IGNORED

Breakout 2000

Xgames

Well i finally got breakout 2000 and i like the game i loved the way the lvls were set up almost as if your playing worlds.But i have to hand it to impulse x it just is down right better atleast for me it is what B2K lacked was some good music to go with it .However i did like the way it was set up graphic wise .Impulse x just has the right tunes to go with the fast paced action .

Is Impulse X rotary controller compatible?

Yes it is and that's a beautiful thing. But when using the regular joypad, can press a button to speed your paddle up at least.

When it comes to B2K, I wish that during single player mode, the playfield would have been turned up a bit so that the bricks make up more of the screen. Hate it when games force a 2-player perspective on you at all times. Xenophobe and Final Lap Twin come to mind. lol

I just wished that either game had a more complex scoring system that rewarded multiple break bricks between instances of paddle contact. So if you get a ball behind the play field and it smashes 15 bricks before it comes back down to your paddle, the later bricks would be worth more. It just leads to more interesting scores.

Or in Impulse X, you can only break an unbreakable brick with the magic ball. It would be nice if those were worth much more. Again, you get more interesting scores that way.