IGNORED

Sears Tele-Games vs Atari 2600?

Professor Gull

So I went to my local pawn shop to look for Sega Saturn games....yeah I know but Pawn shops get weird stuff. So with that I found a box I had not seen before and wanted to know a little more about it.

So I threw down my $10 and took it home. Hopefully the pics come through but this is what I cam home with. Any info on this would be helpful.

CbVh2TOUEAAegKc.jpg

CbHFCjeUUAId5KL.jpg

• Like 5

You came home with a Sears Tele-Games Heavy Sixer!! And for $10 that is more than a steal, it is robbery! :) These were only manufactured from 1977-1978 in Sunnyvale California. It is an uncommon model variation and highly sought after by collectors. Sears teamed up with Atari and branded the Tele Games as their model of the 2600. That is a beautiful looking system and a fantastic pickup. The controllers should be Sears branded CX-10's, that is an original gray power supply, and the box has seen some wear and tear from old age. I have an Atari and Sears Heavy Sixer myself. The Sears models are beautiful! Love the walnut grain finish and the metallic silver along the cart slot bezel. Congrats on your purchase! :)

ten bucks ! nice score

looks like a cib with inserts ,Sears Branded "Heavy sixer" with origonal grey power supply ...

can you take pics of joysticks from top down ? to see if they are origonal "cx-10"'s or the newer "cx-40" ?

sweet deal !!!

Edited by chas10e

What an amazing find...especially for $10.00. :-o

Welcome to the Tele-Games Heavy Sixer club! Please add your console to the The Official "Heavy Sixer Serial Number" list. - http://atariage.com/forums/topic/76656-the-official-heavy-sixer-serial-number-list/

Below is a picture of mine. Retrogamer81081 is right, the Tele-Games models are beautiful.

http://atariage.com/forums/gallery/image/14770-tele-games-heavy-front/

• Like 1

You came home with a Sears Tele-Games Heavy Sixer!! And for $10 that is more than a steal, it is robbery! :) These were only manufactured from 1977-1978 in Sunnyvale California. It is an uncommon model variation and highly sought after by collectors. Sears teamed up with Atari and branded the Tele Games as their model of the 2600. That is a beautiful looking system and a fantastic pickup. The controllers should be Sears branded CX-10's, that is an original gray power supply, and the box has seen some wear and tear from old age. I have an Atari and Sears Heavy Sixer myself. The Sears models are beautiful! Love the walnut grain finish and the metallic silver along the cart slot bezel. Congrats on your purchase! :)

So is only the heavy 6 sears worth anything or rare? Or is my lite 6 sears also worth it? And was lite 6 also limited run or years? Or that lasted a lot longer?

I have a Tele-Games Heavy Sixer, and it's glorious. Amazing switches, that cool silvery faceplate, and that gorgeous fake-wood swirl. Congrats on your find - especially with that box! And here's hoping, like others said, that the sticks are CX-10s. I lucked into a set with mine and they are absolutely my favorite way to play VCS games... so smooth and luxurious! And have fun with Demon Attack and Yars' Revenge!

• Like 2

So is only the heavy 6 sears worth anything or rare? Or is my lite 6 sears also worth it? And was lite 6 also limited run or years? Or that lasted a lot longer?

The Heavies are the most uncommon. Tele-Games Light Sixers are actually the most common. They were manufactured from 1978-1982. After that it was the 4 switch from 1982-1983 then the Video Arcade 2 from 1983-1984.

You sure the Video Arcade 2 isn't the most uncommon? I have seen more Heavies than 2s.

I meant to say that the Heavy Sixer was the most uncommon of the toggle switch models. I do know the Video Arcade 2 is very uncommon. I should have phrased it better as I was comparing the rarity's of the Heavy Sixer, Light Sixer, and 4 Switch.

I will get pics of the sticks shortly.Top down I would love to complete the box get the manual and paddles as well. Anyone know if they were Gemini or Atari brand?

ten bucks ! nice score

looks like a cib with inserts ,Sears Branded "Heavy sixer" with origonal grey power supply ...

can you take pics of joysticks from top down ? to see if they are origonal "cx-10"'s or the newer "cx-40" ?

sweet deal !!!

I will get pics of the sticks shortly.Top down I would love to complete the box get the manual and paddles as well. Anyone know if they were Gemini or Atari brand?

the Atari branded paddles had the "Atari Fuji" symbol next to the tennis rackets

the Sears Branded paddles had "Sears" on the label

re-issued paddles said "paddle"

gemini had no label

when you get some they will most likely need to be cleaned http://atariage.com/forums/topic/184296-slowcoders-guide-to-cleaning-up-your-2600/?p=2316794

that Warlords game is a great paddle game ( will need two sets for 4 players ;) )

the "cx-10" joysticks DO NOT say "top" as you notice your "cx-40's" do

also I'm not sure if all cx-10's came with "hex discs" ( I don't think they did ) here's a pic of one from another thread ...

post-2095-1151985211.jpg

Atari branded ones would say "Atari"

the cx-10's don't play as reliably as the cx-40's in most cases ... the throw of the stick & button is longer , the springs creak & groan so it's mostly for the nostalgic-charm that makes them cool

Hmm might be a chore to get all Sears pieces interesting to know about the CX-10's as well. I had an Atari when I was younger but I don't recall much about it. The oldest system I have from my own childhood is my 7800 with those awful controllers that leave blisters on your hand. Thanks for the info guys and gals such a good resource for finding anything and everything.

Now I just need to find that Jaguar CD I have been interested in.

Thanks to AA member spawnshop, my Sears Heavy Sixer now has a proper home.

attachicon.gifTele-Games Center.JPG attachicon.gifTele-Games Center w HSixer.JPG attachicon.gifTele-Games Inside.JPG

Nice!! :love: Spawnshop hooked me up as well with the Sears Heavy Sixer that I purchased this past November. Nice, I see some CX-10's and the original paddles and driving controllers!! :thumbsup: