IGNORED

MORE reasons to love the Edladdin Super twin 78 controller?

elviticus

Hi everyone,

I've become a huge fan of Edladdin ever since I got the awesome Super Twin 78 controller for Christmas. Although I really like Robotron, it's not the ONLY reason I got the twin stick model. I have also been using it quite a bit on my 2600... Finally I can enjoy playing Stargate and Spy Hunter!! I never really played them much before, since they require 2 sticks, and it felt awkward. I know Radar Lock and Star Voyager also make use of two sticks.... What others am I forgetting? (I also have an Atari 800, and I look forward to trying the Twin 78 on Castle Wolfenstein) P.S. if you have a ColecoVision, please consider supporting Edladdin's new Kickstarter campaign? I am not related to Ed or being paid for this endorsement, I just love these controllers! :)

• Like 3

Nice! Totally forgot these used two sticks.... I will

Riddle of the Sphinx and Crypts of Chaos...

I use my X-Arcade Tankstick with adapters to play these kinds of 2600 games.

Nice! Forgot these were two stick games... Used to play Riddle quite a bit when I was a kid. I'll try these out too.

I agree. These ARE great controllers. However, I did recently discover the Radica Space Invader Mod, and I have to say, these are a great cheaper option. I built one for less than $18 from instructions here on the site. Liked it so much I have another one coming that I will mod for the 7800. I like it every bit as well as my Ed controller. I still like my Ed controller as well. I just like controllers.

• Like 1

I agree. These ARE great controllers. However, I did recently discover the Radica Space Invader Mod, and I have to say, these are a great cheaper option. I built one for less than $18 from instructions here on the site. Liked it so much I have another one coming that I will mod for the 7800. I like it every bit as well as my Ed controller. I still like my Ed controller as well. I just like controllers.

I just ran a search. Wow! This mod looks cool!!

What kind of adapters do you use? My Tankstick is USB and I don't know of an easy way to convert that to a set of DB9 jacks.

I have the Playstation/Dreamcast/Gamecube X-Arcade adapter which is plugged into a Tototek Playstation to Genesis/Megadrive adapter (found at the Tototek website), which is then plugged in to an Edladdin Seagull78 Genesis to Atari 7800 adapter.

If you want to plug it specifically in to a 2600 you don't need the Seagull78 adapter. You can just get a Best Electronics Genesis to Atari systems converter cable and it'll work nicely.

Hope that helps.

• 2 months later...

There's games like Star Ship or Towering Inferno that use the right stick only, it must be nice not having to unplug joysticks just to play those.

Right and Wizard of Wor too!

And just thought of a hack for Video Pinball and Midnight Magic. Might be nice to have the left joystick operate the left flipper, etc.

Right and Wizard of Wor too!

And just thought of a hack for Video Pinball and Midnight Magic. Might be nice to have the left joystick operate the left flipper, etc. Cool

Cool idea! Yep, Wizard of Wor is another I forgot.... Was actually just playing Towering Inferno after listening to Ferg's game by game podcast on that game and Name This Game.

• 2 weeks later...