IGNORED

FS: Cheap S-Video Modded Genesis Model 1's

SwampFox56

I will periodically update this thread when I have some more for sale:

Current Status - Out Of Stock Until The 27th

Number available: One Console(s) Available!

All systems will look exactly the same unless specified otherwise here at the top of the thread. I'm currently using slightly different S-Video jacks (Ones without the outside ring around the connector). I think they look better, and I like them more. Otherwise the one system I currently have available will look exactly the same at the one's pictured down below :)

Zeke

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I currently have Genesis Model 1's S-Video/Composite Video & Stereo modded. The systems have regular RCA phono jacks, and a regular S-Video female mini-din jack so all you need to get video and sound from the system is a pair of regular RCA cables and an S-Video cable

I've also switched out the power LED with a blue one. I can change it back to Red or I can change it to Green if you like. Pictures of the system are below. Asking $55 for each console + $10 shipping. Payment will be processed through PayPal.

WP_20160214_001.jpg

WP_20160214_004.jpg

WP_20160214_003.jpg

Both systems look exactly like the one pictured. If you're interested, PM me :)

Edited by SwampFox56
  • Like 3

do you know if these will run OK on a UK Sega power supply ?

I'm back in the US in April and looking to bring back a genesis to add to my collection.

Maybe, can you take a picture of the top of the A/C adapter so I can see the voltage output, polarity, and amperage?

DC output voltage is the same, and so is amperage and polarity. In theory - I see no reason why this A/C adapter wouldn't work.

Thanks for letting me know. I'm back in the US End of April so will be in touch just before - also hoping to pick up a snes at the same time to bring home.

One console has been sold, the other console is still up for grabs :) I can perform additional mods on the remaining console like the first customer requested in case anyone would be interested in that :)

I think it could have been a browser issue!

Stupid question: Does S-Video only do video? Will I still need to connect audio cables?

Thanks!

No audio is still RCA. If you didn't know that you probably don't have an S-video supporting TV. :/

• 1 month later...

DC output voltage is the same, and so is amperage and polarity. In theory - I see no reason why this A/C adapter wouldn't work.

No no no no no!

Do not try this. PAL outputs current at 50Hz, NTSC outputs at 60Hz. If you plug in an AC adapter expecting 50Hz and it gets 60, it will not work as designed. Or worse.

No no no no no!

Do not try this. PAL outputs current at 50Hz, NTSC outputs at 60Hz. If you plug in an AC adapter expecting 50Hz and it gets 60, it will not work as designed. Or worse.

...no.

The A/C adapter converts AC to DC. Direct Current doesn't alternate between Positive and Neutral (thus it's name... direct current). Therefore, this is of no concern.

Yes...

Wall outlet outputs 60Hz AC in the US.

AC adapter expects 50Hz, AC which it then rectifies into 12V DC or so to pass to the LM7805 for stepdown conversion to a proper 5V DC source.

Think what you want, and not to pull the education card, but I have a bachelors in EE and I've worked on these things for YEARS modding them. It's still a bad idea.

To be clear, im more concerned as to what will happen to the AC adapter than I am the Genesis.

Edited by Lastcallhall