IGNORED

PRGE - Portland Retro Gaming Expo - Oct 22,23 2016

Rev

If the Canadian dollar and the price of Oil increases, so do my chances of going. :)

Screw it, I've started saving already, exchange rate be damned. Going to have to find a cheaper hotel though...the Courtyard was nice but I'll probably be driving down with my friends so we can be further away without a problem.

Screw it, I've started saving already, exchange rate be damned. Going to have to find a cheaper hotel though...the Courtyard was nice but I'll probably be driving down with my friends so we can be further away without a problem.

I'm just gonna come down a couple days early and pimp Rev in some back alleys. My cut will take care of the exchange.

• Like 2

Do you think it's necessary to book the hotel so early? I would really like to attend, but I will not know if I can until about one month before the event...

Any suggestion will be really appreciated by this poor alien, even about the accommodation :)

I think I booked my hotel maybe a week before the show last year. :) I wouldn't recommend booking that late but I wouldn't say you have to book it for a while.

• Like 2

I definitely am making plans to go to this one. Paul, Will, and I haven't discussed a booth yet, but there are definite possibilities for an Intellivisionaries booth at PRGE 2016.

Clearly you guys have to go, I mean who else can I invite back to my room? ;) You guys need to be there to record the Intellivision event for posterity.

I'm going to have a booth somewhere. I'm open to sharing a space as well. I won't have a lot to sell...but I think I have Groovy Bee almost convinced to show up. I'll need to do another PRGE release and have a few other items for sale. Any Programmers that can't be there but want to sell something shoot me a PM.

So I'll have a little ten foot space somewhere. Time to find a few cheap, small LCD TV's.

Going for sure. Unless I get cancer or lose my job or something equally horrific.

Probably gonna stay at the Eastlund again - it was a bit pricey (around $200 USD a night before tax) but it's literally across the street, and a pretty swank place on the inside. Super handy if you buy anything large and cumbersome.

As far as folks worrying about booking hotels - the area gets booked up early, IF there's other stuff going on at the convention center. Which there was, last year. So all the cheap/close hotels get snapped up months in advance. But never fear - Portland's LRT runs right next to the place. Plus there's always the option to just drive. So you can stay anywhere in the city. The only reason some of us book early is to be within walking distance. Portland isn't that busy in October otherwise.

Can't decide how many extra days to stay this time. Might be fun to do a beach day.

I'm going to have a booth somewhere. I'm open to sharing a space as well. I won't have a lot to sell...but I think I have Groovy Bee almost convinced to show up. I'll need to do another PRGE release and have a few other items for sale. Any Programmers that can't be there but want to sell something shoot me a PM.

So I'll have a little ten foot space somewhere. Time to find a few cheap, small LCD TV's.

I thought you already had your booth booked for the underground parkade? :) That would be awesome if Mark could come too. This will be a lot of fun this year, even bigger than the CGE Inty contingent.

Going for sure. Unless I get cancer or lose my job or something equally horrific.

Probably gonna stay at the Eastlund again - it was a bit pricey (around $200 USD a night before tax) but it's literally across the street, and a pretty swank place on the inside. Super handy if you buy anything large and cumbersome.

As far as folks worrying about booking hotels - the area gets booked up early, IF there's other stuff going on at the convention center. Which there was, last year. So all the cheap/close hotels get snapped up months in advance. But never fear - Portland's LRT runs right next to the place. Plus there's always the option to just drive. So you can stay anywhere in the city. The only reason some of us book early is to be within walking distance. Portland isn't that busy in October otherwise.

Can't decide how many extra days to stay this time. Might be fun to do a beach day.

Same with me, barring the unforeseen I'll be there. I figure if Rev can go despite anal leakage then I'd damn well better make an effort to get there myself.

I don't think I looked at the Eastlund...hmmmm. I should probably put more effort into it this time. :)

I think we need to make sure we all have more time to ride the elephant.

I'm coming into the light! I'm an upscale whore now.

I thought you already had your booth booked for the underground parkade? :) That would be awesome if Mark could come too. This will be a lot of fun this year, even bigger than the CGE Inty contingent.