IGNORED

Here's how NOT to send a brand new Zaxxon

save2600

More unnecessary damage due to clueless handling/packaging/shipping practices. :mad:

Unbelievable. Was purchased from (probably) the very last guy that has these things new. Coleco box measures 5-1/2" wide, so why not send it in a box that measures smaller?!? And to make matters even more ridiculous, fills the empty space with that messy shredded paper crap!!! :skull:

post-13896-0-43905000-1455842810_thumb.jpg post-13896-0-02913600-1455842812_thumb.jpg post-13896-0-61366200-1455842813_thumb.jpg post-13896-0-12415000-1455842815_thumb.jpg post-13896-0-76370000-1455842818_thumb.jpg post-13896-0-82327400-1455842819_thumb.jpg post-13896-0-48579700-1455845962_thumb.jpg post-13896-0-45143000-1455845963_thumb.jpg

What makes this all that more infuriating is the fact it came from a long time seller who's been around for decades. Don't worry, not from here. Didn't think I needed to prequalify him by sending special (read: normal) instructions on how to send this shit. Idiotic. Senseless. Unnecessary.

Not talking about a lot of money, but that's not the point. ;)

• Like 1

I hate it when people don't know how to properly pack a game. An eBay seller once sent me a SNES packed with scotch tape and shopping bags. No one deserves to open a box and find the item that they were waiting for damaged. I hope this all gets resolved and fixed!

I hate it when people don't know how to properly pack a game. An eBay seller once sent me a SNES packed with scotch tape and shopping bags. No one deserves to open a box and find the item that they were waiting for damaged. I hope this all gets resolved and fixed!

I'll be surprised if I hear back from him/them at all after my scathing (yet appropriately so) e-mail. :lol:

There's nothing clueless, lazy, or stupid. It's typical cost savings.

Bullshit. You're not saving anybody (including yourself ultimately) any money by unnecessarily ruining product.

Guess I just need to hand out a politely condescending e-mail/letter assuming everyone is retarded today by explaining how exactly I want something to be shipped today.

Dear seller:

Oh, I'm sorry… guess I am choosing to purchase from you for x-and-x reasons. That said, and I'm willing to pay extra if need be (i've actually said this before!!), but would you kindly go out of your way to NOT DAMAGE my product during packaging and before shipping? I happen to be one of these "weirdos" that expects their purchases to arrive intact. After all, you did and do claim that such and such is brand new and/or operable. You may already take such common sense measures to help ensure what somebody purchases arrives intact, but I just wanted to make sure that you know how important it is to ME that MY purchase arrives in as good a shape as it was BEFORE you cram it carelessly into a box. Sorry if you are offended by my simple request, but you simply do not know anymore just who has common sense and who doesn't!

Again, I apologize in advance for purchasing something from you. Or troubling you with my purchase. It's all my fault. Really, it is. But if you're butt hurt over my concerns, please feel free to refund my purchase and apply some mineral oil to the sore spots on your ass.

Sincerely yours

-Somebody who is sick and friggin' tired of having to spell every_single_thing out for everybody all_of_the_time.

;)

• Like 7

I feel your pain. Ebay seller sent me a near mint copy of Tempest for Sega Saturn. Ran me between $30-$40.00 The guy never bothered to wrap it in anything to protect it. No Styrofoam, no bubble wrap,nothing. What I got was a cracked Saturn case that looked like a jigsaw puzzle. Granted i had extra cases to replace it but thats not the point. You ship out to a buyer you should use care and respect towards them. Thought maybe it was the postal service just being careless till I started reading up on his Ebay references. Turns out the guy was a sloppy shipper. Lots of complaints from buyers. Sorry you got a sloppy game man. Its frustrating as hell when you pay more for something you want to be as close to perfection as possible, then see it pissed away because of carelessness.

Those free Priority Mail boxes are absolute crap. I've watched these boxes get thinner and thinner over the past decade. USPS keeps raising their package rates (rather significantly), but these smaller Priority Mail boxes have just gotten horrible. I stopped using them to ship boxed games some time ago.

And save2600, you are correct, it sucks that I have to explicitly ask the seller to ship a boxed game (or other fragile item) in a proper box with actual packing material, and get them to agree to do so before I even bid on an item. After receiving so many crushed boxes in bubble mailers, or hell, even just in a manilla envelope (!), you really have no other choice if you want to help ensure an item arrives in good condition, and if ti doesn't, you at least have some recourse. Hell, I had a seller ship a $300 LEGO set wrapped in BROWN PAPER, even after overcharging me for shipping. As you might expect, the box didn't survive the journey very well.

..AL

• Like 7

I don't mind bubble mailers for cheap, common, loose game carts. I've never had a cart get broken in the mail.

However CIB or rare and expensive items are another story. Always ship those in a larger, sturdier box.

Also when ordering from Amazon to take advantage of free super saver shipping, I always try to add two dissimilar items together, like for instance a DVD with a vinyl record. They'll put the record in the media mail protective cardboard, then stick it and the DVD case into a larger box.

I don't mind bubble mailers for cheap, common, loose game carts. I've never had a cart get broken in the mail.

However CIB or rare and expensive items are another story. Always ship those in a larger, sturdier box.

Yes, bubble mailers are fine for many things, including loose carts. But not for boxed items that may be crushed, and most especially when you're dealing with items in a potential collecting scenario. Many sellers are just cheap, cheap, cheap, and want to ship items with as little effort and cost as possible, unfortunately.

..Al

• Like 2

Also when ordering from Amazon to take advantage of free super saver shipping, I always try to add two dissimilar items together, like for instance a DVD with a vinyl record. They'll put the record in the media mail protective cardboard, then stick it and the DVD case into a larger box.

I used the same trick when ordering a birthday gift for a family member. Amazon indicated that the item would ship in it's original packaging - potentially ruining the surprise if the courier arrived when I wasn't home. I ordered a cheap accessory to go along with the gift. They both arrived packaged in a larger shipping box.