IGNORED

How to burn a homebrew to CD 2016 Edition

Rick Dangerous

Can someone explain this in the simplest of terms? I really want to burn myself a copy of Gem Race now that Felyx made that nice art for it.

I have Jiffi and think its a great and simple program, but where do you go from there? Convert to what file, what type of cd's best to use, what program best for burning to a CD with windows 7-10? Etc.

Thanks! From those of us that need our hand held :D

Can someone explain this in the simplest of terms? I really want to burn myself a copy of Gem Race now that Felyx made that nice art for it.

I have Jiffi and think its a great and simple program, but where do you go from there? Convert to what file, what type of cd's best to use, what program best for burning to a CD with windows 7-10? Etc.

Thanks! From those of us that need our hand held :D

http://reboot.atari.org/new-reboot/burning.html

CDI file

Best CDs: Experiment. Personally, JVC/Taiyo Yuden.

Edited by sh3-rg
  • Like 4

Grab up the converted .cdi file that Felyx posted and head to Reboot's site for a simple guide to burn.

As far as the brand of CDR to use, I've had luck with inexpensive Memorex and ONN brand from WalMart although others have said Memorex doesn't work for them. More of a trial and error thing for me over the years. Just burn as slowly as possible for the best results.

Edit:

Or click the link Sh3-rg posted :P

Edit:

To convert a file to a burnable CD image using JiFFI, grab a .coff, .cof or .abs file like in Dr. Typo's zip file and place it somewhere on your computer. I put mine in the JiFFI folder for ease. Run JiFFI and click "Source" button at top. Navigate to and double click the .cof file. Tick or leave ticked "Generate output files in the source directory."

Output path is auto filled in.

post-2188-0-82607600-1455654941_thumb.png

About halfway down the JiFFI window, under Output format(s): tick "ULS boot .cdi"

Click the button "Create file(s)" and the 15 or so MB file will appear in the JiFFI folder.

post-2188-0-23332000-1455654956_thumb.png

Now head to Reboot's site to burn. Easy money :)

• Like 4

To burn a jaguar CD, download the free demo of Discjuggler.

To burn a CD with that software, simply select the jiffi converted Jaguar rom as source

Insert a blank CD-R

Click on Start button and that's it: you will get the game burned.

I am using Verbatim printable CD-R (because they are here the only ones i can find) and it works almost everytime.

Then as my computer is a Mac, I am using Cd Laserprint to print on it the CD deco then I spray some coating to protect the printed picture and that's it.

Edited by Felyx
  • Like 2

This is exactly the one I am using:

3X9E.jpg

The inkjet print on CD is very vulnerable in the humidity and just by touching the CD you leave finger marks which damage that printed deco.

With that coating it becomes waterproof.

Edited by Felyx
  • Like 1

Burn at the slowest speed you can. I got only coasters until speed was down to 4x. Also, most newer dvd burners won't go any slower than 12x or 16x regardless of what speed setting you set in your burning software. Older dvd drives burn at the slower speeds. Good luk.

• 2 weeks later...