IGNORED

WTB Battlesphere "Original"

Rick Dangerous

Hey gang

I am looking for a copy of the "original" Battlesphere, in complete and nice shape. It's one of the few items I am missing from my collection.

If anyone has one they are willing to part with, for huge sums of consecutive, non marked bills, stacked to the brim in a leather briefcase, please PM me.

Thanks.

I'd love any version of Battlesphere! I just paid $75 for primal rage. All I'm missing is Battle-Sphere, Another World, and Brain dead 13. Only ones I'm missing. If anyone is willing to part with these games please let me know!

(I just need CD only, instructions if possible but not necessary.I utilize dvd cases just need the disk).

Edited by JaguarBrett

I forgot, need Spacewar 2000 and Aircars also, I need more than I thought!

(It never ends)

I saw you've been playing the ST lately, in the U.S. I grew up on Apple IIE at school, but had a Tandy 1000 at home. Was my first foray into adventure games with Sierra leading the way. (Kings quest, Space Quest, Leisure Suit Larry etc lol).

I hear there's ports of space quest, Police Quest, etc on ST, those are Jag ports I would DIE for =)

Edited by JaguarBrett

A copy of the original Battlesphere just sold on eBay for over $650. Good luck finding one, because I've pretty much given up hope of ever owning that or AirCars.

Aircars can be found brand new from B&C for $50 (cart) or &70 (cart and manual) right here:

http://www.myatari.com/atarijag.txt

If you really need a box those can be found too...but you need the secret password.

I'm willing to pay for the right copy of Battlesphere regular, but no one has PM'd me yet :)

Those are second run carts, right? I thought there was a preceding version that was stupid expensive.

There is, its actually a more complete version called KA aircars. I've been on the lookout for awhile and it pretty much NEVER comes up for sale.

Though I've never played "KA" aircars, from my experience with ICD aircars I can pretty confidently say they are both sucky enough to get either one (in this case the ICD which is readily available) and say to yourself "I have aircars, thus all my aircars needs are met." And leave it happily at that.

Price on Battlesphere just keeps climbing year after year! I'm tempted to let mine go for $650, but then what? Another year or three down the road and it'll be worth $900 or more? :lol:

Could be! Of course, while the supply is low, it's doubtful demand will rise much given how niche an interest market the Jaguar is.

I'd love any version of Battlesphere! I just paid $75 for primal rage. All I'm missing is Battle-Sphere, Another World, and Brain dead 13. Only ones I'm missing. If anyone is willing to part with these games please let me know!

(I just need CD only, instructions if possible but not necessary.I utilize dvd cases just need the disk).

Braindead 13 is much more fun to watch than to play, and - additionally - the CDI version is much better than the Jag version thanks to the CDI`s MPEG capabilities (it requires the CDI video cartridge, of course).

Aircars isn't great but it's playable and can seem a little fun at times. There are certainly better polygon shooters on the Jaguar. I think the main reason it's still on the radar is the networking capability...which is kind of cool and probably only happens at retro gaming shows and eJagfest.

Any video based game is going to be better on CDi or 3DO, but surprisingly, American Hero doens't look half bad!

I have BD13, Space Ace, and Dragons Lair, but just can't get into any of them. I think that style is just not fore me.

There is, its actually a more complete version called KA aircars. I've been on the lookout for awhile and it pretty much NEVER comes up for sale.

Though I've never played "KA" aircars, from my experience with ICD aircars I can pretty confidently say they are both sucky enough to get either one (in this case the ICD which is readily available) and say to yourself "I have aircars, thus all my aircars needs are met." And leave it happily at that.

There's a KA aircars for sale at 290 Euros I saw today - is it really that different? From a particularly dodgy looking italian website though :)

There's a KA aircars for sale at 290 Euros I saw today - is it really that different? From a particularly dodgy looking italian website though :)

It's supposedly the "most complete" version of Aircars out there, with a more detailed display and explosions. As to whether is worth 290 euros....only the fumes can tell.

• Like 2

Well this is where I happened to find it:http://brainstore.brainfusion.it/store/product_info.php?cPath=14&products_id=6694

The Alices Moms Rescue for 10,000 looked a bit pricey and as for Downfall plus at 400... ;)

Actually looks like a real store but the online part a bit rubbish

Edited by Welshworrier

Well this is where I happened to find it:http://brainstore.brainfusion.it/store/product_info.php?cPath=14&products_id=6694

The Alices Moms Rescue for 10,000 looked a bit pricey and as for Downfall plus at 400... ;)

Actually looks like a real store but the online part a bit rubbish

Lol...they must have bought all the rare stuff for the sole purpose of reselling.

W_T_F! :-o

I see Dragon's Lair AKA Blade Runner - Directors Cut is selling for a cool $10k also. :rolling:

Dont forget 'Fight for life' at 10k as well.

Some of the titles do seem appropriate though:

Dino Dudes - Courage Under Fire

Checkered Flag - Lethal Weapon

Highlander - Replacement Killers

Mutant Penguins - Under Siege

Breakout 2000 - Under Siege 2

Alien Predator - You got mail

The review of 'Dragon' AKA something about mary is my favourite - "This has to be one of the funniest movies released for 1999!"

Edited by Welshworrier
  • Like 3

• 5 months later...