IGNORED

Extremely Rare Sega Genesis Earl Weaver Baseball Game Prototype

GenesisGamer

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 1418990621351?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=141899062135&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

Here is your chance to own a piece of video game and baseball history. This is the lost game that never made it to video game systems, despite years of great success on home computers.

This is for a extremely rare (possibly only one in existence) Earl Weaver Baseball "Preliminary Version" game cartridge for Sega Genesis. The game has been tested and works as a Alpha version game should.

I have been in contact with video game experts and even staff that worked for Electronic Arts around the time this game was created. You can have all of that correspondence when you purchase this piece of video game history. An interesting story for one of the most advanced baseball games of it's time.

This is one of the rarest Sega Genesis games currently in existence. Online research shows that the ROM for the Genesis version of this game has never been released and no known prototypes exist (until now).

post-45392-0-68963500-1455302509_thumb.jpg

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 1418990621351?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=141899062135&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

Here is your chance to own a piece of video game and baseball history. This is the lost game that never made it to video game systems, despite years of great success on home computers.

This is for a extremely rare (possibly only one in existence) Earl Weaver Baseball "Preliminary Version" game cartridge for Sega Genesis. The game has been tested and works as a Alpha version game should.

I have been in contact with video game experts and even staff that worked for Electronic Arts around the time this game was created. You can have all of that correspondence when you purchase this piece of video game history. An interesting story for one of the most advanced baseball games of it's time.

This is one of the rarest Sega Genesis games currently in existence. Online research shows that the ROM for the Genesis version of this game has never been released and no known prototypes exist (until now).

I don't mean to be rude, but come the F@%K On. $10,000????

I was thinking more in the $300 to $500 range with a bidding war.

You're right I could do better, I was trying to get a good set up going to take video. I apologize for the shaky video.

@Save2600 Yes the game play for me ... (though I have never played the game extensively) seemed to be good overall. However I think as far as I can remember there was never any sound on this game, and probably why I never played it often.

And Yurkie, honestly I will accept reasonable authors I didn't know what this was worth. I put a $10,000 buy it now to create a buzz and a reaction just like yours. I do have the best offer option and will entertain reasonable offers.

Edited by GenesisGamer

@Save2600 Yes the game play for me ... (though I have never played the game extensively) seemed to be good overall. However I think as far as I can remember there was never any sound on this game, and probably why I never played it often.

Thanks for posting that. Too bad about the lack of sound. The sound and speech were some of the more stand-out features on the Amiga original.

I put a $10,000 buy it now to create a buzz and a reaction just like yours. I do have the best offer option and will entertain reasonable offers.

I've never understood this approach. Outrageous start pricing has the exact opposite impact on me. I just assume anyone that is so unrealistic would be insulted by a market value offer and ignore their auctions. I'm sure many people take my same approach and you're missing out on people who actually have the money to make a good offer, but won't deal with you because of your ridiculous starting price.

I've never understood this approach. Outrageous start pricing has the exact opposite impact on me. I just assume anyone that is so unrealistic would be insulted by a market value offer and ignore their auctions. I'm sure many people take my same approach and you're missing out on people who actually have the money to make a good offer, but won't deal with you because of your ridiculous starting price.

Bingo! My take exactly. An unrealistic high opening price angers me enough that I refuse to even try an offer no matter how much I'm interested in the item. Happiestsellerever is another example of this.

• Like 1