IGNORED

Opcode General Announcements

GraziGamer

Facebook is Primarily for Women. They seem to have this inherent need to know everybody's business. Men who have Facebook accounts are just fishing for one (or more) of those Women :grin:

My theory is that if you can color your hair, you're allowed to be on Facebook (although this data may be a bit old). Therefore, it's acceptable for all women, and young men up to about age 27.

• Like 1

Facebook is Primarily for Women. They seem to have this inherent need to know everybody's business. Men who have Facebook accounts are just fishing for one (or more) of those Women :grin:

Oh come on you mean to tell me your not interested in pics of the last meal every person you even remotely know had?

:rolling:

While I get that a lot of people aren't huge fans of Facebook (I'm not either, in fact I downright HATE some of their practices), the reality is that Facebook is the largest social media outlet in the world and if someone is trying to get their company's word out, there is no better place to do it, so I do not blame Opcode for using it as a platform for contests, promotions, etc.

On the flip side, those of you who are "anti-Facebook" don't have to be 100% supporters to at least use the platform for the things that could benefit you, such as an Opcode contest or promotion. You can simply have a page and turn off all notifications and basically never use it other than to login when you know there is something that has been posted that might be of interest to you, such as an Opcode contest or promotion.

As much as I'm not a fan of Facebook, I *DO* use it as a business platform and it has helped us grow our company by leaps and bounds. I most certainly would want to see the same success for Opcode.

I mean, I can't stand Wal-Mart either, but I will shop there when the deal is too good to pass up. The exact same mentality could apply here.

Thanks Grazi & Eduardo for the continued support!

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...

My theory is that if you can color your hair, you're allowed to be on Facebook (although this data may be a bit old). Therefore, it's acceptable for all women, and young men up to about age 27.

Up to age 27 you say?

003844__55330_std.jpg

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

In retrospect, 2016 didn’t go as smoothly as we had planned or hoped, but fortunately we got most of everything we had planned without compromising quality. And we are pretty happy with which we have accomplished.

We are even happier with all the feedback we have been receiving the last few days. That is when we realize that all the stress we had to go through and all the hard work involved was totally worth it.

So it is time to finally thank everybody that stood behind us during this year, those who never lost faith we would deliver. Thank you so much for supporting us and staying with us! Hopefully 2017 will be even better, with more games, more surprises and, God permits, that things go more smoothly.

A very Merry Christmas for all our friends here, and a New Year full of happiness, health and games.

Sincerely,

Ed and Grazi

• Like 9

• 5 weeks later...

Hi guys,

Our vacation just came to an end and this week we will return with full power!

We are reading all the messages you have been posted, and now that Ed is back to the US we can take care of everything.

We appreciate your patience.

In this time that we took a deserved little vacation we could evaluate many points and facts about the year of 2016 and I can't wait to tell you guys all the great plans we have for 2017!!! :love:

For us, Opcode, QUALITY is above time, but, we are scheduling ourselves better this year so the delays that happened last year do not happen again. I can assure you we will try our best!

And finally, if you have some problem with some of our products please don't hesitate to contact me, I can give you more attention if we talk via email. :)

Thanks.

support[at]opcodegames.com

• Like 2

I am back from vacation which means Opcode Games is back on business. Our priorities early this year are:

• Ship remaining SGMs, including 1st and 2nd run French SCARTs. They were assembled last year but I just didn’t have the time to ship them due to conflicting and busy schedule before leaving to Brazil.
  • Investigate and fix issues with some copies of Penguin Adventure.
  • Beta testing SGM Pro. We will soon start pre-orders, and also plan to offer a trade-in program for 3rd run buyers. Please stay tuned for more details soon. The estimated shipping date for the SGM Pro is July/August 2017, with two games available around the launch window (Pac-Man DX and Donkey Kong)
  • Ship replacement nameplates for 2nd run (long overdue)
  • Announce our new Color line titles for the upcoming months.
  • Like 6

Over the years, nostalgic thoughts would turn to my Colecovision on occasion. I purchased a cheap Colecovision clock in the early 2000's on one of these nostalgia seeking trips. I happened across a Colecovision flashback in my local grocery store a year or two ago and had to have it. It's still unopened in my closet of yesteryear -- along with my well-preserved collection of ancient technology -- which includes my beloved Colecovision that I bought with the proceeds of my first job, and all the expansion modules I could afford. Just recently a friend of mine posted a photo of his workspace, which included the same Colecovision clock. I had made an impression on him, and now he on me. This last nostalgia trip landed me here, amazed at what I found -- Opcode producing items that I have very often thought of as possibilities. The enormous community here of similarly-minded people astounds me. Here is Opcode, CollectorVision, and Team Pixelboy perfecting the magic of real games when they were artistically genuine and actually fun to play. It's all about colors, sound, and not overdone exposition. I am embedded here along with you all, and looking forward to getting my own SGM. The first game I must have is the new Donkey Kong. Please remain inspired!

• Like 6

Yes! THIS! More of THIS, please!

Over the years, nostalgic thoughts would turn to my Colecovision on occasion. I purchased a cheap Colecovision clock in the early 2000's on one of these nostalgia seeking trips. I happened across a Colecovision flashback in my local grocery store a year or two ago and had to have it. It's still unopened in my closet of yesteryear -- along with my well-preserved collection of ancient technology -- which includes my beloved Colecovision that I bought with the proceeds of my first job, and all the expansion modules I could afford. Just recently a friend of mine posted a photo of his workspace, which included the same Colecovision clock. I had made an impression on him, and now he on me. This last nostalgia trip landed me here, amazed at what I found -- Opcode producing items that I have very often thought of as possibilities. The enormous community here of similarly-minded people astounds me. Here is Opcode, CollectorVision, and Team Pixelboy perfecting the magic of real games when they were artistically genuine and actually fun to play. It's all about colors, sound, and not overdone exposition. I am embedded here along with you all, and looking forward to getting my own SGM. The first game I must have is the new Donkey Kong. Please remain inspired!

• 2 weeks later...

My wife has tried to get me on Facebook more than once, but I flat out refused. I don't know; there's something about Facebook that I just don't like. Maybe my destain for the platform derives from the way people use (and yes, abuse) it. Call me old-fashioned, but the idea of posting selfies - and airing your dirty laundry in public for all to see - is a real turn off to me. I acknowledge the benefits of using Facebook when you're a business owner (it's a great way to interact with exisiting customers and attracting new ones), but for personal use? No way. Besides, you can still visit companies that are on Facebook without actually joining. You can't post or interact with anyone, but that's fine by me. I find what I'm looking for and then move on when I'm done.

Edited by ColecoGamer
  • Like 1

• 8 months later...