IGNORED

Space Invaders: "Red Label" manual?

BassGuitari

It occurred to me recently that in all my years of collecting, I've never seen a red label style manual for Space Invaders that matches the style of the manuals that were included with other red label cartridges. Google searches have proven fruitless.

Over Christmas I happened upon a NIB red box Space Invaders that I picked up in the hopes of putting the question to rest once and for all, but to my slight disappointment, the cartridge within was actually a gray label version instead, and the manual was the black and white reprint of the earlier picture label style manual normally seen with gray label carts. So even that was inconclusive, although it was interesting to learn some (all?) gray label Space Invaders carts came in red boxes.

Was there ever a red label style Space Invaders manual, or did they just come with the reprinted versions?

YES! That would have to be it. I've never seen that before, although TBH I never really looked until a couple of months ago. I usually only collect loose carts.

Any idea of the rarity on these? I can't believe I would never have encountered one in 18 years of collecting unless they were very rare. Or are they not that big a deal rarity-wise and by some incredible stroke of chance they've managed to fly under my radar all this time?

• 4 weeks later...

Interesting...how did they descripe the 112 different game-variants? The red label manuals are usually just a bigger piece of paper - scan please!

we have only integrated the Red(blue) Space Invaders manuals by now, because that was the next in line.

The manual is the same as for the other red.

atariboxed.com/Space Invaders

So far we have three different manuals in the red Space Invaders Boxes.

a english red style manual,

a english blackwhite manual,

a german manual.

would be nice to know, if other languages exist.

if we look at the pics, everything is possible in the box , :?

post-17534-0-06190000-1458115745_thumb.jpgpost-17534-0-39643900-1458115755_thumb.jpgpost-17534-0-58078300-1458115764_thumb.jpgpost-17534-0-99983600-1458115773_thumb.jpg

• Like 1