IGNORED

Rider of the Night (REVISED)

frankodragon

I changed the code around a little bit. I still don't know if the music will interfere with the vox:

titlemainloop

red_orb_get=0
  rem duration=1

voice_check=0:beatup_speech_check=0:bomb_speech_check=0

<more code>

speak upspeech
	speechdata upspeech
    reset
    phonetic   'play rider of the night'
	voice_check=1
end

<music code>

end
  tsound 1,0,0,0
  rem voice_check=0

voice_check=0:goto titlemainloop

The voice check should reset to zero after the music plays so the vox can restart again.

knight_rider.bas.bin

knight_rider.bas.a78

Another update: When the player finishes a stage, an "M" icon appears where the car icon used to be. Plus I've made some other fixes such as getting the city maps to display properly. Some of the tracks are still glitchy. Sometimes the road "disappears" although that may be interesting in some desert levels. I haven't been successful in getting the Vox to work, so I'm going to just work on the game itself. Special thanks to gambler172 for testing the Vox with his Cuttle Cart 2.

knight_rider.bas.bin

knight_rider.bas.a78

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Time for another updated version. There were some issues about whether an "M" icon would show up after completing a race- seems like they work now. Also fixed some weird minor color changes such as the road turning purple. I also renamed and reorganized the DIMs; the graphics were getting weird in later levels after using var99 and after $2200 so I just skipped to $2300.

• 7 months later...

It has been a while but I've updated several things: Changed the song at the beginning, the cars no longer zip across the screen; they're more of nuisances on the roads. I disabled the vox as I have no way of testing it out myself and the new build of 7800Basic vox module was separated into a new module. I've also fixed some minor bug fixes, etc., but there are still some minor screen glitches such as the track disappearing for a second then reappearing.

From a request, I made a version called Knight Rider, however due to trademark laws and fear of being sued by lawyers, I cannot distribute copies with the actual Knight Rider name in the US.

gallery_18158_734_45660.jpg

gallery_18158_734_155739.jpg

gallery_18158_734_0.jpg

gallery_18158_734_73917.jpg

• 7 months later...

It has been a while but I've updated several things: Changed the song at the beginning, the cars no longer zip across the screen; they're more of nuisances on the roads. I disabled the vox as I have no way of testing it out myself and the new build of 7800Basic vox module was separated into a new module. I've also fixed some minor bug fixes, etc., but there are still some minor screen glitches such as the track disappearing for a second then reappearing.

From a request, I made a version called Knight Rider, however due to trademark laws and fear of being sued by lawyers, I cannot distribute copies with the actual Knight Rider name in the US.

I'm not getting this to load in EMU7800 or ProSystem7800 Emulators. EMU7800 doesn't recognize the rom. ProSystem7800 is just black screen.

Black screen on the concerto version as well on actual 7800.

Time for another updated version. There were some issues about whether an "M" icon would show up after completing a race- seems like they work now. Also fixed some weird minor color changes such as the road turning purple. I also renamed and reorganized the DIMs; the graphics were getting weird in later levels after using var99 and after $2200 so I just skipped to $2300.

Since the cars move sideways across the screen, how do you avoid them? Sometimes it looks as if they move behind me, but not sure how. Mostly I get hit, I think.

• 9 months later...

Hey francodragon, I ran the most recent binary I was able to find in the thread but it seems to be different from the one used to make the video on post 37. The title screen I get only has Mike (no car) and the enemy cars still move sideways. I downloaded it to give feedback for the 7800 Homebrew Podcast. It'd be great to try out the version on the video, if you still have it and can post it in post 31. Thanks!

Hey francodragon, I ran the most recent binary I was able to find in the thread but it seems to be different from the one used to make the video on post 37. The title screen I get only has Mike (no car) and the enemy cars still move sideways. I downloaded it to give feedback for the 7800 Homebrew Podcast. It'd be great to try out the version on the video, if you still have it and can post it in post 31. Thanks!

I thought the build was too buggy but if you insist... http://atariage.com/forums/topic/249131-rider-of-the-night/?p=3471126

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Another update. I've added password support so each time you successfully complete a "world" you'll get a simple password for the next "world." Press SELECT on the title screen to access the password screen. I've also made fixes such as widening out the horizon so you can avoid the cars. I also added obstacles such as trees, cactus and boulders to levels.

post-18158-0-47647300-1530307369_thumb.jpg

post-18158-0-93052900-1530307382_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Forgot to mention; this build features that whenever you complete a level with the large "M," the level cannot be entered again unlike the last builds. I also fixed problematic "gosub's" as it would cause the game to crash.

Still problematic are the flickering of sprites.

BTW, if you're one of those that just shits with comments like "this game sucks" or "the graphics are terrible", etc, then please just go away.

• Like 2