 with UAV, new power, new switches, recap, pretty much the works. It's amazing. If you haven't noticed my trend, I have sent Jesse all of my consoles that I've had modded. There's a reason why: he always gets them right, is a great guy, and charges honest prices for the work. You can't go wrong with Jess!

- Blaine

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Jesse did a tremendous job on my 7800!

My S-video and AV ports were situated right along the rear, which is more handy than you may realize. Everything looks immaculate, aside from the S-video port being very slightly misaligned, by less than an inch. Even then, Jesse was happy to make up for this! He refunded my entire return shipping costs because of that minor detail.

Not only did Jesse send multiple pictures of the internals, but he also sent me a rather in-depth video, to show off the modded video signal. This demonstration was even personalized with my name!

I really appreciate the amount of effort Jesse puts into this stuff. Definitely recommended!

• Like 1