IGNORED

GemRace

DrTypo

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...
9 hours ago, Arcadia said:

Never seen this thread before, it looks pretty cool. Would it be compatible with the JagSD? 

It's compatible with the Jaguar. I have the Cart and the CD of this thing. It's pretty fun :) But it never ends, it also doesnt tally high scores.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...
On 12/12/2016 at 11:29 AM, YANDMAN said:

This game is so cool i simply had to do a piece of 80's inspired box art for it.

I hope you guys like it.

post-33164-0-96513700-1481560122_thumb.png

So this is the boxart you are claiming a copy of GemRace was produced by WAVE 1 GAMES and sold on eBay then? Funny as I have never even seen this boxart before. If you'll gladly flip back to page 1 you'll see that I made a custom UGC insert and cart label based off Felyx artwork not yours, but even with that I have never produced or sold any carts of the game. Whoever told you the game and boxart came from me is a liar and I would appreciate it if you name that person TODAY.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/GEM-RACE-ATARI-JAGUAR-PAL-PINK-CUSTOM-SHELL-BOXED-WITH-INSTRUCTIONS/133616735019?hash=item1f1c2d932b%3Ag%3AWn4AAOSwI99f5L7o

And here is the listing in question.

I do not know this person and this is NOT my work. Thats not even the white insert trays I use for my games. I use the generic SNES ones

26 minutes ago, WAVE 1 GAMES said:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/GEM-RACE-ATARI-JAGUAR-PAL-PINK-CUSTOM-SHELL-BOXED-WITH-INSTRUCTIONS/133616735019?hash=item1f1c2d932b%3Ag%3AWn4AAOSwI99f5L7o

And here is the listing in question.

I do not know this person and this is NOT my work. Thats not even the white insert trays I use for my games. I use the generic SNES ones

This seller appears to be the user @mart on the forum here, and he has apparently been selling various reproductions and bootleg carts on eBay.  I have filed a VeRO complaint against one of his auctions that contains a pirate copy of @Sporadic's Astro Storm.  To others reading this, please do not support this individual's piracy.  Thank you.

..Al

• Like 17
  • Thanks 3

This same seller is also selling multiple Songbird, Reboot and Sporadic reproduction carts. He says that you are just bidding on a pack of cards and you’ll get the games for free. I’ve seen a lot of scummy stuff on EBay but this is insane. 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PLAYING-CARDS-NEW-FREE-GIFT-OF-6-PROTOTYPE-SHELL-ATARI-JAGUAR-GAMES/133617650004?hash=item1f1c3b8954:g:IJgAAOSwjmFf5gUT

• Sad 1

9 minutes ago, WilcoL said:

This same seller is also selling multiple Songbird, Reboot and Sporadic reproduction carts. He says that you are just bidding on a pack of cards and you’ll get the games for free. I’ve seen a lot of scummy stuff on EBay but this is insane. 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PLAYING-CARDS-NEW-FREE-GIFT-OF-6-PROTOTYPE-SHELL-ATARI-JAGUAR-GAMES/133617650004?hash=item1f1c3b8954:g:IJgAAOSwjmFf5gUT

VeRO filed.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, madman said:

This is why we can't have nice things. He's even selling a Jaguar "dust cover" that is just an empty cart for 20GBP. Some people will sell anything for a buck.

Bold by me - that's because some people are stupid enough to pay for this useless shit.

I bought this game from someone on the forum here who mentioned that they had permission from Dr. Typo to produce them for him. I was able to get all 3 of the games he had at the time which were Gem Race, Fallen Angels, and Tube SE. I made my own UGC cases for them but found some cart artwork online I think on here and was able to print them and insert them. 

without naming the person I bought them from, it was someone on here who is known for making games if that gives any clue, but they came looking very professional with labels on them. 

• 1 year later...
4 minutes ago, jgkspsx said:

Bump to talk about the actual game!

So is it endless? I’m at level 35 and my score keeps creeping upwards…

It seems endless and goes on forever. I had hoped there was a way to track high scores or something. But there is no save gave option. Once you get through the levels it just loops back to the same ones again and I didn't notice them to be any harder after that.