IGNORED

Who is manufacturing Atari XL/XE cartridges in EU?

Matej

I am finishing my Kiiro: Yinja Story game project for XL/XE and want to release it on:

- 10x FDD 5"25

- 10x Tape Cassette (Turbo 2000)

- ATR / XEX

And also maybe 20x Cartridge.

So who is making cheap A800 XL/XE cartridges?

And how much KB game can have?

Kiiro: Yinja Story

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/235972-kiiro/

Well, I'll start off by saying that I don't currently know of any cartridge manufacturing options in the EU. Other than that, here are the choices I can think of:

Atarimax sells 1 mbit (128KB) and 8 mbit (1MB) flash cartridges. This is a bit more expensive option, I suppose.

you can gut some existing cartridges and put new EPROMs in them, though you need to find carts with 27xx series EPROMs rather than those that use 25xx or 23xx (which the atari mask ROMs commonly used the pinout of, and can't be found easily anymore).

Lastly, I am looking into producing a board follows the XEGS cartridge banking standard (two 8K banks, one fixed the other variable, and up to 1MB of ROM if you need it) and designing it to fit in a certain polish reproduction Commodore cart (or maybe it was german) which happens to fit all Atari 8 bit computers with the exception of the 1200XL (unfortunate, but there's little other choice in cartridge cases). I am in the US.

Edited by Joey Z

I have boards that can support games up to 1MB in size, and I can produce 20 cartridges with a nice, printed label, using new Atari cartridge shells. I'm not in the EU, but can ship the carts over there.

..Al

Hi Al, would you happen to have any 2 chip OSS compatible boards to fit those cartridge shells?

I have boards that can support games up to 1MB in size, and I can produce 20 cartridges with a nice, printed label, using new Atari cartridge shells. I'm not in the EU, but can ship the carts over there.

..Al

Hi Al, would you happen to have any 2 chip OSS compatible boards to fit those cartridge shells?

I have a small number of new Atari 8-bit cartridge shells. Once I'm out of them, I'm unlikely to procure more. I am hoping to have a longer term solution to 8-bit carts later this year.

..Al

There is black cartridge shell for Atari XL/XE and C64 in EU.

search enclosure: Z7/KP38

EU DISTRIBUTOR

http://www.soselectronic.com/?str=371&artnum=50531&name=z7-kp38

PDF

http://www.soselectronic.com/a_info/resource/n/economic/z7.pdf

@Matej, I have produced several cartridges, they are ready to program. The usual way I arrange data is the xex loader and xex file on the cartridge.

If you want some more control, the cartridge maps to A000-BFFF and now I have eproms as big as 128 kB (max is 256kB). The cartridge is as if it were AtariMaxFlash 8Mb, but with 16 banks only, not 128.

The cost is not so high in the batch 20 pcs, about 10 Euro each with enclosure SIDEII-like (well, the same) manufactured by maszczyk.pl (type: km20b, http://www.maszczyk.pl/pl/offer/view/86/335/obudowy-km-20b).

And yes, they are too wide (about 2mm) for 1200XL, if it is the issue, I will ask maszczyk.pl for cnc them a little.

And yes, I am in EU :)

Edited by jhusak
  • Like 1