IGNORED

Wow... TM is terrible...

MotoRacer

I was able to purchase the "new" twisted metal for the PS3 for the cheap. I love the franchise, especially 2 and Black, and I figured this would be a good return to form as it was done by the original team.

I'm really disappointed. I'm starting to understand why a lot of people didn't quite like it. Limited characters, seeing Sweet Tooth in other's vehicles (disappointing ...) instead of those characters in those vehicles themselves, very sub par graphics, and for the life of me why I don't know... but terrible controls.

The game looks very disappointing considering how good Black was at the time. In fact, till this day, Black's menus are vastly better looking, which is weird to admit as this system should be able to do much better in that regard. The music feels very mainstream and doesn't capture the TM feel. And the environments are uninspired and bland compared to previous offerings which seemed to try harder with the zany factor, and flat out better level designs.

But a lot of that could be forgiven if it weren't for the terrible controls. I'm not sure why, but everything feels loose and sloppy, where as Black is very firm. I used to be able to do all sorts of maneuvers in Black, and feel like a bad ass with the twin stick controls. But in this game, I can't seem to find myself able to aim with much of anything. And good luck getting any hits with the machine gun. What a useless primary weapon they've made it out to be.

Anyone else disappointed by this game? I mean, sadly, I could see Sony ignoring this franchise all together after this. Which is sad, as the franchise is worth better than this game.

Then again, the severe lack of 1st and 2nd party games is precisely why I no longer have a PS4. Maybe they should try again, or bother making a new Wipeout.

• Like 2

Then again, the severe lack of 1st and 2nd party games is precisely why I no longer have a PS4. Maybe they should try again, or bother making a new Wipeout.

Yeah, and a new Jet Moto! I thought I heard somewhere that they had no plans to continue with the TM franchise at this point, so, down goes another one.

• Like 1

Personally, I had fun with the game.

Is it the best Twisted Metal? No.
Is it fun to play? I thought so. I never had any real issues with controls, but I do agree on the whole "let's just make 4 drivers and they do all the vehicles" bit.
I don't get why they couldn't have done what EVERY other Twisted Metal had done up to that point. Really wish they'd release a sequel to it but with lotsa improvements. This style of game is pretty much dead at this point, and it makes me sad...

• Like 1

Yeah, and a new Jet Moto! I thought I heard somewhere that they had no plans to continue with the TM franchise at this point, so, down goes another one.

I heard like 4 years ago about a new Jet Moto, but nothing ever came of it. It seems one of the big three has to have their head in their ass at all time, and I'll never understand why the PS4 is so popular this generation. They've shown they don't seem to care about ANY Sony franchise, with many the exception of Uncharted, which frankly, is getting stale at this point. TM, Jet Moto, Wipeout, Crash, Dexter, Ratchet, ....they have countless franchises at their disposal. And they do NOTHING with them. They just fire their talent instead (Psygnosis).

Personally, I had fun with the game.

Is it the best Twisted Metal? No.

Is it fun to play? I thought so. I never had any real issues with controls, but I do agree on the whole "let's just make 4 drivers and they do all the vehicles" bit.

I don't get why they couldn't have done what EVERY other Twisted Metal had done up to that point. Really wish they'd release a sequel to it but with lotsa improvements. This style of game is pretty much dead at this point, and it makes me sad...

"This style"... I've felt that way about nearly all 90's generation genres. First person shooters, third person shooters, and sandbox titles. It's all we get. Tired of it. I didn't like the game, but I respect your opinion. The character thing bothered me, and it's nice to see I'm not alone in that. Sweet Tooth shouldn't be in Axle. I mean... wtf?

• Like 1

I'll never understand why the PS4 is so popular this generation.

Truth be told, Microsoft is the reason the PS4 is so popular this generation. Their initial plans for the Xbone apparently turned a lot of people off from it, and even after doing the 180 they apparently didn't get all their fanboys back as shown by the PS4 selling 2-to-1 at launch.

From what I gather, Microsoft has sold about 19-20 million Xbones as of January 2016. Sony's apparently sold about 35.9 million PS4s. Seems the trend is more or less continuing.

• Like 2

I've always been dissapointed to find Sony haven't done anything with Colony Wars and G-Police since the PS1 days.

The hardware has the potential (espically with online play as standard now) to do some wonderous things with the series.

It does appear all the concern over XB1 not letting you play used games (this, before hardware even launched), the whole Kinect as standard at start, fiasco, along with the XB1 being seen as the 'weaker' hardware,has allowed Sony to storm ahead this generation.

But as a PS1/PS2/PSP/PS3 owner, i still see so little on PS4 that can justify me purchasing a machine and then paying for PS+, just to play online.

• Like 1

I've always been dissapointed to find Sony haven't done anything with Colony Wars and G-Police since the PS1 days.

The hardware has the potential (espically with online play as standard now) to do some wonderous things with the series.

It does appear all the concern over XB1 not letting you play used games (this, before hardware even launched), the whole Kinect as standard at start, fiasco, along with the XB1 being seen as the 'weaker' hardware,has allowed Sony to storm ahead this generation.

But as a PS1/PS2/PSP/PS3 owner, i still see so little on PS4 that can justify me purchasing a machine and then paying for PS+, just to play online.

Yeah, there is little reason to. All their franchises are absent. And the few exclusives they had are now shared with PC (like guilty gear Xrd or street fighter). I feel Sony does this now when they feel like they're ahead. They get cocky and just coast. It'll one day, I feel, be playstation's undoing.

• Like 1